Author Topic: Inexplicably, Marshall opens -5 over USM  (Read 612 times)

Offline pdunn

Inexplicably, Marshall opens -5 over USM
« on: November 20, 2017, 12:39:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who thinks that's gonna hold?
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

HerdFans.com

Inexplicably, Marshall opens -5 over USM
    « on: November 20, 2017, 12:39:49 AM »

Offline Scottyo614

Re: Inexplicably, Marshall opens -5 over USM
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 07:35:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Honestly I think it’s fair. Pdunn I’m sure you probably know this, but for others, When USM played Tennessee the UT front 7 did whatever they wanted to them. Their front 7 has been average to below all year even in games to UMASS and Indiana St. what worries me is they have big WRs and they do like throwing the 50/50 ball. If we keep safety help over the top we’re fine. If they fly in trying to make a play in the run then it could be a long day. A lot will depend on gameplan, but i think we can stop the run and get to the QB. This is a good matchup for us.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, ed swain

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 08:40:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds right to me. I think they're roughly equal to UTSA so it makes sense after accounting for home field.

Online svherd

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 08:42:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • We win this game by 2 TD's. Senior day, players are circling the wagons against the evil fan base and Legg pulls out all the stops in his playbook to show Hamrick and Gilbert he needs to stay another year so we can win the league in 2018.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 09:17:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who thinks that's gonna hold?

Went to -4 quickly
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 09:31:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • S. Miss is rushing the ball very well right now.  Best combo of tailbacks we will play this year. 

Offline pdunn

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 12:09:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Honestly I think it’s fair. Pdunn I’m sure you probably know this, but for others, When USM played Tennessee the UT front 7 did whatever they wanted to them. Their front 7 has been average to below all year even in games to UMASS and Indiana St. what worries me is they have big WRs and they do like throwing the 50/50 ball. If we keep safety help over the top we’re fine. If they fly in trying to make a play in the run then it could be a long day. A lot will depend on gameplan, but i think we can stop the run and get to the QB. This is a good matchup for us.

But you can't win if you don't score.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 12:13:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol I’m so numb to Bill Legg I don’t even think about scoring anymore

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdfan129

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 02:23:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fans are so up in arms about our anemic offense I think we 'pull out all the stops' offensively.

With USM having 7 wins the 'conspiracy button' is dark / non-functional. But 14-32 is still the elephant in the room.
    [EDIT: After reading banker's "96th" ( in total offense) post I predict we score an offensive TD on our 1st possession, and no later than 2nd possession]

USM probably has too much talent for a really comfortable Herd win, especially without Brady. I say maybe a high-scoring affair with the Herd winning 41-34. Predicting 41 points with Legg, some might question my sanity.

p2m

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:37:14 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline coalherd

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 03:22:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fans are so up in arms about our anemic offense I think we 'pull out all the stops' offensively.

With USM having 7 wins the 'conspiracy button' is dark / non-functional. But 14-32 is still the elephant in the room.
    [EDIT: After reading banker's "96th" ( in total offense) post I predict we score an offensive TD on our 1st possession, and no later than 2nd our possession]

USM probably has too much talent for a really comfortable Herd win, especially without Brady. I say maybe a high-scoring affair with the Herd winning 41-34. Predicting 41 points with Legg, some might question my sanity.

p2m

Consider it questioned, p2m!!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online herd2win

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 03:27:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Questioned...we score first...hold them on defense and then go to a 4 corners offense to run out the clock...

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 03:29:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ESPN Match-up Predictor has us with a 66% chance of winning.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 03:29:16 PM »

Offline CharlestonHerdGuy

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 08:59:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just follow the patterns. We always lose in Texas, but we never lose at home in November. We beat Southern Miss.

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline Apollo

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 09:09:33 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • ESPN Match-up Predictor has us with a 66% chance of winning.
    It was at like 78% a few weeks ago so what's that tell ya?

Lol I’m so numb to Bill Legg I don’t even think about scoring anymore
    Neither does Legg.

Offline herdgameplan

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We win this game by 2 TD's. Senior day, players are circling the wagons against the evil fan base and Legg pulls out all the stops in his playbook to show Hamrick and Gilbert he needs to stay another year so we can win the league in 2018.

EVIL FAN BASE ???????????????????? We can see wtf is happening from week to week! I’ll take a win for sure for it is nauseating to watch what has taken place thus far!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 10:24:12 PM »