Author Topic: MU FB bowling auction?I thought everyone was excited?  (Read 1300 times)

Offline elginherd

Re: MU FB bowling auction?I thought everyone was excited?
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 07:22:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's the deal, IMO:
    This type of promotion would absolutely kill at many SEC, Big 10, & Big 12 programs AND some of the AAC schools at this price point.

Here, the price point is too high for the Huntington market.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 07:22:51 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 08:45:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's the deal, IMO:
    This type of promotion would absolutely kill at many SEC, Big 10, & Big 12 programs AND some of the AAC schools at this price point.

Here, the price point is too high for the Huntington market.

That's not true. This is the first time they have ever done this. No offense, but some of the former players aren't THAT big of a deal. This was and has been very poorly promoted to say the least. It hasn't been on local news or in the local paper, etc.

Put Randy Moss and Byron Leftwich on there and they would be getting the same if not higher bids than Chad Pennington is currently getting.

When did/does it end? Website currently says no auctions available? I was considering getting some friends together and doing this. It takes some time for people to decide if they want to do this. I heard about it 3 days ago from this site and its already over?
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 09:39:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ended tonight.  I bet you could call the BG tomorrow am and pick up one of the ones with no bids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2021, 07:10:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• That's not true. This is the first time they have ever done this. No offense, but some of the former players aren't THAT big of a deal. This was and has been very poorly promoted to say the least. It hasn't been on local news or in the local paper, etc.

Put Randy Moss and Byron Leftwich on there and they would be getting the same if not higher bids than Chad Pennington is currently getting.

When did/does it end? Website currently says no auctions available? I was considering getting some friends together and doing this. It takes some time for people to decide if they want to do this. I heard about it 3 days ago from this site and its already over?

There was a clock on each person's team that showed how much time was left in the auction, pretty much SOP for on line auctions.  If you were on the site three days ago, the clock was there and you saw it.  You may not have known or understood what it meant, but that was on you.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2021, 02:31:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There was a clock on each person's team that showed how much time was left in the auction, pretty much SOP for on line auctions.  If you were on the site three days ago, the clock was there and you saw it.  You may not have known or understood what it meant, but that was on you.

LOL...I understand how it works. My whole point was that this thing was POORLY promoted (as usual). I only found out about it 3 days ago. Maybe some of you are not busy in life, I'm not sure. I know for me it would take a day just to decide if I could or would want to do something like this. Then another day or so to let friends/family know about the event to see if they want to participate etc.

This was actually a pretty cool event imo. The lack of bids falls squarely on to the shoulders of the poor marketing from the AD, which is nothing new.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2021, 02:31:58 PM »