Author Topic: Landon on DD in HD 2-22-24  (Read 958 times)

Offline BigJimslade

Landon on DD in HD 2-22-24
« on: February 22, 2024, 10:30:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Never have read anything crazier in my entire life
    The gist is that DD is from S WV and thus looks at things differently
    The sun is always shining on DD per DD
    Horribly out of touch

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

Landon on DD in HD 2-22-24
    « on: February 22, 2024, 10:30:24 AM »

Offline ru4mu2

Re: Landon on DD in HD 2-22-24
    « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2024, 10:34:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Article is basically from DD's presser earlier in the week.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 12:34:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When's the last time Landon has wrote a good, fact based, well researched, article? I don't think he ever has. His "sources" are the message boards and social media. He has no so called hands on the pulse of the fans. I realize he is a columnist, not a reporter. A good columnist will do some research other than the ones I mentioned to write up a good story. Funny how he hasn't written one thing about the fanbase wanting Dan gone.

The following users thanked this post: Collis P, BigJimslade, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline elginherd

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 02:32:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When's the last time Landon has wrote a good, fact based, well researched, article? I don't think he ever has. His "sources" are the message boards and social media. He has no so called hands on the pulse of the fans. I realize he is a columnist, not a reporter. A good columnist will do some research other than the ones I mentioned to write up a good story. Funny how he hasn't written one thing about the fanbase wanting Dan gone.

I agree that Chuck's column today is useless drivel.

I didn't watch last night's game, but what was the paid attendance and how many butts were in seats?

Does the vast majority of the fanbase want DD gone?
    Or is it the just vast majority of the Herdfans' intelligentsia?
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline bighat

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 02:33:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Over 4000 from observation.

Online svherd

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 04:01:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Over 4000 from observation.

That doesn't mean they approve of the product on the floor. Most attend because they spent the money, and/or just wanna come to do something or get out of the house. The crowd last night was dead. Cleared out quick at halftime.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 04:27:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chuck Landon might be the only person in Huntington who should have retired sooner than D'Antoni

The following users thanked this post: herdtown, wasbarryb, SuperAnjario, BigJimslade, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline coalherd

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 04:37:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, it is pretty evident that the "friends of Danny", including those in the insipient Huntington-Charleston media, are starting to "Circle the Wagons"!!  If there is not yet a clear "ground swell" of an Anti-Danny movement, there are ever-growing rumblings among the "Herd Faithful" reflecting the SAME sentiment!!

Oh did anyone else catch the quote from Coach D in today's Luke Creasy's write-up of the JMU fiasco on Wednesday?  After his team just extended its season long losing streak to 4 games courtesy of the beatdown from JMU, Danny D. was quoted saying about his team "We're playing well . . .".

WTF!!  Does that sound to you guys that, as the Chuckster wrote, Coach is "plugged in" as to the current miserable and lowly status of the Marshall men's basketball program?  To me, it is more likely indicative that our Head Coach is totally clueless regarding his program and its many, many obvious flaws, deficiencies, and shortcomings!  That, or else Danny D. is way, way overdue for his current annual "VISION EXAM"!
    « Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 04:40:14 PM by coalherd »

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline HerdinNT

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 04:41:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Landon is the head PR man for DD and MU bb.  He couldnt write an honest article if it were written for him.

The following users thanked this post: herdtown, svherd, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2024, 05:00:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That doesn't mean they approve of the product on the floor. Most attend because they spent the money, and/or just wanna come to do something or get out of the house. The crowd last night was dead. Cleared out quick at halftime.
    I left with 4 minutes to go and I very, very seldom leave a Herd football or basketball game early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 06:27:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That doesn't mean they approve of the product on the floor. Most attend because they spent the money, and/or just wanna come to do something or get out of the house. The crowd last night was dead. Cleared out quick at halftime.

You might be correct, but approve/support is the impression those 4000 people give.  I guarantee you spears or smith aren't looking around wondering how many people that took the time to come out to the game are frustrated & which 1s are satisfied?  You assume everyone there is satisfied "enough" if they're taking the time to go.

Offline herdman22

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 06:43:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I left with 4 minutes to go and I very, very seldom leave a Herd football or basketball game early

I watched the women's game

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 06:43:20 PM »

Offline banker

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2024, 07:16:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Didn?t even realize we played last night. Man, 26 point loss at home. I didn?t know Houston was still in the conference.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, MicDrass1

Offline elginherd

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2024, 08:16:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Landon is the head PR man for DD and MU bb.  He couldnt write an honest article if it were written for him.

If you add "regarding DD", that is true.
    He has criticized Huff and Doc.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2024, 06:48:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Between Chuck and Dan, they are giving us hard working older adults a bad name and look.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb

Offline Herdadelphia

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2024, 02:09:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unrelated but Jason Williams was on the OGs Podcast last week and Mike Miller asked Jason if he was surprised he was taken 7th in the NBA draft after not even finishing the year at Florida. And Jasons response was "Yeah because nobody had seen me play besides Chuck Landon." To which of course Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem were like who???

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, chris88

Offline coalherd

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2024, 11:06:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unrelated but Jason Williams was on the OGs Podcast last week and Mike Miller asked Jason if he was surprised he was taken 7th in the NBA draft after not even finishing the year at Florida. And Jasons response was "Yeah because nobody had seen me play besides Chuck Landon." To which of course Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem were like who???

So we now know Chuck's true "15 seconds of fame"!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2024, 11:06:07 AM »