Author Topic: Cabell County Schools...  (Read 293 times)

Offline BerkshireHerdFan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • All American
  • Former Football Student Manager 2002-2004
Cabell County Schools...
« on: April 30, 2010, 10:44:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My wife recently surprised me by saying since her current school is facing budget cuts,  she may be losing her  teaching position to someone with more seniority....   She said she would be open to moving to Huntington,  where I spent  the good part of 6 years attending Marshall, for which I call my second home....  My question is...

Is the school district hard to crack for a newer teacher? She will have almost one full year of teaching 5th grade. She is currently certified  for 1-6,   She would be ok  to do subbing again to get her foot in the door,  but for what we read even that is tough to get into?

Any teachers on board here  can provide some insight.... Honestly, it seems to me with the amount of new teachers Marshall pumps out seems like it may be difficult to get placed into a classroom full-time...  This may be my only hope of ever getting back to WV and more importantly,  The Herd!
    Knightdale NC

HerdFans.com

Cabell County Schools...
    « on: April 30, 2010, 10:44:23 PM »

Offline BuyNtelos4

Re: Cabell County Schools...
    « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 11:39:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My wifes a teacher and I got real decent connects in wayne county,  subbing for sure, Wayne, tulsa, fort gay always have openings, the schools closer to huntington (spring valley, Ceredo, Kenova, camack, Kellog, Vinson middle, buffalo, and lavalette if they have openings.  If she is willing to sub its a sure thing.  My wife graduated year before last and without any experience had job offers from cabell county, wayne county, 2 counties in KY, and could have got a.job in KY too.  I would say she will be able to find a job!!!!

Offline MUPE84

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My wife and I both teach in Cabell County.  It is not easy to get into the county. You can get all the work you want by subbing.  There are some retirements happening this year so there could be a slim chance.  I would say that Special Ed is the way to go if she has a degree in that area.  That is the way my wife got in and then switched over to regular ed.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »