Author Topic: SHR: WV SUPER SIX  (Read 958 times)

Offline marshallmark

Re: SHR: WV SUPER SIX
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2024, 11:59:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great point. I wish the city would convert the ACF property into a sports complex, soccer fields, softball and baseball, with an indoor multipurpose court. Use  it for travel tourneys. This is big business and could be used most weeks of the year. Lots of money spent and taxes gained on those dollars
    As much as I would like to believe there will be businesses there, I highly doubt we ever see anything significant built there.

Marshall and Huntington have already announced that a new welding and robotic facility (revamped Robert C. Byrd Advanced Manufacturing Center) will be going into the old ACF site in the building that was not torn down.  Not sure how much of the site will be used, but there's signage on the fence. 

WV American Water also bought a portion of the site for an office building. 

No idea if there's any more of the site that can be used for anything athletic related. 

"Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2024, 11:59:22 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2024, 12:01:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall and Huntington have already announced that a new welding and robotic facility (revamped Robert C. Byrd Advanced Manufacturing Center) will be going into the old ACF site in the building that was not torn down.  Not sure how much of the site will be used, but there's signage on the fence. 

WV American Water also bought a portion of the site for an office building. 

No idea if there's any more of the site that can be used for anything athletic related.

Good to know. Hoping those projects will result in some permanent jobs and help boost the local economy.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2024, 12:01:43 PM »