Author Topic: Something special at MU  (Read 867 times)

Offline herdman22

Something special at MU
« on: December 21, 2023, 07:21:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know most of us having always known Marshall is a special place, but I've got to say something really special is happening at Marshall right now. It's been a while since the future was so bright.

Watch this video on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/v/rquvNwZKkhiyyFxU/?mibextid=OTybqR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, svherd, biggreenarms, diamante, HerdEcon, mangemd

HerdFans.com

Something special at MU
    « on: December 21, 2023, 07:21:21 PM »

Online overherd1

Re: Something special at MU
    « Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 07:52:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good stuff.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 10:07:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know most of us having always known Marshall is a special place, but I've got to say something really special is happening at Marshall right now. It's been a while since the future was so bright.

Watch this video on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/v/rquvNwZKkhiyyFxU/?mibextid=OTybqR

That's awesome.  Thank you for sharing. 

Brings back memories.  RIP Professor Steve Shuklian.
    « Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 10:23:39 PM by HerdEcon »

Offline D1

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 10:21:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Great!  That's what it's about!  Thanks for sharing

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 10:46:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That was special!  I even had tears in my eyes.  Thanks for sharing!

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

Offline OhioCatFan

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 10:53:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That was very nice . . . and even though staged to some extent, it had a real ring of sincerity and truthfulness to it.  Takes me back to my time on the faculty in the 1970s and the relationships that I had with students that was and always will be very special!
    Each fall I bleed two shades of green. Never forget Nov. 14, 1970.  Please consider a donation to the Jeff Nathan Sportswriting Scholarship.  Jeff was the sports editor of The Parthenon who was killed in the plane crash. I was co-adviser of the paper that year.  See details about the scholarship here: https://www.facebook.com/jeffnathanmemorial/?notif_id=1632663866180053&notif_t=page_user_activity&ref=notif

Offline thelonderee

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 11:24:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very nice way to show the relationships between faculty, staff and students. I had many during my time at Marshall ... Dr. Shaver, Dr. Turner, Dr. Arnold ... those three in the school of journalism made a huge impact on my life. And there were others along the way as well. Marshall is a special place.

The following users thanked this post: OhioCatFan

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 11:37:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I often point to the family like experience at Marshall as one of the reasons I enjoyed my time there. Sure we aren't a huge university, but that has it benefits too. All my teachers knew my name and they always had time to talk. At Marshall you aren't just a number in a sea of students. My most impactful teachers were ones I had at Marshall.

The following users thanked this post: thelonderee

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2023, 12:05:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would certainly think that a college student (and especially those who are near graduation) would be able to speak from their heart "WITHOUT" a written explanation; now having said that, it was/is a very nice gesture.

Offline herdman22

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 12:32:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would certainly think that a college student (and especially those who are near graduation) would be able to speak from their heart "WITHOUT" a written explanation; now having said that, it was/is a very nice gesture.
    I just assumed they read them then gave them to the person to keep.

Offline thelonderee

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2023, 06:37:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

This generation struggles with social interaction more than previous generations. Likely a variety of factors, but it's very real. I've witnessed it.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, miltonherdfan

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2023, 08:56:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This generation struggles with social interaction more than previous generations. Likely a variety of factors, but it's very real. I've witnessed it.
    VERY, VERY true regarding your comment regarding social interaction!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2023, 08:56:37 AM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2023, 01:26:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This generation struggles with social interaction more than previous generations. Likely a variety of factors, but it's very real. I've witnessed it.

Social media isolation and 2 years of COVID distancing will do that.  Younger children never saw anyone without a mask on during their formative years.  There is/was concern that they would not understand social cues because they wouldn't understand facial expressions.  We won't know all the effects of that time period for many years.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2023, 01:26:24 PM »