Author Topic: Recruiting......................  (Read 1379 times)

Offline 1995mubaseball

• Practice Squad
Recruiting......................
« on: November 08, 2006, 01:06:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why is there not much recruiting news reported here.  I would like to know who we are going after and what the outlook is.  I guess herdcountry.com and Jamie Oaks have the best recruting coverage,
    I guess I'll have to go there.

Why even post this garbage? Take your sorry self over there and please never come back. Consider this your final warning.

DJ

HerdFans.com

« on: November 08, 2006, 01:06:27 PM »

Offline Krash

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 02:56:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Remember this site is free. At Herdcountry.com you have to pay monthly, thus giving you a little more insider info.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    also, in case you didn't notice
    « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 03:22:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • our coaches are kind  of busy trying to pull the season out of the fire. They also do most of the recruiting.

Offline Krash

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 03:43:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would like to know so much more about recruiting. But it's just not in the cards right now. Obviously it will pick up after the season is over.

Online W0lfman

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 06:33:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We've been here for several years now dropping little tidbits of information to anyone that was interested for free.  But I tell you what if you guys want to pay me I'll be happy to start making phones calls to all the potential recruits out there and get the inside scoops for ya.  And for the record I appreciate the fact someone has taking over the Rivals site and are putting a quality stories out there for the Herd public to read.  I think it is great for all involved.

Offline PhattyB

• All American
    « Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 08:38:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "W0lfman"
    But I tell you what if you guys want to pay me I'll be happy to start making phones calls to all the potential recruits out there and get the inside scoops for ya.

It's not worth it in my opinion.  You would have to basically stop being a Herd fan or else it would be a NCAA recruiting violation...  No season tickets, no Big Green, no donation of any kind.  We couldn't even say WE are Marshall.
    Chris Smith, Chris Smith! He's our man, if he can't do it, Mark Cann!

Offline cubsrams1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 08:41:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "PhattyB"

It's not worth it in my opinion.  You would have to basically stop being a Herd fan or else it would be a NCAA recruiting violation...  No season tickets, no Big Green, no donation of any kind.  We couldn't even say WE are Marshall.

Which makes me wonder how these Rivals and Scouts sites continue to function.

Offline luvherd

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 09:48:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wolf - this board is great. I put little irespect nto those "paid" sites.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline 1995mubaseball

• Practice Squad
    Re: Recruiting......................
    « Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "1995mubaseball"
    Why is there not much recruiting news reported here.  I would like to know who we are going after and what the outlook is.  I guess herdcountry.com and Jamie Oaks have the best recruting coverage,
    I guess I'll have to go there.

Why even post this garbage? Take your sorry self over there and please never come back. Consider this your final warning.

DJ

It wasnt meant in a bad way.  Jesus Christ!! What is your problem, all i meant was its the middle of recruiting and there hant been as much action on here as in the past.  Dont act like your god.  I did nothing wrong and if I get kicked off for that, that is ridiculous.  Once again, it wasnt meant in a bad way so lighten up there chief!!!

By the way, please dont pirate my posts, quote me and then comment on your own post.  Just because your a moderator doesnt mean you can pirate my posts.  How would you like it if someone did that to yours?  Oh thats right, you would kick them off.

Offline Krash

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 10:21:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can't we all just get along...

Offline Krash

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 10:22:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This Herd on Herd violence must stop.

Offline herdie4ever

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 12:20:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here at this site you have to understand that is the DJ patrols the roads.  The other mods are pretty good.  But DJ thinks he is saving th world by being a mod.  He is classless.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 12:20:37 PM »

Offline 1995mubaseball

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 12:57:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "herdie4ever"
    Here at this site you have to understand that is the DJ patrols the roads.  The other mods are pretty good.  But DJ thinks he is saving th world by being a mod.  He is classless.

I agree.  I didnt mean anything bad about the posting.  All I meant was usually this time of year everyone is posting about recruiting and its been slow.  It wasnt an attack on any one, but DJ being able to do whatever he wants found this as a good opportunity to attack me.  I think Wolf needs to reconsider who has power on this board because that was a blatant attack on a poster that was raising a valid point.  Just because HE THINKS I was being an a$$hole he went off on me.  I post my opinions on here and some people dont like them.  This is DJ's way to flip-flop the situation and get everyone against me like he always does.  My own father is on here and he doesnt agree with a lot of my posts, but he thinks DJ was way out of line.  1976 Marshall graduate and long time Big Green supporter thinks "your guy" is out of line Wolf.  It will be interesting to see how you handle this, because if anyone else on this board pirated someone elses posts, rest assure you would have kicked them off forever.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 06:23:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • maybe wolf needs to consider kicking of by IP address verse nicknames........so folks don't come back.

I rememer one Maroon, mutosu...or something
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline MarshallMatrix

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 09:58:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "2xBison"
    maybe wolf needs to consider kicking of by IP address verse nicknames........ so folks don't come back...

That could work but most of us aquire our addresses dynamically, thus being leased to us for about a week at a time on average then changing. An IP range block would suit best but might block someone unintentionally.

If someone spews garbage, they get flamed. That's one beauty of Democracy.

:cool:

Offline herdie4ever

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 11:42:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "2xBison"
    maybe wolf needs to consider kicking of by IP address verse nicknames........so folks don't come back.

I rememer one Maroon, mutosu...or something

Yeah I personnaly know him, good guy, you dont seem to be the classyess guy.  Some of the junk that comes out of your whole...wow!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 11:42:32 AM »