Author Topic: Killers  (Read 499 times)

Offline herd1990

Killers
« on: February 21, 2024, 07:57:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Taft, Pitts, Kane, Elmore, Burks, slay, Kinsey, Ryan Taylor, Jeff Battle.  Guys who had an attitude, and a Jordan-esque type competitiveness.  This team has NONE of that.  Softer than baby 💩.  All Dan's guys.
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 08:14:42 PM by herd1990 »

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, miltonherdfan, coalherd, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

Killers
    « on: February 21, 2024, 07:57:52 PM »

Offline herdman22

Re: Killers
    « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 09:09:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Taft, Pitts, Kane, Elmore, Burks, slay, Kinsey, Ryan Taylor, Jeff Battle.  Guys who had an attitude, and a Jordan-esque type competitiveness.  This team has NONE of that.  Softer than baby .  All Dan's guys.
    I get your point, but Elmore, Burks, and Kinsey were Dan's guys.

I would add White, Labo, Ervin, Evans, Wade, Skip, Holden to your list. I'm sure there are many others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Herd72

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 09:29:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • May I add Jim Davidson ... if anyone is old enough to remember a certain MAC game.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Flat Tire 2

Offline herdman22

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 11:08:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Labo played in today's game there would be bodies laying all over the floor, and not just Herd players, every team.

Offline herd1990

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 11:39:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I get your point, but Elmore, Burks, and Kinsey were Dan's guys.

I would add White, Labo, Ervin, Evans, Wade, Skip, Holden to your list. I'm sure there are many others.

My point was this team has zero of them.  I know DD got Burks, Jon and TK.  But this current team he has assembled is the least tough group I've ever seen in Green and White.

Offline herdman22

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 11:59:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My point was this team has zero of them.  I know DD got Burks, Jon and TK.  But this current team he has assembled is the least tough group I've ever seen in Green and White.
    I agree with that

The following users thanked this post: herd1990

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 01:22:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • May I add Jim Davidson ... if anyone is old enough to remember a certain MAC game.

Yes. Would DD recruit a Jim Davidson for his team today even though he loves telling stories about his old teammates? Jim wasn't exactly a choir boy in his high school days.
    Also would he have recruited a J. R. VanHoose (whose three official visits were Marshall, Notre Dame, and Vanderbilt), Tamar Slay or Travis Young. Greg White and his staff lived on the road recruiting those players as Greg learned recruiting from little Stu and worked very hard recruiting players to the Herd. Landing transfer Ronald Blackshear from Temple was a recruiting gem with Blackshear being a top forty recruit and hjad a ton of transfer offers.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Flat Tire 2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2024, 07:49:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes. Would DD recruit a Jim Davidson for his team today even though he loves telling stories about his old teammates? Jim wasn't exactly a choir boy in his high school days.
    Also would he have recruited a J. R. VanHoose (whose three official visits were Marshall, Notre Dame, and Vanderbilt), Tamar Slay or Travis Young. Greg White and his staff lived on the road recruiting those players as Greg learned recruiting from little Stu and worked very hard recruiting players to the Herd. Landing transfer Ronald Blackshear from Temple was a recruiting gem with Blackshear being a top forty recruit and hjad a ton of transfer offers.

Dan in the post game video said our two foreign players were great students and cheerleaders for the soccer team beating the drum at the matches. I would rather we have players that contribute more than be cheerleaders for other sports. That says it all about Dan's recruiting.

Dan would never recruit a player like Jim; who by the way became a teacher at Logan. That is an example of a coach helping a player to become a better person.
    « Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 07:56:09 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 08:27:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They have a killer on the bench. His name ends with Dantoni...he has singlehandedly killed Marshall basketball, and has set the program back 5+ years

The following users thanked this post: Rockin Herd Fan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 08:27:02 AM »