Author Topic: Justice  (Read 12229 times)

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Assistant Coach
  • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
Re: Justice
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 08:44:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If anyone is looking toward the state for revenue for Marshall, they have to be crazy. Got to shake up the way the University doest business. WV is in really bad straights...good luck up there guys. I don't know that who you elect governor will matter.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 08:44:57 AM »

Offline iherdya

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 08:49:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Considering Earl Ray and his Wife are supposed "Marshall people", I don't think being governor has helped MU a whole hell of a lot. Justice has some good and bad points. He is pandering to the coal vote knowing full well that industry is DEAD for the most part. Giving people false hope.
    Goodwin seems like a decent guy. Cole is a business guy as well. The state is in a shambles budget wise. I would expect whoever gets in office to cut the budget even more and possibly re-establish the food tax and seriously increase the tobacco tax.

will the house go for it though? they seem to be resisting it so far.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 09:07:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's sad that America has gotten to the point that it does not matter who or what is running for office, if you are my party I will vote for you

Online bighat

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 09:31:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Politicians only worry about getting elected or reelected not the people or the country.  No great compromisers or leaders on the horizon.  My way or the highway.  This would be the time for a good third party candidate.

Offline GK4Herd

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 09:31:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Jim Justice as reported is a billionaire 1 and 1/2 times and gives 5 mil to MU that is pocket change for him. Don't get me wrong it is very important to Marshall, but that is almost a slap in the face to ones alma mater. While we need not look a gift horse in the mouth let's not get carried away with his generosity, it is hardly overwhelming.

You do realize that there's a difference between net worth and liquid assets? His 1 1/2 billion (or whatever it is) isn't sitting in a bank somewhere. It's spread over many different companies and holdings. Five million cash is a lot of money. Based on some of the articles I've read, many of Justice's  companies are cash strapped. That doesn't mean the company isn't worth anything, just that excessive liquidity isn't always as readily available as people might think.

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 10:36:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You do realize that there's a difference between net worth and liquid assets? His 1 1/2 billion (or whatever it is) isn't sitting in a bank somewhere. It's spread over many different companies and holdings. Five million cash is a lot of money. Based on some of the articles I've read, many of Justice's  companies are cash strapped. That doesn't mean the company isn't worth anything, just that excessive liquidity isn't always as readily available as people might think.

So that must be why he screws over his contractors/doesn't pay his bills and is delinquent on the taxes the local counties need for the schools.  What a great guy.

Entities owned by Jim Justice, from his famous Greenbrier resort to mining and agriculture companies, owe at least $3.9 million in delinquent property taxes to at least six cash-strapped Southern West Virginia counties for the just-completed tax year, records show. -

See more at: http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/20160414/jim-justice-companies-delinquent-on-39m-in-2015-property-taxes#sthash.ERA6pY0D.dpuf

Recently one of his companies was held in contempt of FEDERAL court for not paying his bills and refusing to show up for court so he obviously respects the government/legal system as well.

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/20160215/justice-owned-company-in-contempt-of-us-court-over-unpaid-debt

He doesn't know what a deficit is.  He just uses his own money to bail out his ideas (greenbrier & golf) or screws over the little guy so he doesn't have to pay (every other business he has).  Not sure how that will fly working with the entire state's budget.

I pay my taxes, sure not going to vote for a guy that doesn't.

Offline GK4Herd

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 11:37:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So that must be why he screws over his contractors/doesn't pay his bills and is delinquent on the taxes the local counties need for the schools.  What a great guy.

I'm not defending of endorsing him in the least. I'm just pointing out there's a difference between net worth and liquidity.

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 11:49:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not defending of endorsing him in the least. I'm just pointing out there's a difference between net worth and liquidity.
    I do understand the difference.

Online bighat

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2016, 12:47:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have a guy running for president that has the same philosophy about paying.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2016, 01:17:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have a guy running for president that has the same philosophy about paying.

I don't plan on voting for that rich deadbeat either.

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 02:06:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't plan on voting for that rich deadbeat either.

The problem come in with the alternative...what a dumpster fire these candidates are...

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2016, 02:09:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^difference is it will be ok for him in some minds

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2016, 02:09:20 PM »

Online bighat

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2016, 03:13:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is exactly why I posted.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2016, 04:00:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The problem come in with the alternative...what a dumpster fire these candidates are...

Damn, you nailed it!

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2016, 04:32:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The problem come in with the alternative...what a dumpster fire these candidates are...

Florida candidates are in the same category as WV & National...

Dumpster fires

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2016, 05:28:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Florida candidates are in the same category as WV & National...

Dumpster fires

It sometimes makes me wonder how a country that can't pick better leaders managed to become such a great country.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2016, 06:19:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Overtime - freedom allows liberal ideas and "progressive" agendas to creep in and ruin the country.  Just look at western Europe which we seem to want to emulate
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline shilolg

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2016, 06:25:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You haven't seen the plaque on the wall outside the new MU Sports Med facility?  Leave politics out and know who supports the university

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2016, 10:04:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My dear departed father was correct,  "They are all crooks son". God bless you dad.  I miss you.

TRS
    MU 71

Online 2xBison

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2016, 10:20:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bottom line, time for change, if you vote Hillary you are a Maroon
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Killer Buffalo

« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2016, 10:43:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll vote for the smallest fire.

Offline Apollo

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2016, 11:32:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll vote for the smallest fire.

And the least smelly dumpster lol

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2016, 11:32:37 PM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2016, 05:22:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bottom line, time for change, if you vote Hillary you are a Maroon

Bison, the same can be said of anyone that votes for Donald Trump! Let's face it, there's not a strong candidate from either party. With all the talent we have in America, it's sad to see all we have to offer are Trump and Clinton. Donald Trump is a narcissistic, conceited, pretentious pr*ck! Clinton on the handle hand is a scandalous b*tch! So there you have it, two undesirables running for President.

Offline iherdya

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2016, 07:18:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Overtime - freedom allows liberal ideas and "progressive" agendas to creep in and ruin the country.  Just look at western Europe which we seem to want to emulate

considering we've had "freedom" significantly longer than any of those countries, i'm not sure your post holds any water.

Offline MU42

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2016, 07:44:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It sometimes makes me wonder how a country that can't pick better leaders managed to become such a great country.

The better people that could make a difference see how corrupt the system is and they don't want to deal with the mess. So we get people like Hilary and Donald, Bill Cole and JJ.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2016, 07:44:49 AM »