Author Topic: WeatherTech  (Read 219 times)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
WeatherTech
« on: December 26, 2023, 06:23:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Recently got a new truck which didn't come with floor mats. Family bought me WeatherTech mats made specifically for the make and model of the vehicle. I accidentally saw the receipt which had been enclosed in the box by the vendor. At first I wanted them to return the mats due to the cost. But they refused and when I put them in I was highly impressed. These are the best floor mats I've ever owned and are molded and contoured to the floor of the truck.

I also got a nice gift certificate to WestherTech with a catalog. Really impressed with all the products they carry and they all appear to be of good quality. Just curious if any of you have experience with them and if so how the items you purchased have held up.

The following users thanked this post: Big Ol' Hillbilly

HerdFans.com

WeatherTech
    « on: December 26, 2023, 06:23:44 PM »

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

Re: WeatherTech
    « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 08:26:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm on my second set. I bought them for my old Toyota Sequoia and loved them. I planned on buying them for any vehicle I purchased after that. Fortunately, when I bought my GMC Sierra AT4 last year, the factory mats are just like the WeatherTech. It doesn't say that they are made by WT, but I'm convinced that they are.

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 08:34:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've got WeatherTech in one vehicle, Husky Weatherbeater in another vehicle, and factory rubber weather guard type floor mats in a third vehicle.   

All three beat the old fashioned carpet and plastic/vinyl floor mats.  I like all three and have few complaints.

If I'm being critical, my least favorite is the factory rubber weather guard style.  They don't fit as well and therefore allow more dirt to get in around the edges.  Mine have also warped or cruled in a few spots.  They are easy to clean and are soft rubber, so they are easy to put in and take out.   

WeatherTech and Husky WeatherBeater are close to equal.  Both fit good and tight around the edges.  I would give a very slight edge to WeatherTech regarding fit.  Husky are less expensive and seem easier to clean even though they are made out of the same material.  Both have aged very well.  Husky seems to keep my feet up a bit higher and out of the wet or dirt/mud better.  The carpet under both the WeatherTech and WeatherBeater looks practically new. 

Cleaning is the biggest issue I have with either brand, I don't like a dirty vehicle inside or out.  Without a doubt I clean my vehicles more often than most. 

I would buy either WeatherTech or Husky WeatherBeater again. 

The WeatherTech and Husky WeatherBeater are in a Chevrolet Silverado and Toyota Tundra respectively.  Both see their fair share of mud, dirt, and horsesh!t.  Hope this helps.

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 09:54:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Recently got a new truck which didn't come with floor mats. Family bought me WeatherTech mats made specifically for the make and model of the vehicle. I accidentally saw the receipt which had been enclosed in the box by the vendor. At first I wanted them to return the mats due to the cost. But they refused and when I put them in I was highly impressed. These are the best floor mats I've ever owned and are molded and contoured to the floor of the truck.

I also got a nice gift certificate to WestherTech with a catalog. Really impressed with all the products they carry and they all appear to be of good quality. Just curious if any of you have experience with them and if so how the items you purchased have held up.

Would never buy a car without also buying them. My father purchased them for me 8-10 years ago, and I've followed suit ever since.  A couple of things about them that are minor inconveniences - they do have a tendency to fade from black to grey if you keep them long enough.  Not that big of a deal, IMO.  Salt also can imbed in them but will come out with a good scrub brush or putty knife.  Lastly, be careful with Armor-All.  I drove 1/2 way across country with newly Armor-Alled mats and slip/slid every time I tried to move around a bit.  That might be on me tho.  :)   Merry Christmas!
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 11:05:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Love 'em in our 2009 Jeep Commander
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 11:02:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My employer uses them in the work vehicles without issues.  They seem to be very durable.
    Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 09:30:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

used for years.  love them.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Big City

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2023, 11:19:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have them in all 3 of our personal vehicles and I was surprised when I picked up my new company vehicle late summer to find them in it. My wife's BMW has regular carpeted mats and do they get nasty living in the city.

I made a similar mistake and tried to armor all the ones in the traverse. Slippery as snot!
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2023, 02:50:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I got a rear cargo mat for a SUV I bought in 2017. I did get 20% off of the price with a deal from one of the auto part store chains. The last car I purchased had some really great floor mats and they were an option on car sticker. They were not cheap.

Offline mckayt

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2023, 11:57:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

You deserve them no matter what they cost

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2023, 11:57:05 PM »