Author Topic: Kim Caldwell Weekly Press Conference (Texas State/ULM Week)  (Read 370 times)

Online GoHerd35

Kim Caldwell Weekly Press Conference (Texas State/ULM Week)
« on: February 19, 2024, 07:45:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

Kim Caldwell Weekly Press Conference (Texas State/ULM Week)
    « on: February 19, 2024, 07:45:34 PM »

Offline parshall2marshall

Hypothetically speaking
    « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 08:59:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A lot of basketball left but I had to ask.

Say we win out counting the SBC tnmt. We'd be at 25-6 having won 17 out of 18.

Anyone want to weigh in as to if we could reasonably expect to get a #13 seed ? I think there might be 1 or 2 of the 4-seeds we might be able to defeat. But it will definitely be tough. Last I looked, ND was 13th in the polls. For example. if one examines Ball State, last I looked they had only lost to ND ( by 27 or 30 ), UCONN ( by 27 or 30 ) , and a real close game with Toledo. I think their NET is in the 70's. Before this past road trip or maybe after the win at Appy we were only 96th in NET.

I'm just hoping for a 13-seed and a fairly officiated 1st round NCAA tnmt game. If our opponent shoots 40 FT's obviously we will not win.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 09:10:36 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Online GoHerd35

Re: Hypothetically speaking
    « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 09:19:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Anyone want to weigh in as to if we could reasonably expect to get a #13 seed ? I think there might be 1 or 2 of the 4-seeds we might be able to defeat. But it will definitely be tough. Last I looked, ND was 13th in the polls. For example. if one examines Ball State, last I looked they had only lost to ND ( by 27 or 30 ), UCONN ( by 27 or 30 ) , and a real close game with Toledo. I think their NET is in the 70's. Before this past road trip or maybe after the win at Appy we were only 96th in NET.

I'm just hoping for a 13-seed and a fairly officiated 1st round NCAA tnmt game. If our opponent shoots 40 FT's obviously we will not win.

The latest Bracketology's for the women's tournament has had us consistently on the 13/14 line. A couple weeks ago we were on the road as a 13 in Storrs, CT to play UCONN and the latest update has us as a 14 seed in Blacksburg against the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online Flat Tire 2

Re: Kim Caldwell Weekly Press Conference (Texas State/ULM Week)
    « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 09:33:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard the Kim's comment correctly, she said the team had a 9 hour bus ride from the GWU game to the Chattanooga game. Why did this happen?

Can you image if Dan had to do this? I bet Dan would have an entire press conference complaining about that.
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 09:59:39 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online herd2win

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 10:28:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She is a winner.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, luckytoes99, herdorbust2

Online chris88

Re: Hypothetically speaking
    « Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 12:26:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Tough to predict because some of the seedings will be done with geography in mind.  Last I checked there were 10-11 teams in first place in non power conferences with worse NET ratings.  We are 95 as of now.  If we win out We could easily be in the low 80's at end of year. That to me would get us a 13th seed or even maybe a 12. Some projections have us as bad as 15th seed. I just don't see it as SBC much better than many other non power school leagues. A 12 seed would theoretically get you a team in the 17-20 range.  Those are teams I think we could generally play with most nights. Playing a top 16 squad would be very tough.  I wouldn't be afraid to play anyone in the 50-100 NET range. I watched Gonzaga, WVU, and MTSU women last weekend and they all seem to have size and skill advantages over us at every position except guard but Kim's system is a wild card especially if we could somehow hold our own on the boards.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Online GoHerd35

Online chris88

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 08:26:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://x.com/neil_harrow/status/1759711390695145936?s=46

I remember JMU's coach speaking of her earlier this season after MU beat them. In my head at the time, I said I hope she doesn't end up at JMU because she knows all of our systems, drills etc. My questions is since she is a SR and was released by Marshall does she become immediately eligible or will she try and get another year?
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2024, 08:53:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is from the Daily News Record:  "Scott has played five seasons of college basketball and will need approval from the NCAA to play for the Dukes next season. (JMU Coach) O?Regan said he expects it to be granted as Marshall is supporting Scott?s request for a medical hardship waiver."

So, Marshall is supporting Scott's request.  That seems like a magnanimous gesture on Marshall's part.

Here is the full article: https://www.dnronline.com/sun_belt_extra/dukes-add-transfer-guard-scott-from-marshall/article_cedf16c7-3687-505f-98ca-d75333ba613a.html 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2024, 08:53:36 AM »