Author Topic: Marshall Softball At Univ Of Arizona tourney  (Read 736 times)

Online chris88

Marshall Softball At Univ Of Arizona tourney
« on: February 23, 2024, 06:33:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Final:
    Marshall 7 Drake 3 (I believe Drake was 4-1 or 4-2 coming in)
    Marshall now 7-4 on season

Next:
    vs #17 Arizona 8pm ET
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Collis P, luckytoes99, MUonium

HerdFans.com

Marshall Softball At Univ Of Arizona tourney
    « on: February 23, 2024, 06:33:34 PM »

Online mu79grad

Re: Marshall Softball At Univ Of Arizona tourney
    « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 10:25:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 3-3 after 4 innings Arizona vs. Marshall.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2024, 10:34:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall takes a 4-3 lead in the top of 5th on a leadoff triple by Bickel and 1-out single by Gerlach.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Online mu79grad

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2024, 11:01:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 10-4 Arizona after five innings.  All seven of Arizona's runs in the fifth inning were scored after two were out. 

Online mu79grad

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 11:23:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 12-4 Arizona was the final with run-rule taking effect after five and one-half innings.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 09:55:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • they finish the tourney against Central MI and Arizona today, and Indiana tomorrow.

would make a statement to take all three

Offline svherd

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 10:18:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We just don't have the pitching. Morgan needs to make that the primary focus going forward.
    Certainly easier said than done but it's all about pitching in softball

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online chris88

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 10:48:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • AZ scored all those runs late with two outs. Our pitching staff has done a pretty good job overall keeping us in games. Bub is starting after relieving in spots last year. We haven't been losing to NET 200+ teams either...ranked Arkansas, ranked Arizona, a really good ECU team, Penn State, and a good FAU team and we were in all those games except ECU. IMO this team will be very competitive in SBC

Here are a couple of pitchers signed early for next year. There are still other possibilities including portal.

Madelyn Veal

Maddie Veal is a right-handed pitcher from Newnan, Georgia. Veal has already surpassed 500 strikeouts for her career before entering her senior season. In her junior season, Veal won a state championship with Newnan High School in 2023, where she threw 60 shutout innings in the postseason. Veal chose Marshall because, "I love the school and it is absolutely amazing."   It seems she didn't allow a run the entire state tourney.

Aiko Conaway

Aiko Conaway is a right-handed pitcher from Battlefield High School in Haymarket, Virginia. Conaway earned the distinction of being named the 2022 All-Cedar Run District Team Player of the Year as a sophomore. That season, Conaway won 11 games with 97 strikeouts in under 89 innings pitched. Conaway chose Marshall because, "The moment I arrived there, it felt like the perfect fit for me. It exceeded my expectations in every way, and something about the campus and its community just felt different from other schools I had visited. I immediately connected with the coaches, and the college town environment, with its strong sense of family and support for all sports, resonated with me. Marshall University felt like more than just an academic institution; it felt like home."
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, Stripeshrt, parshall2marshall, herddds, Collis P, Flat Tire 2, luckytoes99

Offline Collis P

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2024, 11:37:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • AZ scored all those runs late with two outs. Our pitching staff has done a pretty good job overall keeping us in games. Bub is starting after relieving in spots last year. We haven't been losing to NET 200+ teams either...ranked Arkansas, ranked Arizona, a really good ECU team, Penn State, and a good FAU team and we were in all those games except ECU. IMO this team will be very competitive in SBC

Here are a couple of pitchers signed early for next year. There are still other possibilities including portal.

Madelyn Veal

Maddie Veal is a right-handed pitcher from Newnan, Georgia. Veal has already surpassed 500 strikeouts for her career before entering her senior season. In her junior season, Veal won a state championship with Newnan High School in 2023, where she threw 60 shutout innings in the postseason. Veal chose Marshall because, "I love the school and it is absolutely amazing."   It seems she didn't allow a run the entire state tourney.

Aiko Conaway

Aiko Conaway is a right-handed pitcher from Battlefield High School in Haymarket, Virginia. Conaway earned the distinction of being named the 2022 All-Cedar Run District Team Player of the Year as a sophomore. That season, Conaway won 11 games with 97 strikeouts in under 89 innings pitched. Conaway chose Marshall because, "The moment I arrived there, it felt like the perfect fit for me. It exceeded my expectations in every way, and something about the campus and its community just felt different from other schools I had visited. I immediately connected with the coaches, and the college town environment, with its strong sense of family and support for all sports, resonated with me. Marshall University felt like more than just an academic institution; it felt like home."

It seems like we have recruited Newnan, Georgia a lot.  I believe Jannsen Williams BB was from their and also 1 or 2 footballs - Don't remember the names.   also maybe couple other sports.  Not sure...
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline goherd73

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2024, 07:38:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, luckytoes99

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 10:20:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Arizona and Indiana (former Marshall HC Shonda Stanton) just went 14 innings.

Herd getting ready to take on Arizona. You can view the game here (free): https://pac-12.com/live/university-arizona-2

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 10:55:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd 2-0 after 1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2024, 10:55:46 PM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2024, 11:10:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2-2 after 2

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2024, 11:39:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • az 4-2 after 4

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2024, 12:40:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Final.

#23 Arizona 10, Marshall 2

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2024, 12:42:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Morgan needs some pitchers and I'm sure she'll get them.

Online mu79grad

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2024, 03:39:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Former Marshall Coach, Shonda Stanton, Indiana's team defeated the Herd 12-6.  A 7-run 4th inning was the culprit.

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2024, 08:30:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Collis P, chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2024, 08:30:47 PM »