Author Topic: #2 Spring Valley beats #1 Capitol  (Read 580 times)

Offline herdorbust

#2 Spring Valley beats #1 Capitol
« on: September 28, 2018, 09:56:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 21-13.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

#2 Spring Valley beats #1 Capitol
    « on: September 28, 2018, 09:56:42 PM »

Offline herdorbust

Re: #2 Spring Valley beats #1 Capitol
    « Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:29:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Malashavic son plays at SV. He is unreal. He had a run tonight that was amazing. The kid has moves you just never see.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 06:28:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pardon my ignorance, but why is anyone other than Martinsburg #1? I feel like till they lose it’s hard to say anyone else is #1.. even though I’ve had it told Spring Valley thinks they’ve got it down how to beat them.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 07:48:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is a rating system in WV. Not done like college football where people vote. SV has accumulated more points so far and that makes them #1 right now. But agree Martinsburg is state champs until someone proves otherewise.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline svherd

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2018, 09:12:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is the best and deepest SV team in school history. Will it be enough, not sure.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is the best and deepest SV team in school history. Will it be enough, not sure.

I don't think I have ever seen a high school team that can completely change the way the offense looks from one series to the next. You can start off with Elliot at QB and run a more basic type offense. Then you bring in Will Adkins 6'5" 235 that can really throw the football. Then you move Malashivach to QB and run the wildcat or he can go under center. And that big offensive line just pounds you. You are correct, this is the best SV team they have ever had.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 01:25:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is a rating system in WV. Not done like college football where people vote. SV has accumulated more points so far and that makes them #1 right now. But agree Martinsburg is state champs until someone proves otherewise.

Thanks for that. I never paid real attention to that when I lived in WV.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 04:09:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You get 12 points for beating a AAA, 9 points for beating a AA and 6 points for beating a A. You get an additional point for every game they win (as long as they beat a team the same class or above them). For example SV got 9 points for beating Wayne and an additional point for every game they win thru out the year. So right now wayne has won 3+ the 9 =12 from them so far. They got from Capitol 12 + 5 (their wins) = 17 points. You add them all up and then divide it by how many games you played.
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:26:03 PM by herdorbust »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 05:20:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Believe both teams have some real D1 prospects, some underclassmen, on their squads.

Sure hope Doc and staff are trying to recruit some of this local talent and manage to land a share in Huntington over the next few seasons.  A Win-Win both on and OFF the field, IMO!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 05:20:36 PM »