Author Topic: Women's BB  (Read 705 times)

Offline GreenWhite

Women's BB
« on: February 22, 2024, 12:27:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have been reading all the posts about how we should boycot the men's game on Saturday and how we shouldn't put anymore money into the men's basketball program until we get a new coach. I also have been reading the praises people are heaping on coach Caldwell. They are well deserved. My question is this. How many on here will be at either of the last two home games for the women? My wife and I will be at the last one. A cup of Pepsi costs more than a ticket. Will people only support the women verbally or will they show up and support them in person and with dollars?

HerdFans.com

Women's BB
    « on: February 22, 2024, 12:27:02 PM »

Online Flat Tire 2

Re: Women's BB
    « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 12:32:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good point. I wish I lived near Huntington, I would show my support for Kim. A good turnout might encourage her to stay at MU, I would bet she is becoming a hot commodity in WB circles.

Plus, I think it would be great if the actual WB attendance was higher than MB for the last game. That would send a message to MU and Dan!

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 12:34:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I traveling in from Maryland for the women's game next Friday night. I am excited to be there for the last regular season game.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, parshall2marshall, svherd

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 12:35:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Didn't know the game was on Friday night. I will still be there for the last game.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 01:42:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I plan to drive in for the inaugural game at Jack Cook Stadium and then over to the Cam for the women's game.  Should be a fun DH. 

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 08:00:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My wife and I went to the APP game, and plan on making the Friday night game.

Online chris88

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2024, 07:12:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Women jumped up to season high #89 NET rating. Make that #88 now as of today (Friday, 2/23)
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 10:53:48 AM by chris88 »
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, svherd, MicDrass1

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2024, 07:44:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Winning out should lock up a #13 seed. A #12 seed seems out of reach though. Just my uneducated guess.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Online svherd

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2024, 09:27:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have been reading all the posts about how we should boycot the men's game on Saturday and how we shouldn't put anymore money into the men's basketball program until we get a new coach. I also have been reading the praises people are heaping on coach Caldwell. They are well deserved. My question is this. How many on here will be at either of the last two home games for the women? My wife and I will be at the last one. A cup of Pepsi costs more than a ticket. Will people only support the women verbally or will they show up and support them in person and with dollars?

My wife and I have tickets. We've been watching them all season. First womens game I have attended since Karen Pelphrey broke the womens scoring record, back in the day. Can't help but pull for these gals and staff. They are fun to watch.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, chris88

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2024, 09:57:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Winning out should lock up a #13 seed. A #12 seed seems out of reach though. Just my uneducated guess.

The just released ESPN bracketoligy has the Herd as a 14seed playing Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. A win would have a potential match-up with a sixth seed WVU team.  Earlier this year, the seed for Marshall was at 13. 
    « Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 12:36:08 PM by mu79grad »

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall

Online chris88

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2024, 10:46:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we still have a shot at a twelve if there are 2-3 upsets in conf tourneys.  VT is really good. I'd take my chances with WVU. A lot of basketball to be played before then. A win tomorrow clinches at least a tie for regular season championship.

It was good to see Mahogany Mathews in full uniform and walking a little during Texas State game. Have heard nothing about a timeline for her return but would be great if available for conf tourney. Have no idea if she would be eligible for a medical RS.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, luckytoes99

Online CoachMaclid

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2024, 12:14:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was good to see Mahogany Mathews in full uniform and walking a little during Texas State game. Have heard nothing about a timeline for her return but would be great if available for conf tourney. Have no idea if she would be eligible for a medical RS.

Don't think she's going to be eligible for a medical redshirt.  The criteria are...

• Suffer an injury that is deemed "season-ending"
    • Injury must occur before the halfway point of the season
    • Not participate in more than 30% of the season's games

She's appeared in 16 games, which is going to be about half of our schedule this year.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2024, 12:14:50 PM »

Offline herdloyal

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2024, 01:53:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kim could in a year or two from this season recruit bigger taller young lady?s and make a run at the NCAA championship! Looking at the landscape of women?s BB there is a lot of talent. This could also be a very exciting tournament and Marshall could be in the hunting as a Cinderella team this year.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, luckytoes99

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2024, 03:25:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kim could in a year or two from this season recruit bigger taller young lady?s and make a run at the NCAA championship! Looking at the landscape of women?s BB there is a lot of talent. This could also be a very exciting tournament and Marshall could be in the hunting as a Cinderella team this year.

Online chris88

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2024, 04:45:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I like those who dare to dream big! That would be amazing but there is a big gap between the top 10 or so teams and most everyone else.  The top 100 recruits (on ESPN) for 2024 almost all already signed in early period (WVU has 2-3 of those) and most are going to a handful of teams. Although we know those rankings are not always all that accurate. I think we can be a perennial top 50 program or better that could have a run in tourney in select years. Maybe Gonzaga's women's team a good comparison. But being a top 50 should get you in NCAA or WNIT most every year. And NCAA is adding a 3rd post season tournament. Soon, it appears, the NCAA will start paying women's programs NCAA units like they do on men's side. We'll have to see how recruiting goes. I think the SBC is going to have to elevate to Kim much like MAC football had to elevate to Bob Pruett. Expectations for this year have far exceeded what most anyone thought possible. I thought we could finish in top 4 but didn't expect to be where this team is now and they are not done yet.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, svherd, luckytoes99, elginherd

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2024, 10:39:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like those who dare to dream big! That would be amazing but there is a big gap between the top 10 or so teams and most everyone else.  The top 100 recruits (on ESPN) for 2024 almost all already signed in early period (WVU has 2-3 of those) and most are going to a handful of teams. Although we know those rankings are not always all that accurate. I think we can be a perennial top 50 program or better that could have a run in tourney in select years. Maybe Gonzaga's women's team a good comparison. But being a top 50 should get you in NCAA or WNIT most every year. And NCAA is adding a 3rd post season tournament. Soon, it appears, the NCAA will start paying women's programs NCAA units like they do on men's side. We'll have to see how recruiting goes. I think the SBC is going to have to elevate to Kim much like MAC football had to elevate to Bob Pruett. Expectations for this year have far exceeded what most anyone thought possible. I thought we could finish in top 4 but didn't expect to be where this team is now and they are not done yet.

And we recently won in FB at ND !!
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2024, 10:39:07 PM »