Author Topic: Concealed Carry  (Read 1474 times)

Offline BHFIOHIO

Concealed Carry
« on: August 13, 2012, 07:33:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I bought a 38 Spl+P S&W Bodyguard to help my eldest a little who needed some stuff for his puter. It has the integrated laser sight but feels a little heavy to me. Thats because I already own the Ruger LCP 380. But the hammerless feature on the Smith and Wesson makes for a nice coat pocket weapon. I havent fired it yet but the Ruger jumps in your hand pretty good.....anybody have a Bodyguard?

HerdFans.com

Concealed Carry
    « on: August 13, 2012, 07:33:40 PM »

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
    • Member Since 02/2009
    Re: Concealed Carry
    « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 07:38:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not sure I trust you with anything that has a laser on it...  ;) ;D
    GO HERD!!!

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 08:16:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I bought a 38 Spl+P S&W Bodyguard feels a little heavy to me.

I carried a full size glock for a decade, everytime I left the house....You'll get use to it...

Although now I often carry a little 32 caliber Smith Wesson revolver in my pocket....

I havent fired it yet but the Ruger jumps in your hand pretty good

The 38 Special is a little hotter than a .380, but extra frame weight will help some....

Offline exanimate

• Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 08:20:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My carry gun is a Glock G23 .40.

How do you like your LCP. I've been contemplating getting one. Like the weight and size, pretty much the gun to carry when you can't carry.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I carry the Glock 27 .40 subcompact
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 09:09:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The 380 is definitely light.  You will get used to the Bodyguard.  They are really nice carry weapons and the 38 has many good defense loads.  What is real important is to find a good holster.  If you find a good holster you won't even notice you have it on.  I have holsters from Blackhawk, Desantis, and Galco that I like.  My favorite is probably an inside the waistband by Blackhawk.  A good holster is also important for safety purposes when carrying any weapon but especially when carrying a revolver whether the hammer is exposed or not.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline IH8WVU

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 09:51:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I carry the Glock 27 .40 subcompact

Me too.  I like to cary a gun that if I have to use it, there is no chance that they get up.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like to cary a gun that if I have to use it, there is no chance that they get up.
    I agree, and I hope that I never have to use it.

Follow Us on Twitter!

Follow Us on Facebook!

Offline exanimate

• Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 06:41:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Me too.  I like to cary a gun that if I have to use it, there is no chance that they get up.

I was going to go with the sub compact, but it just didn't feel comfortable in my hand so I went with the compact.

I to hope that it stays holstered forever.

Offline luvherd

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 09:47:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In the day, between temper and bars my Dad convinved me to keep my gun at home. By the bed I have a Clint Eastwood "Dirty Harry" 44 magnum. Quickloader hid from gkids but close.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    « Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 11:40:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    By the bed I have a Clint Eastwood "Dirty Harry" 44 magnum. Quickloader hid from gkids but close.

I love 44 magnums and regret the day I sold mine....

In the day, between temper and bars my Dad convinved me to keep my gun at home.

Takes a smart man to do that...One thing is for sure, once you pull that trigger, lives are gonna change forever....

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 11:50:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had a friend learn that the hard way lasts weekend in the west end of Huntington.

Follow Us on Twitter!

Follow Us on Facebook!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 11:50:20 AM »

Offline IH8WVU

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 12:10:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was going to go with the sub compact, but it just didn't feel comfortable in my hand so I went with the compact.

I to hope that it stays holstered forever.

I thought the same, but I put a Pierce extension on the clip.  Gives me an extra round and my pinkie somewhere to go

Offline HerdHead

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 02:19:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My carry gun is a Glock G23 .40.

How do you like your LCP. I've been contemplating getting one. Like the weight and size, pretty much the gun to carry when you can't carry.

The LC9 is a single stack 9mm, easily fits in pocket. 

Con:  Straight from the manufacturer, it has a very long trigger pull.  But you can modify it with a Calloway trigger bar, and it is niiiiiiice.  Tough to find the power of a 9 in a lightweight compact.   

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had a friend learn that the hard way lasts weekend in the west end of Huntington.

Huff, that's probably the reason I've chosen not to carry a gun. However, I'm not criticizing anyone that does, because it's a personal decision.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 05:07:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I also have a Taurus 357 7 shot revolver with a 6 inch barrel that I bought in case I wanted to hunt deer with a pistol. Dont think I could drag it from a shoulder rig like ol Clint tho. Its a big un.

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I also have a Taurus 357 7 shot revolver with a 6 inch barrel that I bought in case I wanted to hunt deer with a pistol. Dont think I could drag it from a shoulder rig like ol Clint tho. Its a big un.

Is that the 6.5" built on the Tracker frame?  Do you like it?  I've got a S&W 629 Classic .44 Mag that I like to hunt deer with.  Hunting deer with a handgun definitely adds to the degree of difficulty but is a ton of fun.  I got a Bianchi leather belt holster that fits it like a glove.  I wear a wide belt that I also carry my gutting/field knife on that is very comfortable to carry.  The weight doesn't bother me at all.  I got it extra long so I can wear it on those days that I have several layers of clothes on.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 09:53:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dont know but would think it is the only 7 shot 357 that Taurus made?

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 06:38:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seems to be several posters here carrying concealed weapons. 

Just out of curiosity, how many are law enforcement or ex-law enforcement?

Not casting any stones, just curious.  That's a lot of concealed weapons permits if you are actually carrying the firearms concealed rather than just in your house for home protection. 

I carry and I have a variety of firearms that I care depending on several factors.  However, I’ve heard the argument many times that if someone knows your “packing” and they want to confront you then you can bet they will be “packing.”  However, on the other hand, if they don’t know you are packing then they may bring a knife or ball bat to a gun fight. 

Offline IH8WVU

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not law enforcement but I carry because I live in a bad neighborhood with a crack house and a pill house within 100 yards of mine.  I carry and make it known that I carry.  When I go shoot I make sure they see my big guns coming and going and if they are out when I come home I make it a point to show them my targets and tell them how I can shoot a 6 inch group a 75 yards with my glock.  They try it they die.

Offline exanimate

• Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 10:44:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not law enforcement but carry the majority of the time. I don't bring it up to people and prefer people not know that I am carrying. I've had a gun pulled on me at a stoplight in the past and I vowed to never be put in a situation where I would need a gun and not have it again.

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 01:12:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not law enforcement but I carry because I live in a bad neighborhood with a crack house and a pill house within 100 yards of mine.  I carry and make it known that I carry.  When I go shoot I make sure they see my big guns coming and going and if they are out when I come home I make it a point to show them my targets and tell them how I can shoot a 6 inch group a 75 yards with my glock.  They try it they die.

Aren't you worried about being robbed when you and your family aren't home by those hoods or their associates?  Big market for stolen firearms.  I hope you have a big, secure gun safe.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 01:12:52 PM »

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not law enforcement but carry the majority of the time. I don't bring it up to people and prefer people not know that I am carrying. I've had a gun pulled on me at a stoplight in the past and I vowed to never be put in a situation where I would need a gun and not have it again.

I've been on the wrong end of a gun more than once and on the other end a few times.  First time I was on the wrong end I didn't have a gun but luckily wasn't the target, just in close vacinity.  Second time I had my gun but was stuipidly surprised and couldn't get it without being fired upon at point blank range before the situation was otherwise resolved in my favor.  Neither were very pleasant experiences on my part.  Like Johnny said, once a trigger is pulled everyone's life changes forever. 

I understand how you feel examinate, but I guess my point is simply having a gun doesn't always help.  You have to be prepared.  With or without you still get that familiar knot in your stomach. 

Offline IH8WVU

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Aren't you worried about being robbed when you and your family aren't home by those hoods or their associates?  Big market for stolen firearms.  I hope you have a big, secure gun safe.

I only keep a couple at the house, I have a big mean dog that everyone is afraid of so I don't worry too much about them breaking in.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    « Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Just out of curiosity, how many are law enforcement or ex-law enforcement?

Law Enforcement from 2000-2011

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 04:00:11 PM »