Author Topic: #25 in Coaches Poll  (Read 729 times)

Offline IM4DHERD

#25 in Coaches Poll
« on: October 18, 2020, 12:41:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coastal, who beat then #21 ULL and earlier beat Kansas, is at 24.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/amway-coaches-poll/
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, biggreenarms, ru4mu2

HerdFans.com

#25 in Coaches Poll
    « on: October 18, 2020, 12:41:04 PM »

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

Re: #25 in Coaches Poll
    « Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 12:46:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coastal, who beat then #21 ULL and earlier beat Kansas, is at 24.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/polls/amway-coaches-poll/

We have over twice the votes of unranked wvu. All is well in Herdville.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, ThunderValley, Buffalo Bop, The E-Man, coalherd

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 12:48:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 7 teams in that have yet to play a game.
    One of these teams are guaranteed to lose this weekend Michigan and Minnesota play Saturday.
    The FAU game needs happen this weekend.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, The E-Man

Offline Big City

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 12:50:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And for the record I’d take Marshall by 10 on the road against coastal.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: whf, ThunderValley, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 12:50:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 7 teams in that have yet to play a game.
    One of these teams are guaranteed to lose this weekend Michigan and Minnesota play Saturday.
    The FAU game needs happen this weekend.

And how the hell does FCS Maine (who hasn't and probably won't play a game) get 3 votes in the Coaches Poll??

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 12:51:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We should be a little higher than that in the AP but at least we will legitimately ranked for the first time since 2014.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 12:54:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And for the record I’d take Marshall by 10 on the road against coastal.
    I think that is what the odds would be. I still think once they begin playing App State will win the conference, they certainly have the best talent. I disagree that beating Louisiana warrants the movement Coastal Carolina received.
    « Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:56:57 PM by herdfifteen »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 01:07:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's great. Can't wait to see where we are ranked in the AP poll.

Just keep winning and everything else will take care of its self.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #8 on: October 18, 2020, 01:14:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is wonderful to get some pub, but being in the final poll is the real mark of a team's achievement.

Super happy to break in at #25, though.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2020, 01:34:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can see where CCU would be ranked higher than tjhe Herd. Wins over both a top 25 & a P5 are a more impressive resume than ours. I do agree that the Herd would be -9.5 over Coastal if the game would somehow be scheduled.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2020, 01:53:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For the record, all we have to do is keep winning and everything else will fall into place. ESPN is marketing Coastal Carolina and it's good attention they're getting. I can guarantee you, Kentucky, and Oklahoma are better than C.C. Voting is all about exposure and the now. UK and Okla are top 20 teams , IMO.

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 01:58:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is wonderful to get some pub, but being in the final poll is the real mark of a team's achievement.

Super happy to break in at #25, though.

I agree it feels great! Just when we were counting Doc out, he's surprised me to be honest. Doc has done an outstanding job letting his coaches coach and having swagger that I haven't seen before, like going for it on 4 and 1 a few times. Also, handling the players, staff, etc concerning covid 19. Let's hope whatever Doc and Co are doing keeps everyone healthy and covid 19 free..

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, Herdmeister, coalherd, puma, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2020, 01:58:37 PM »

Offline IslandHerd1

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2020, 02:04:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • #22 in AP poll fellas

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline pdunn

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2020, 03:42:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And how the hell does FCS Maine (who hasn't and probably won't play a game) get 3 votes in the Coaches Poll??

I think the rules were changed when App St. beat Michigan to allow FCS schools to receive consideration for the coach's poll.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline coalherd

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2020, 04:10:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, let's hope these games fall in the Herd's favor:  Appy State plays Arkansas State this Thursday; UAB plays Louisiana (Lafayette) on Friday; and then on November 21st Appy goes to Coastal which may decide the East division in the Coastal.  Note that Appy is coming off of 3 straight OPEN dates, just like we had prior to the WKU game.

Herd needs to play, and beat FAU, then keep winning in the subsequent games.  Hopefully, those subsequent games will include a make up date at some point with Rice, and then, again hopefully, a game at ECU.  A 9-0 or 10-0 HERD going into CUSA Championship game has an argument, legitimate one, IMO, for the New Year's Six game slot.

Other things that certainly can help MU would be for BYU, no threat for the New Year's Six, to knock off Boise, if they play as currently scheduled.  Also, hope that SMU-Cincy-UCF- Houston, and others just keep knocking each other off in the American!!

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2020, 04:26:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, let's hope these games fall in the Herd's favor:  Appy State plays Arkansas State this Thursday; UAB plays Louisiana (Lafayette) on Friday; and then on November 21st Appy goes to Coastal which may decide the East division in the Coastal.  Note that Appy is coming off of 3 straight OPEN dates, just like we had prior to the WKU game.

Herd needs to play, and beat FAU, then keep winning in the subsequent games.  Hopefully, those subsequent games will include a make up date at some point with Rice, and then, again hopefully, a game at ECU.  A 9-0 or 10-0 HERD going into CUSA Championship game has an argument, legitimate one, IMO, for the New Year's Six game slot.

Other things that certainly can help MU would be for BYU, no threat for the New Year's Six, to knock off Boise, if they play as currently scheduled.  Also, hope that SMU-Cincy-UCF- Houston, and others just keep knocking each other off in the American!!
    Your last sentence is the most important. An undefeated or one loss Cincinnati gets the spot over an undefeated Marshall or FAU.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline coalherd

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2020, 05:22:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your last sentence is the most important. An undefeated or one loss Cincinnati gets the spot over an undefeated Marshall or FAU.

One other point, HM, and I think it is important too.  We need UAB to win out through the regular season and come into the Championship game with only one loss.  If we are unbeaten and the Blazers have only one loss, there's a chance that BOTH teams will be ranked when the championship game is play.  Important factor for the polls, media exposure, Title Game publicity, etc., etc.

Offline whf

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2020, 05:42:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It surely is a weird kind of year, but I honestly believe this Herd team is legitimate Top 25 team in any year.  Congrats to the entire program, and particularly the players (who are visibly serious about football and playing the game).

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man, herdfifteen

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2020, 05:57:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your last sentence is the most important. An undefeated or one loss Cincinnati gets the spot over an undefeated Marshall or FAU.

That is what I have always said. Sadly Marshall will never get that NY6 bowl spot. A 1 loss AAC team will always get it over an undefeated Herd. The deck is stacked sadly.

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2020, 06:52:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  Al Davis of the Raiders use to say, "just win baby".
    « Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 07:03:25 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2020, 06:52:07 PM »