Author Topic: HERD MBB: What I expect this week  (Read 294 times)

Offline parshall2marshall

HERD MBB: What I expect this week
« on: February 21, 2024, 01:21:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Basically a split vs. 2 teams far better on paper. I actually expect a little bit of a home court advantage. But not to the level of the thuggery on display in the first half at Troy. I have never seen a Herd team do that to an opponent, and not the character of Danny's teams.

We're under-manned and under-coached, but this team shows no signs of quitting. It would be smarter of the league office not to "show up" Danny any more than they already so far have in our SBC seasons - they've got a good thing going what with his lack of ability to field competitive teams so why risk rubbing it in to the point of getting him fired. Throw a bone to Marshall and let us have our WBB championship.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

HerdFans.com

HERD MBB: What I expect this week
    « on: February 21, 2024, 01:21:19 PM »

Online herdorbust2

Re: HERD MBB: What I expect this week
    « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 01:50:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Basically a split vs. 2 teams far better on paper. I actually expect a little bit of a home court advantage. But not to the level of the thuggery on display in the first half at Troy. I have never seen a Herd team do that to an opponent, and not the character of Danny's teams.

We're under-manned and under-coached, but this team shows no signs of quitting. It would be smarter of the league office not to "show up" Danny any more than they already so far have in our SBC seasons - they've got a good thing going what with his lack of ability to field competitive teams so why risk rubbing it in to the point of getting him fired. Throw a bone to Marshall and let us have our WBB championship.

I could see us splitting the 2 home games and then splitting the 2 road games. Then lose in first or second game of tournament. But I could see us losing both home games also. I figure 14-17 is the best we do before tournament. That would be 13-17 against D1 competition. This team like you said doesn't quit but they just aren't very good. They have to be shooting lights out to win because if they aren't, they are really bad.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 03:02:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I expect us to finish no better than 1-3 in the last four games. I think the one win will come on the road, although I thought we could take care of Coastal on the road and I was wrong. Truthfully, the season can't end soon enough. Personally, it has been a rough time since April 2023 for me. I was hoping we would have a mens team that would prove the critics wrong.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 04:00:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This team might just win the 2 home games and spit the road games.  I realized MU has about 3500 fans that are over 70 and are OK with our team and Dan.  He reminds them of when they were young.

Crowds around 5000 for both games.  I also think that this team may hit some shots and win a couple in the tournament.  Doesn't mean we are any good just means that Nono e really stands out in the conference.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 04:07:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This team might just win the 2 home games and spit the road games.  I realized MU has about 3500 fans that are over 70 and are OK with our team and Dan.  He reminds them of when they were young.

Crowds around 5000 for both games.  I also think that this team may hit some shots and win a couple in the tournament.  Doesn't mean we are any good just means that Nono e really stands out in the conference.

I am in my 50's and feel like a spring chicken inside the Henderson Center. Everybody that sits around me has to be pushing 70 or better.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 04:16:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I am in my 50's and feel like a spring chicken inside the Henderson Center. Everybody that sits around me has to be pushing 70 or better.

That is why they better take it serious. 10 more years of this kind of basketball and the Cam will look like a ghost town. Program needs youth, energy, recruiting and a winning mentality to grow some younger fans.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 04:20:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • expect 2 losses and Dantoni to announce his farewell tour next season which puts the basketball program and recruiting further behind than we already are.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 04:35:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Math says we have a 1.6% chance of winning both. Even then, it wouldn't do a damn bit of good. Would almost feel bad for hurting JMU's chances of an at-large.

Offline whf

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 04:39:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Honestly, I don't see see another win this year. While DD is blaming everything on individuals' performances, I think the ball movement and decision making of the players is gone; no idea what to do with it and just looking for launch something late in the possession if a drive to the basket isn't available early.  It's a shame, but that is how I see it. As always, I HOPE to be proven entirely, and embarrassing wrong.

Offline svherd

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 04:40:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Agree 100%. They are there to see and be seen. Talk a little, visit with friends, watch some b'ball and get out of the house, Woodlands, etc. They don't care about the W's. I don't blame them to a degree.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2024, 04:42:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Honestly, I don't see see another win this year. While DD is blaming everything on individuals' performances, I think the ball movement and decision making of the players is gone; no idea what to do with it and just looking for launch something late in the possession if a drive to the basket isn't available early.  It's a shame, but that is how I see it. As always, I HOPE to be proven entirely, and embarrassing wrong.
    Actually, your assessment of play is spot on, at least the last few games I attended (don't have ESPN+). It's almost as if the team has quit.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2024, 04:42:17 PM »