Author Topic: Baseball SRO tickets now available for opening day/WVU game etc  (Read 1134 times)

Offline GreenBison

Re: Baseball SRO tickets now available for opening day/WVU game etc
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2024, 10:42:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just doing a little investigating on some of our other conference members and their current ticket prices. ODU offers a $5 GA ticket, Southern Miss looks like they're also doing the Seat Geek route but tickets are as low as $6 depending on the game for their GA, Coastal runs between $15-20 for all of their tickets. All 3 of those programs are at the top of our conference and 2 of them are consistently nationally relevant. I think our athletic department should have been looking to copy them on their prices. They all have amazing atmospheres and I think its because they are affordable. Home field advantage could be huge for this team. Southern miss is probably the most rowdy crowd in the conference and it makes a difference.

And Coastal has recently won the College World Series.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2024, 10:42:11 AM »

Online svherd

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2024, 10:57:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Would be nice if we put in a section of bleachers for a family section and charge $5 per person

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan

Offline puma

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2024, 11:17:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I haven't been down there in awhile, is there a berm or anything like that to sit on for the standing room only section?

Offline herdnon

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2024, 12:45:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I got SRO tickets for Fri's game and planning to bring a lawn chair and blankets with me in case we can sit on the grass near the outfield.  Not sure yet if they will allow that, and if so, if they will allow a lawn chair or just blankets.

The following users thanked this post: puma

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2024, 12:57:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Would be nice if we put in a section of bleachers for a family section and charge $5 per person

I am familiar with several southern schools who have a 3rd base section deemed: family fun zones...a heavily discounted annual pass that includes 4 tickets....

Just sharing an idea that has worked for others...

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2024, 01:55:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I got SRO tickets for Fri's game and planning to bring a lawn chair and blankets with me in case we can sit on the grass near the outfield.  Not sure yet if they will allow that, and if so, if they will allow a lawn chair or just blankets.

Until some idiots stand up in front of you at the fence.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline puma

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2024, 02:12:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On the subject on the WVU game, I just got an email from the VA earlier today. There will be an open football practice for veterans on April 10th at 4:15. The WVU baseball game is at 6pm. It could make for a nice afternoon and evening if the weather is decent.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Online chris88

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2024, 08:08:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was under the impression that whatever is in Seatgeek are resales (season ticket holders reselling their seats)?  I do see some season ticket seats still available from Herdzone.  I assume that instead of selling these seats as single tickets in Herdzone, Marshall is still holding out for more season ticket sales, but didn't think they are selling single game tickets directly in Seatgeek?  And the pricing in Seatgeek would be driven by market demand as opposed to being dictated by Marshall?

Not for sure, but I think they did it the way they did VT football tix: Seat Geek purchased many reserve seats from Marshall at a discounted price so MU would have assured revenue. SG can then sell those tix for whatever they choose but ultimately the price will be based on supply and demand. Someone else would probably know for sure.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline whf

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2024, 08:51:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not for sure, but I think they did it the way they did VT football tix: Seat Geek purchased many reserve seats from Marshall at a discounted price so MU would have assured revenue. SG can then sell those tix for whatever they choose but ultimately the price will be based on supply and demand. Someone else would probably know for sure.
    I did a bit of research this AM about SeatGeek and universities, I think they are now partners with well over 100 universities, including many P5 programs like Wisconsin, USC, etc.  I could not confirm how their pricing works, but I think that they start with an algorithm that takes into consideration their fee for the tickets purchase per game and the price that will , with anticipated number of sales for that purchase, recoup their cost with some profit.  The prices then begin to drop when the tickets aren't selling; and I'd bet the algorithm also tells them, based on time remaining and tickets remaining, what the pricing offering each day should be.

Offline MUther

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2024, 03:20:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One thing is certain, if we're going to be losing a lot of games 15-3 there isn't going to be much demand for tickets at all.  We have an indoor facility for practice and it was near 70 degrees last week, anyway.  No reason not to be more ready than that.  If we can't recruit, with a brand new field, guys that can play baseball, then this coach should also be shown the door.  It's CoC not some SEC powerhouse.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2024, 03:56:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One thing is certain, if we're going to be losing a lot of games 15-3 there isn't going to be much demand for tickets at all.  We have an indoor facility for practice and it was near 70 degrees last week, anyway.  No reason not to be more ready than that.  If we can't recruit, with a brand new field, guys that can play baseball, then this coach should also be shown the door.  It's CoC not some SEC powerhouse.

Lol, pretty harsh for game 1 of year 1. And Charleston was better than about 75% of teams last year.

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2024, 04:30:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This Seat Geek thing is going to run off many fans, I can tell you personally that I refuse to buy a single game ticket through that route. I've purchased a brick at a somewhat substantial price, but I'll miss the games before I've railroaded into this process and asked to pay prices that are above my fees to attend Cincinnati Red's games.  Just plain supporter theft IMHO'; and I hope the most of us will take the same approach. I don't mind being the lead on this effort because I've given way too much, over the years, to see youth and mid-income folks eliminated from attending MU games or any sort.
    Seat Geek is like Ticketmaster...a rip off. MU should have the ticket office open and sell these tickets. I agree. I refuse to pay all of the fees that are ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2024, 04:30:46 PM »

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2024, 04:34:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is bad business!
    It's not just bad busy, but also the lazy way for the athletic department to do business.

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2024, 08:39:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So I just looked at the SeatGeek site that Marshall recommends you buy reserved seats from. The cheapest ticket they are pushing for the opening game is $121 a piece when you include the enormous $34 fee. A grand total of $242 for two tickets to the Friday March 1st 3PM game...LOL

Online svherd

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2024, 07:00:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seatgeek may be good for Marshall but it won't help bring in new fans or keep them. Be interesting to see how much our fan base shrinks in the next 10 years or so.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MUther

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2024, 07:41:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol, pretty harsh for game 1 of year 1. And Charleston was better than about 75% of teams last year.

15-3.  Had it been 6-2 or something along those lines I wouldn't even have commented. 
    And yesterday 5-0 shutout.  That's game 2.  Why is it year 1?  Coach was here last year.  Players were here last year.  They aren't playing on the new field yet.  He's had over a full year to use the stadium as a recruiting tool to get his guys here.  I don't expect them to beat CoC but I expect them to compete.  That's all I'm looking for.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2024, 01:27:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seatgeek may be good for Marshall but it won't help bring in new fans or keep them. Be interesting to see how much our fan base shrinks in the next 10 years or so.
    Yes since we haven't had a field ever and games have been minimally attended, ticket prices at a new field will cause our fan base to shrink.  Makes sense.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2024, 01:27:31 PM »