Author Topic: Good read on the landscape of current college football coaches  (Read 357 times)

Offline ru4mu2

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman

HerdFans.com

Good read on the landscape of current college football coaches
« on: February 20, 2024, 08:15:44 AM »

Offline MUonium

Re: Good read on the landscape of current college football coaches
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 12:02:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it's like a nightmare.  your're at a crossroads that's going to take years to get through but you have somewhere you desperately need to get to.  everything is in super slow motion and there's a monster coming up behind you.  many others are there too, and they're also clawing and scrapeing to get through.

basically, it's like the rest of life's worst parts- wanting what your neighbors have and the willingness to do whatever it takes to get it, to come out on top of the pile, all else be damned. 

some on here have gone as far as saying they are almost done with sports, in general.  let that sink in for a moment- we're talking about Americans who were absorbed with many sports either as a fan or a player from a very young age, some participating through college and beyond.  first, it might have been leaving pro sports then it snowballed from there to varying degrees and for varying reasons.

ok, change is always happening and inevitable but THIS is way beyond cozy day dreams

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 03:49:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wholeheartedly agree with this quote from the Toledo AD:  ?When I talk to our fans, I don?t hear a whole lot about, ?Remember that time we won a MAC title!?? Blair said. ?I hear, ?Remember that time we beat Michigan or Penn State or Arkansas!'  "Hope is one of the most incredible things this country has to offer,? he continues. ?Toppling Goliath is what makes college football and college basketball special. That to me is what this country is all about.?

Let's topple Ohio State in September!

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 09:34:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great read

Online HerdEcon

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 10:47:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With the HC spending more time fundraising for NIL and less time overseeing what the coordinators and assistants are teaching, the importance of hiring the best coordinators and, to a slightly lesser extent, assistant coaches just took a big jump. 

If I have this straight, colleges are paying HC big salaries to spend less time coaching and spend more time fundraising so college athletes (not the university) can make more money.  HC are essentially becoming the players taxpayer and charitable organization funded sports agent.  Sounds like a great deal for the players.

We continue to watch the slow, painful death of college athletics.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, mu79grad

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 10:47:23 AM »