Author Topic: President Bush Thanks WV  (Read 975 times)

Offline wolfman81

• Rookie
President Bush Thanks WV
« on: March 03, 2005, 11:15:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

President Bush Thanks WV
    « on: March 03, 2005, 11:15:36 AM »

Offline Blade

President Bush Thanks WV
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 12:20:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What do you expect?  We are a welfare state.  ANY cuts will affect us.  Until the state decides to stand on its own and quit waiting for handouts, we will be suseptible to budget cuts.

Bush should cut all federal aid, allow us to go bankrupt as a state and then dole us out to the surrounding states.

Offline carolinaherdfan

President Bush Thanks WV
    « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 02:28:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There are at least three sections of the state that have wished for that, for years.  It is a bad situation the state finds itself in, and there are no easy answers, but I don't believe there will be a return to governmental hand outs anytime soon.

GOD, HELP WEST VIRGINIA AND GO THUNDERINGHERD!

:-?

Offline Blade

President Bush Thanks WV
    « Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 06:19:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "carolinaherdfan"
    There are at least three sections of the state that have wished for that, for years.  It is a bad situation the state finds itself in, and there are no easy answers, but I don't believe there will be a return to governmental hand outs anytime soon.

GOD, HELP WEST VIRGINIA AND GO THUNDERINGHERD!

What do you mean, Carolina?  That's primarily what the state budget is made of - federal hand outs.  We are the pork barrel poster child.

When I began my business, I couldn't wait to incorporate in WV.  I thought that I would now be part of the solution to a depressed area.  The worst mistake I ever made.  Apart from being sucked dry by the state (last year my state taxes were 63% of federal), they have fought me every step of the way.  EVERY agency in the state make it as difficult as possible to business here.  I spend more resouces and personal free time dealing with the state than I do in sales and advertising (I'm not kidding!).

The day that my wife retires, I will (slightly) change the name of my company, incorporate in a state more small business friendly and take my business with me - probably the Carolinas.

Offline carolinaherdfan

President Bush Thanks WV
    « Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 02:04:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate it, and it is sad to say, but you are right, and I know that the state employees make a game out of trying to be an obstacle to overcome  just to do business in WV.  That is the State of the State.  I, for the life of myself, can't understand why this attitude exists.  Its like these people are jealous of you for for being independently employeed.  This would be a good place to begin an education overhaul in WV.  The state employees come to work in sweat clothes, and even no shower in some instances.  Gov. Joe would do well to educate the state employees first. Then move over to the chambers, and explain to everyone there why we can't attract industry, or business to WV.

Its so simple, and yet so far away.  I guess it will always be elusive until, or if we ever have truly great new leadership in WV.

GO THUNDERINGHERD!

HerdFans.com

President Bush Thanks WV
    « Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 02:04:29 PM »