Author Topic: Marshall vs. Appy State Game Thread - (2/24 - 6PM EST)  (Read 1160 times)

Online MUfan08

Re: Marshall vs. Appy State Game Thread - (2/24 - 6PM EST)
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2024, 07:40:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's the type of play and pick and roll needed from Obinna.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2024, 07:40:25 PM »

Offline herd1990

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2024, 07:43:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I continue to be amazed at how a roster full of "D1 guys" can't shoot a lick.  This is the most pathetic display of perimeter shooting I've witnessed at this level, maybe ever.  If it weren't for Voyles today, we'd have 25 points with 6 minutes left in the game 😳😳😳.  And we'd be 10-43 from the field (23%). 😂😂😂

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan

Offline coalherd

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2024, 07:46:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nearing the last week of the regular season, it is pretty obvious that guys like Nutter, Fricks, Conner, are just as bad in their offensive games here in game 29 as they were in week 1 of the season!!  More of that renown "coaching up" that fans have come to see, sadly, from this "veteran" staff!
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 08:19:10 PM by coalherd »

Offline herd1990

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2024, 07:50:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are 2-20 from 3!  10%.  I could find middle schoolers who could easily triple that rate!

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, coalherd

Offline coalherd

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2024, 07:50:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Down by 9, shoot another "BRICK 3" - - THAT'S 'DUMB A$$" DANNY BALL, FOLKS!!  AIN'T IT "FUN"?
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 08:18:17 PM by coalherd »

The following users thanked this post: herd1990

Online MUfan08

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2024, 07:50:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That Tate guys just going off.

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2024, 07:51:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is hard to watch. I sure hope Dan decides to step down at the end of the season. He may not have pressure from within Marshalls administration, but I can guarantee he feels the fans frustration with him. He may just get tired and move on. That's what we need to hope for at this point.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herd1990

Offline herdman22

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2024, 07:57:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I continue to be amazed at how a roster full of "D1 guys" can't shoot a lick.  This is the most pathetic display of perimeter shooting I've witnessed at this level, maybe ever.  If it weren't for Voyles today, we'd have 25 points with 6 minutes left in the game .  And we'd be 10-43 from the field (23%).
    I would not believe it in NAIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herd1990

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2024, 07:59:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are 2-20 from 3!  10%.  I could find middle schoolers who could easily triple that rate!

Introduce them to Dan, I'm sure he'll set aside a scholarship and not use it until they get to Marshall.   Absolutely the worse manager of school resources in college ball today.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdtown, herd1990, parshall2marshall, miltonherdfan

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2024, 08:03:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WBB Team shoots well from 3

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2024, 08:11:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD asked for fans to show up to help recruiting.  Does anyone really believe recruits aren't going to be more turned off by what  they see on the floor, than the fans they see in the stands?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan, coalherd, herdorbust2

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2024, 08:13:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dantoni's offense is just down right awful.  It is more fun to watch a good high school game.  It is the same ole garbage year after year.  He is trying to run a NBA offense with a bunch of middle schoolers. 

TRS
    Mu 71

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herd1990, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2024, 08:13:09 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2024, 08:15:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another great offensive "show" by the HERD headed by that offensive genius, DANNY-BOY!  Meanwhile, YET another opposing player, Appy's Tate, gets his career high scoring total!  BET in his 10-year MU TENURE, D'Antoni has had MORE OPPOSING PLAYERS get their career scoring highs against his teams than any other D-1 HC!!

Yep, another game where we scored in the FIFTIES!  Can't beat good high school opponents doing that game in and game out!!

Online MUfan08

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2024, 08:16:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

But during practices we makes shots, fans are pressuring the players too much haha.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online MUfan08

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2024, 08:19:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Danny on the post game with Steve cotton after the game said he liked the team effort, but we are not making shots.

We have two games left and if we can start making shots we having a chance in Florida....

He thanked Brad and Alys Smith, Marshall Reynolds, Scaggs, for supporting running with the herd
    (Twice so far tonight he is thanking boosters).

See what he says with the media in a bit.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 08:29:41 PM by MUfan08 »

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2024, 08:22:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dantoni's offense is just down right awful.  It is more fun to watch a good high school game.  It is the same ole garbage year after year.  He is trying to run a NBA offense with a bunch of middle schoolers. 

TRS
    Mu 71

I know you are one of the most dedicated Marshall fans and you have followed The Herd since the late 1960's, not sure. We were 3-23 or 13% from the 3Pt line. I think you are correct. I am starting to feel sorry for Dan like I did for former MU coach Jule Rivlin who was an All American player for MU and got Hal Greer his chance to play in the NBA.

I think it was a mistake to hire Dan, it was not personal. I think Dan does love MU and he lived has his dream and gave his best shot. Hopefully we move on before it gets ugly.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 08:24:04 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2024, 08:23:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • App State brings Tate off the bench, and he destroyed us. This is why you have to develop a roster with depth.

I thought Voyles had a good game going. I really don't understand why we didn't get him more touches off of dead ball timeouts. He seemed to be in a nice flow on both ends of the floor. You have to recognize who is feeling it and get that player the ball more. I really thought we could have run him off some double screens and got him the ball on the move & let him create....not just for himself but also for the team.

It was a good effort from the team. We just don't have enough ballers compared to what the opposition had this evening.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, goherd73, Collis P

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2024, 08:25:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This team doesn't have enough guys in the rotation as well. We get tired in the final 10-15 minutes. The legs go and an already offensively challenged bunch has no chance. Add in extra defensive lapses.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, coalherd

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2024, 08:27:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Danny on the post game with Steve cotton after the game said he liked the team effort, but we are not making shots.Thank you Capitan obvious, also, in case you haven't noticed, we loosing A LOT

We have two games left and if we can start making shots we having a chance in Florida....Umm if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle

He thanked Brad Smith, Aleese, Reynolds, Scaggs, for supporting running with the herd
    (Twice so far tonight he is thanking boosters).Got keep the dwindling number of supporters feeling mportant

See what he says with the media in a bit.At this point who really cares?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #44 on: February 24, 2024, 08:29:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please Fing retire DD

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2024, 08:36:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • App State brings Tate off the bench, and he destroyed us. This is why you have to develop a roster with depth.

I thought Voyles had a good game going. I really don't understand why we didn't get him more touches off of dead ball timeouts. He seemed to be in a nice flow on both ends of the floor. You have to recognize who is feeling it and get that player the ball more. I really thought we could have run him off some double screens and got him the ball on the move & let him create....not just for himself but also for the team.

It was a good effort from the team. We just don't have enough ballers compared to what the opposition had this evening.

What do you expect when half of your scholarships are tied up with nonplayers?  Two guys who are sitting ON SCHOLARSHIPS not playing so they can transfer somewhere else.  Two fifth year drumbeating seniors that are so bad they don't even see the floor on senior night.  This is so f--ed up no one would accept it as the plot of a satirical sports movie.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2024, 08:41:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well in Dan's pregame

He also made an interesting comment which I don't recall him doing before and thanking people for this season and supporting.
    Thanked his sister for helping raise money. Thanked Herdthat and raising money for the program.
    Thanked the Scaggs for supporting and basketball practice facility. Thanked Marshall Reynolds for supporting the charter flights for the program.

Interesting since I believe I read several posts that Mike or the D'antoni family paid for the charter flights. How much we will the program miss the money from Dan's family if he "retires"?

« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 08:46:02 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2024, 08:41:26 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2024, 08:49:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This team doesn't have enough guys in the rotation as well. We get tired in the final 10-15 minutes. The legs go and an already offensively challenged bunch has no chance. Add in extra defensive lapses.

Thank Danny boy for that since he keeps a lot of "deadwood" off the floor in the form of about 5 players or so as they remain solidly on the bench, keeping it firmly anchored to the arena floor!!

Offline coalherd

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2024, 08:58:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Among the stats given by Paul Swann on the postgame show, Conner was 1-12 from the field and 0-3 from distance!  HOW many of you all are so THANKFUL for all of those point guard skills he possesses to help compensate for all of his "deadeye shooting"?

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, MicDrass1

Online MUfan08

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2024, 09:06:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan on the post game

Easy analysis we didn't make shots, but they competed.

Said Corny got them prepared to play.

Said if we go game to game, the shots should start to fall.

(Then a commercial interrupted the post game interview) haha

Dan said the kids are going on the media and the negative comments impacting. "And you are not a Marshall fan if you are making those comments."

Hopefully the post game gets linked on here to re-listen to see what was missed during that commercial during his media conference.
    « Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 09:08:53 PM by MUfan08 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2024, 09:06:43 PM »