Author Topic: WVU soccer to cusa...  (Read 1691 times)

Offline 2xBison

WVU soccer to cusa...
« on: June 14, 2021, 01:05:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • in 2022.

who was the person on here recently explaining that they would never be in cusa in soccer?  take one step forward please.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: svherd, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

WVU soccer to cusa...
    « on: June 14, 2021, 01:05:30 PM »

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    Re: WVU soccer to cusa...
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 01:12:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is this a good thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 01:18:02 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quick, somebody check to see if the Ohio River is froze over. :D

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline svherd

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 01:24:17 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wow, never thought I would see that. I guess they want to be associated with a national caliber program.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 01:31:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is this a good thing?

This is going to sound contradictory, but yes. While I feel we are better without WVU in football and basketball, primarily because we should not bow to their wishes on anything. Soccer is different, it is clear we are investing the money in the sport and WVU is on equal footing with us (same conference so we did not concede anything). As a result having home games with WVU, UK, South Carolina, and UNCC will do nothing but help sale tickets and continue the growth of our soccer fan base.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, luckytoes99

Offline marshall fanatic

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 01:32:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• This is going to sound contradictory, but yes. While I feel we are better without WVU in football and basketball, primarily because we should not bow to their wishes on anything. Soccer is different, it is clear we are investing the money in the sport and WVU is on equal footing with us (same conference so we did not concede anything). As a result having home games with WVU, UK, South Carolina, and UNCC will do nothing but help sale tickets and continue the growth of our soccer fan base.
    I agree with that assessment but my issue is with the state. Yes we have won a National Title and should receive more funding from the state but that money will go to WVU now.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 01:42:28 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with that assessment but my issue is with the state. Yes we have won a National Title and should receive more funding from the state but that money will go to WVU now.

The only way we are going to change that is build a strong legislative block who understand the importance of Marshall to south western WV. Right now the only legislatures fighting for Marshall are from Cabell/Wayne Counties. We need to get back to when Mingo, Logan, Putnam, Boone, Kanawha, Lincoln, and Mason Counties joined Cabell/Wayne in fighting for Marshall and the area. This should be the priority of EVERY voter in this part of the state even if you are a WVU fan. WVU does nothing for this part of the state, but damn sure brings the jobs home to the northern part of the state.

Sorry for getting off topic.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, svherd

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 01:45:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It will be great to hear how some of the wvu lunatic fringe fans will spin this development.  I wonder if there is a suicide watch in Morgantown.
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 01:49:47 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: svherd, The E-Man

Offline elginherd

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 02:04:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It will be great to hear how some of the wvu lunatic fringe fans will spin this development.  I wonder if there is a suicide watch in Morgantown.

Just put a few old couches out at the base of the Engineering Sciences Building and tell a bunch that they can safely jump from the top.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline coalherd

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 02:47:05 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Always glad when MU can help "little brother" elevate their game!!!!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, svherd, chris88, The E-Man

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 02:59:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am hoping we can get a series with Ohio State now that we have Uk and wvu. That would generate additional interest among the local Tri-State fans.

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 03:10:06 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe our new AD will be able to forge some kinship with the AD's of UK, SC and WVU?  If so could that lead to better scheduling with these schools in other sports down the road. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 03:10:06 PM »

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #12 on: June 14, 2021, 03:15:23 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]-1
  • Wow, never thought I would see that. I guess they want to be associated with a national caliber program.

100%

F those losers. Looking forward to pile driving them

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, Big City, parshall2marshall, svherd, The E-Man

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2021, 05:18:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My WVU friend was saying something about a MAC team that wouldn't play them at end of season and it caused them to not be eligible for the tournament. That made them mad enough to ditch the MAC. No idea if that's accurate, but what I heard.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2021, 05:44:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My WVU friend was saying something about a MAC team that wouldn't play them at end of season and it caused them to not be eligible for the tournament. That made them mad enough to ditch the MAC. No idea if that's accurate, but what I heard.

Here's the Mountaineer's side of that incident...

https://wvmetronews.com/2021/04/16/late-cancellation-denies-wvu-shot-to-win-the-mac-possibly-ncaa-spot-as-well/

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2021, 05:52:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Funny, I used to work for SIU-Edwardsville.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline MUther

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2021, 06:46:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • 100%

F those losers. Looking forward to pile driving them

Go Herd!

You guys are aware they beat us last year?   ::)  I don't care if we play them or not but if we do I am tired of losing to them in anything and that is the norm.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2021, 07:12:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys are aware they beat us last year?   ::)  I don't care if we play them or not but if we do I am tired of losing to them in anything and that is the norm.

We're national champions and that's all that matters! In case you forgot, we beat the eerdiots in 2019  to knock them out of the NCAA tournament.

NCAA TOURNAMENT

MARSHALL UNIVERSITY
    NOV 24 (SUN) 2:00 PM
    VS
    WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY
    HUNTINGTON, W.VA. HOOPS FAMILY FIELD
    TV: ESPN3 WITH JAKE GRIFFITH RADIO: WMUL
    W, 2-1
    BOX SCORE RECAP HISTORY
    Hide/Show Additional Information For West Virginia University - November 24, 2019
    Score By Period

Team   1   2   F
    West Virginia 1   0   1

Marshall       2   0   2

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 07:13:58 PM by The E-Man »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, Flat Tire 2

Offline herdman22

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2021, 07:14:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They are a good addition but the best addition coming in its Coastal Carolina.

This has been a good soccer league already and it's getting stronger.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline MUther

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2021, 07:23:10 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • We're national champions and that's all that matters! In case you forgot, we beat the eerdiots in 2019  to knock them out of the NCAA tournament.

NCAA TOURNAMENT

MARSHALL UNIVERSITY
    NOV 24 (SUN) 2:00 PM
    VS
    WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY
    HUNTINGTON, W.VA. HOOPS FAMILY FIELD
    TV: ESPN3 WITH JAKE GRIFFITH RADIO: WMUL
    W, 2-1
    BOX SCORE RECAP HISTORY
    Hide/Show Additional Information For West Virginia University - November 24, 2019
    Score By Period

Team   1   2   F
    West Virginia 1   0   1

Marshall       2   0   2

Didn't forget anything.  Changes nothing about what I said.  They still beat us in our best year so far.  I was referring to the "we'll kick their ass" type posts.  I hope so.  Like I said I'm tired of losing to them in anything.  If we have to play them we better beat them.  Especially in conference.  If they'd been in CUSA last year they likely would have won it with wins over us and Charlotte.

We went thru hell, beat the best teams in the country, and won a national championship.  And those mfers still get to say they beat Marshall and they beat the national champions.  And that irks me to no end.  Almost to the point that I'd rather beat them than all the rest of it...almost.  But I hate them that much.  I realize some don't.
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 07:29:16 PM by MUther »

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, The E-Man

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2021, 07:34:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I truly hate to hear this news?
    Anytime MU has to belong to anything that includes WVU, historically has been bad news for MU?

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2021, 07:45:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Baylor won the National Championship in basketball and they lost two games during the regular season, it happens. Baylor is still the champion because they won when it counted. wvu was not invited to the soccer tournament.  MU won when it counted and won the National Championship. MU beat the Number 1 seed and defending national champion on the way to the title. Marshall had probably the most difficult path to the National Championship. That is all that matters. End of story.

My degree is from Marshall and I am proud of it. I am not going to let anyone diminish our accomplishment. The first time we won the 1-AA National Championship we lost to WCU; Appy State and Missouri; should we not be happy about that National Championship? I guess some posters might think otherwise?

wvu is in for a rude awaking when they start play in CUSA. CUSA Soccer > MAC Soccer. I wouldn't surprised to see wvu leave CUSA soccer after a few season, they will get tired of losing to Marshall.
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 08:55:04 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2021, 07:45:07 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2021, 07:58:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Only if they are willing to help us get in to the Big 12 or actually schedule us home-home in football.

This is good for CUSA, but it?s hard for me to put my personal feelings to the side on this.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: whf, MUther

Offline herd1986

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2021, 10:26:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I truly hate to hear this news?
    Anytime MU has to belong to anything that includes WVU, historically has been bad news for MU?
    Agreed.  I see this as an attempt to benefit themselves at Marshall?s expense. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2021, 11:11:37 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • How many National Championships does WVU have?
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2021, 11:11:37 PM »