Author Topic: $755,000. +...per year...  (Read 795 times)

Offline carolinaherdfan

$755,000. +...per year...
« on: November 18, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we can do better...this is bull crap, and I like Doc...

The following users thanked this post: DallasGreen, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

$755,000. +...per year...
    « on: November 18, 2017, 08:33:45 PM »

Offline goherd24

Re: $755,000. +...per year...
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:36:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We all agree, good to see you coming around. Changes need to be made, we all love our university.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline pdunn

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:40:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How much does Legg make?  I could run our offense off a cliff just as well as him but I'd only charge half what he's making :)
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:55:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My son wants first dibs, but yes

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 08:55:54 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kiffin is going to more than likely win a conference title in the  first year.  While we accept average in a below average  (thats being nice) conference.  It is what it is, but why keep us from progressing a year or two earlier.  The program will never elevate with this group of leaders.

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline Apollo

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:33:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can we hire Frank Caliendo as John Gruden to replace Holliday?

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline rvntx

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 10:12:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • Kiffin makes 1 million plus......

Offline goherd24

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 10:14:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kiffin makes 1 million plus......

Whats your point? You think private donors wouldn't come up with another $245,000 a year if it means we could have a real head coach?

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 10:24:50 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • We fans aspire to the AAC, hell the way we play, we couldn’t win the So Con...

The following users thanked this post: wvmafia

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 10:45:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just realized tonight that Larry Coker is available.

Offline beau42m

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 11:41:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just realized tonight that Larry Coker is available.
    And UTSA really messed over him after he got their program going.

Offline beau42m

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 11:53:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We fans aspire to the AAC, hell the way we play, we couldn’t win the So Con...
    The time to aspire to the AAC has long passed. I'm certain our program misses the 80% decrease in TV dollars because we
     stayed in the C-USA. Funding won't make a bad program good, but it can handicap a good program like ours
    . Most of the AAC head coaches make at least double that of those in the C-USA and Chad Morris of SMU makes 3 million a year, up from the $2 million paid to June Jones.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:56:18 PM by beau42m »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 11:53:05 PM »

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 11:56:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And UTSA really messed over him after he got their program going.

No they didn't.  The program was stagnating and the administration, unlike ours understood that a change needed to be made going forward.  As an aging man, sometimes we can't get out of the way and allow the next generation to come forward.  UTSA will be fine without Coker.

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 05:11:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guys I REALLY don't believe that any of the "big donors" are going to "step-up" and give us money to buy Doc out.  I would say that it's about 95:5 AGAINST any one or even a conglomerate of several of them doing it.  With that said, I do believe that odds would get MUCH better if a big donor or several donors were allowed to pick the next coach, that they would pony up to remove Doc.  Hamrick refused that offer before and probably, unless he thought that turning around the fan's attitude about football was the only thing to save his job, would refuse it again.

I'm sure that some are going to read this and say, "...what AD would give a booster or several boosters that kind of power...." and I'd tell you that prolly 50-66% of them and probably bigger percentages in P5 conferences.

Hamrick was given a pretty sweet offer right before he hired Doc, but refused it probably because he saw it as emasculating him and the position of AD at MU...when in reality, it would've been an AMAZINGLY GREAT DEAL for MU and more than likely would've offered Hamrick himself indefinite job security.

I think we'll be watching Doc stalk the sideline thru AT LEAST the 2020 season.

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

Offline pdunn

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 07:17:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I think we'll be watching Doc stalk the sideline thru AT LEAST the 2020 season.

Yes we will, unfortunately.  I hope Legg is a different story.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 07:39:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes we will, unfortunately.  I hope Legg is a different story.
    Doc needs to go, Legg has to go. My fear is they promote from within which would be disastrous. Agree, we are stuck with Doc.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 12:36:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc needs to go, Legg has to go. My fear is they promote from within which would be disastrous. Agree, we are stuck with Doc.

It's Hamrick's fault for giving Doc the extension. This is why Im calling for Hamrick to get the ax as well.

Offline Big City

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is flat out embarrassing Marshall cannot beat these scrub ass teams. There isnt 1 excuse out there as to why Marshall shouldn’t have put up at least 20 points on that scrub ass team last night. Good defense? (bleep) they were average at BEST!  Same goes for FAU and IU. It is flat out embarrassing. First off no one out side of CUSA knows who these scrub ass teams are and then we lose to them.

This Marshall team could be very good- they are pretty good in my opinion. A stubborn head coach that refuses to make any changes and allows things to remain status quo is the problem. I actually think Doc would be decent if he would make a few REAL changes.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, beau42m

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »