Author Topic: Matthew Bell  (Read 830 times)

Offline Jbabbington

Matthew Bell
« on: February 13, 2024, 09:49:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He has removed "RSL" from his Instagram bio, and changed his profile picture from him practicing with RSL. He also has removed all posts indicating that he was drafted..

Interesting.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, parshall2marshall, svherd, jsbowen

HerdFans.com

Matthew Bell
    « on: February 13, 2024, 09:49:08 PM »

Offline svherd

Re: Matthew Bell
    « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 06:10:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Interesting. Can he come back?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline jsbowen

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 10:47:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I meant to post this earlier but RSL announced Bell's signing last week.  Looks like he could play in the Spring League, but is gone after that.  We'll know for sure this Sunday if he's playing in the Spring League.

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 10:50:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I meant to post this earlier but RSL announced Bell's signing last week.  Looks like he could play in the Spring League, but is gone after that.  We'll know for sure this Sunday if he's playing in the Spring League.

Why would he take a roster spot in the spring from a player that needs the development for fall? 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline elginherd

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 11:10:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why would he take a roster spot in the spring from a player that needs the development for fall?

Coach Grassie comes from a culture that values trophies from all competitions, regardless of what competition it is. So possibly Bell plays because it gives the Herd a better opportunity to collect more hardware.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline chris88

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 12:11:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rules allow for players who leaving or used up eligibility to play in Spring as long as enrolled in school...at least that is my understanding.  Bell is on roster along with other players like Duggan, Okiyoshi, etc. Other part is most of the transfers and new signees will not be a part so you have a more complete roster. I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong.  BTW, are any of these spring games on TV.  First one is this Sunday but see nothing about TV for any of the games. In past at least some were on the tube.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

Offline jsbowen

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 02:28:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BTW, are any of these spring games on TV.  First one is this Sunday but see nothing about TV for any of the games. In past at least some were on the tube.

The Spring League has not been televised previously.  The year Marshall won it, the championship game was on someone's Facebook live from a phone in the pressbox.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 02:28:16 PM »