Author Topic: In our 5 straight losses  (Read 894 times)

Offline herdorbust2

In our 5 straight losses
« on: February 24, 2024, 08:40:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have scored 67,66,58,58,58. That is pathetic!!! You would think Danny would recognize that slow long players is the difference. His best years he had Jon and Andy along with Burkes. And even now our best player is Voyles. But he insists on as many slow bigs as he can get. He has no clue what to recruit for his system. It's bad enough that he never coaches during games but now he doesn't have the guards either. And for the person that said he was thanking boosters etc and thinking it might be a sign he was leaving. I say he is trying to suck up to them to make sure he stays.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, miltonherdfan, coalherd, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

In our 5 straight losses
    « on: February 24, 2024, 08:40:30 PM »

Offline GreenWhite

Re: In our 5 straight losses
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 08:47:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have seen a lot of Marshall hoops and this is the worst shooting team I have ever seen.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, svherd, Buffalo Bop, elginherd, coalherd, ThunderCat98, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline coalherd

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 09:08:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Among his postgame remarks he praised Corny, saying he did a great job of "preparing" the team (for this game).  Could this be the beginning of Danny's campaign to "grease the skids" for Corny as the next HC, and thus keep his own hands, philosophy, etc., in the program?

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 09:21:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Clean house.  If new HC wants to retain any assistants it?s his choice.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, Buffalo Bop, miltonherdfan, ThunderCat98, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 09:23:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Corny is the next coach just stick a fork in the Bison because the program will be toast.

TRS
    MU 71

Online svherd

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 09:24:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • None of these coaches could even be considered as a candidate for the next HC. The only one I would retain is Caldwell so we can keep Kim.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, Flat Tire 2, luckytoes99, GreenDaddy, ThunderCat98

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 09:26:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do not want to see another alumni coaching this team. We need an experienced coach that has connections. My biggest concern is if we get rid of the whole staff, will coach Caldwell start looking elsewhere.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdly4, luckytoes99

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 09:42:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My biggest concern is if we get rid of the whole staff, will coach Caldwell start looking elsewhere.

When/if there is a new coach, I'm willing to bet one of the condition's is that he stays on staff (or they just pay him X amount to do nothing, another position in the athletic department, etc.)

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, Flat Tire 2, luckytoes99

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 09:45:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I say hire Coach K. And I'm not talking about the retired Duke Coach.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mu79grad

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2024, 09:55:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought this would be about avg ppg.  58-64ppg on season but give up 75ppg.  Figured Voyles would be our best player bc he was a MEAC guard which is an athletic, physical guard league.  We need (4) Voyles

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 09:58:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My biggest concern is if we get rid of the whole staff, will coach Caldwell start looking elsewhere.

She's got 6 yrs left on her deal. That'd be a mighty big buyout for a WBB coach, considering it's not a revenue sport at most universities. Besides, there are other reasons for her to stay here. She's from here (Pksbg), I believe her mom still lives here (& she's a widow), her husband is from here (mullens). I definitely wouldn't "force" Justin onto a new staff if the next HC didn't think he'd be a good fit. I mean, Justin took a spot on a staff led by the oldest coach in the country...how long was he expecting this gig to last, anyway?  DD will be 83 when Kim's contract expires.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 10:02:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are 1-6 out of our last 7 games. Hey, all that matters is what happens in the SBC tournament, SURE.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, DC01HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 10:02:36 PM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2024, 10:16:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are 1-6 out of our last 7 games. Hey, all that matters is what happens in the SBC tournament, SURE.

Not only do I doubt many Herd fans are expecting great results for the men's team in the tournament, I'd bet Dan isn't either. 

The following users thanked this post: wlf

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2024, 10:18:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One and done is what I expect in Florida. This team is done.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, thelonderee, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2024, 10:32:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The hottest team in the league right now may be Arkansas St. and they have the type of team that would give us fits. Guards and more guards!!! We don't want to play JMU and App if possible. ODU has quick guards and has our number even though they are awful. Troy would be tough for us also. We may win one game with the right draw and then done imo.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2024, 10:36:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have shot so incredibly bad that we may get hot in the tournament.  Odds are we can't shoot this bad forever.

The following users thanked this post: goherd73

Online MUfan08

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2024, 10:43:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The hottest team in the league right now may be Arkansas St. and they have the type of team that would give us fits. Guards and more guards!!! We don't want to play JMU and App if possible. ODU has quick guards and has our number even though they are awful. Troy would be tough for us also. We may win one game with the right draw and then done imo.

Oh yeah, Arkansas State has Taryn Todd who is one of their leaders at guard.
    But we passed on him during the summer when he visited with Voyles to keep Braun and try to make a PG out of Conner and Curfman.

Just think on the two misses from Danny if he would have brought in both Todd and Meyer.
    Talk about our guard play not being in the crapper. But Dan would rather just blame he was depending on Andy to come back than to actually try.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 11:07:45 PM by MUfan08 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #17 on: February 24, 2024, 10:48:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh yeah, Arkansas State has Taryn Todd who is one of their leaders at guard.
    But we passed on him during the summer to keep Braun and try to make a PG out of Conner and Curfman.

Just think on the two misses from Danny if he would have brought in both Todd and Meyer.
    Talk about our guard play not being in the crapper. But Dan would rather just blame he was depending on Andy to come back than to actually try.

And blame the players, the fans, etc.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Online MUfan08

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2024, 11:00:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And blame the players, the fans, etc.

Don't forget
    Hamrick
    O'Malley
    Not having a President
    Not having an AD
    Covid (two years afterwards)
    Conference not pulling strings to get us in NCAA or NIT (can't be he played a terrible OOC schedule)
    Paneva abandoning him(and he didn't have a backup plan, sounds familiar)
    Portal
    NIL
    Young team
    Other team is older and using the portal
    Playing in CUSA
    Playing in SBC
    Not having a practice facility
    Not having charter flights
    Coaches (other coaches not him of course, remember, he had to bring up he was getting more involved and taking over practices after the little Miami loss).
    Too tough of a schedule (he mentioned this year's schedule was for a senior lead team)
    Social media

« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 06:35:38 AM by MUfan08 »

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2024, 11:58:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't forget
    Hamrick
    O'Malley
    Not having a President
    Not having an AD
    Covid (two years afterwards)
    Conference not pulling strings to get us in NCAA or NIT (can't be he played a terrible OOC schedule)
    Paneva abandoning him(and he didn't have a backup plan, sounds familiar)
    Portal
    NIL
    Young team
    Other team is older and using the portal
    Playing in CUSA
    Playing in SBC
    Not having a practice facility
    Not having charter flights
    Coaches (remember, he had to bring up he was getting more involved and taking over practices after the little Miami loss).
    Too tough of a schedule (he mentioned this schedule was for a senior lead team)
    He also stated something like: I'll know when to leave.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2024, 12:08:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He also stated something like: I'll know when to leave.

Which will be when the lock has been changed on his office door and his possessions are in boxes stacked in the hall.

Offline banker

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2024, 01:25:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just remember Dan hating the move to the SBC because it was such a weak league.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2024, 01:25:37 AM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2024, 01:27:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Which will be when the lock has been changed on his office door and his possessions are in boxes stacked in the hall.

"stacked in the hall" Hell!!  Danny D. is too old, too arrogant, too self-absorbed, and too damn stubborn to get the message even if he found his "possessions", stuff, etc., unceremoniously strewn in the nearest dumpster outside the CAM!!

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #23 on: February 25, 2024, 08:29:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just remember Dan hating the move to the SBC because it was such a weak league.

Yep

Worst part is we can dominate the Sun Belt with a good coach

Please retire DD
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 08:53:21 AM by Garbanjo »

Online luvherd

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2024, 08:45:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • APATHY
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member