Author Topic: Spears  (Read 1396 times)

Online svherd

Re: Spears
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2023, 02:32:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What's crazy is if Huff or Fancher himself can't handle the criticism here, imagine if they went somewhere else where it's 10 times worse (like ANYWHERE ELSE)? Joe Milton stats for 2023 in the SEC were: 2813 yards, 20 TDs, 5 Ints, and 70.1 Comp. %. Tennessee fans road the guy ALL year, were down right mean, wanted him gone and replaced every single game ALL YEAR, there were posts about don't boo him on senior day...don't boo him...a guy that was 2813|20|5|70.1.

If coaches and players can't handle our soft media...and our good fans...they can't take it anywhere...there's no where to go...and they better hope they never step up in competition...they'd lose their ever so fragile minds.

Criticism and personal insults are two entirely different things. Some people can't seem to grasp that.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2023, 02:32:48 PM »

Online THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2023, 03:19:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Criticism and personal insults are two entirely different things. Some people can't seem to grasp that.

Ok...if players and coaches can't handle the personal insults here...they won't be able to handle it anywhere
    ..where it's 10 times worse. Our fan base is like Mother Teresa compared to 80% of college football and literally any fan base who is alive and cares.

It's like if you can't take it here (whatever it is "criticism", "insults", whatever) ...just quit 'cause you ain't seen nothing compared to how it is out there in the real world of college football.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline whf

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2023, 03:55:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ok...if players and coaches can't handle the personal insults here...they won't be able to handle it anywhere
    ..where it's 10 times worse. Our fan base is like Mother Teresa compared to 80% of college football and literally any fan base who is alive and cares.

It's like if you can't take it here (whatever it is "criticism", "insults", whatever) ...just quit 'cause you ain't seen nothing compared to how it is out there in the real world of college football.
    I find myself seldomly agreeing with you, but this is absolutely accurate.................

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2023, 04:38:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Donnan also played for a national championship 4 of his 6 seasons here.

I liked Jim, but he could be abrasive and say things that he shouldn't have stated in public and private. He did choke in the big games as you have posted (only won 2 of 6) and that is why got fired at UGA. Jim had trouble winning the big games at MU and UGA. I still remember watching him get out coached in the second half against YSU (twice): Montana and Boise. Losing two national championships on your home field was inexcusable. Tressel almost won the 1992 game with his second half adjustments when MU was leading 14-0 at halftime.
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 05:42:03 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2023, 05:43:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I liked Jim, but he could be abrasive and say things that he shouldn't have stated in public and private. He did choke in the big games as you have posted (only won 2 of 6) and that is why got fired at UGA. Jim had trouble winning the big games at MU and UGA. I still remember watching him get out coached in the second half against YSU (twice): Montana and Boise. Losing two national championships on your home field was inexcusable. Tressel almost won the 1992 game with his second half adjustments when MU was leading 14-0 at halftime.

Fair criticisms, and I know he was known for having a temper. Just saying it's a lot easier to put up with if you're winning instead of being eliminated from Sun Belt contention before November even starts every year.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2023, 08:47:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I liked Jim, but he could be abrasive and say things that he shouldn't have stated in public and private. He did choke in the big games as you have posted (only won 2 of 6) and that is why got fired at UGA. Jim had trouble winning the big games at MU and UGA. I still remember watching him get out coached in the second half against YSU (twice): Montana and Boise. Losing two national championships on your home field was inexcusable. Tressel almost won the 1992 game with his second half adjustments when MU was leading 14-0 at halftime.

A much bigger factor in the YSU comeback was our MLB King going down with injury IMHO.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 12:26:19 AM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2023, 08:50:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Before we criticize Spears ( and I am not a big fan of his so far ), we have to remember all the inane, derogatory, and hurtful ( to MU ) things Bob "Kayo" Marcum said ( and was ? ) when he was AD. Talk about an absolute CANCER to the Program.
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 08:58:58 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, yogiherd, MicDrass1

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2023, 09:58:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Spears doesn't have the balls or the backing to fire Fluff he has to come out and make a statement.

We are a laughingstock around the country because of Fluff's comments that made national media (SI article).

Smith knows how damaging that shite is to your brand

Spears has to say something like:

"Marshall has the best fans in the country and we are so proud to represent this great university"

Don't name Huff but send a clear message

That's the bare minimum, or good luck selling football tickets next season with dbag supreme as head coach
    Amen, God Bless you, Garbanjo!

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2023, 10:14:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Spears doesn't have the balls or the backing to fire Fluff he has to come out and make a statement.

We are a laughingstock around the country because of Fluff's comments that made national media (SI article).

"Marshall has the best fans in the country and we are so proud to represent this great university"

That's the bare minimum, or good luck selling football tickets next season with dbag supreme as head coach

Nah the Marshall fans will buy tickets. I've learned they are all talk and no bite in both sports. They will take every crumb they can get instead of the whole pie.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, miltonherdfan

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2023, 10:16:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Some of your statements are a clear overreact.

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2023, 11:32:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Nah the Marshall fans will buy tickets. I've learned they are all talk and no bite in both sports. They will take every crumb they can get instead of the whole pie.

Yep. Most of the fans that believe in letting their wallet do their talking have already stopped giving & buying.  Those that still buy season tix & give to BG, there's no level of mediocrity that would spur them to stop. Anyone still buying FB & BB tix, the AD can take their support to the bank every year, that level of support is always gonna be there.  & apparently, that's more than enough to pay the bills, so here we are.

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2023, 11:50:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    MU blew a 28-0 lead in that game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2023, 11:50:56 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2023, 09:25:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Yep. Most of the fans that believe in letting their wallet do their talking have already stopped giving & buying.  Those that still buy season tix & give to BG, there's no level of mediocrity that would spur them to stop. Anyone still buying FB & BB tix, the AD can take their support to the bank every year, that level of support is always gonna be there.  & apparently, that's more than enough to pay the bills, so here we are.

No doubt. Just look at last night how most changed after beating a bad Ohio U team. They gobbled down the crumbs and think things may miraculously are now different.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2023, 09:38:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Donnan also played for a national championship 4 of his 6 seasons here.
    And like Grassie had support and facilities at or near the top of division he was competing against.  Makes it a bit easier.  He had success but not titles when he went to a more level playing field in SEC and was fired.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2023, 09:43:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Nah the Marshall fans will buy tickets. I've learned they are all talk and no bite in both sports. They will take every crumb they can get instead of the whole pie.
    Vs the Marshall fans that love a sport but can't fork over a few hundred dollars to support that sport?

Just STFU already

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, HoPPy785

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2023, 10:18:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Vs the Marshall fans that love a sport but can't fork over a few hundred dollars to support that sport?

Just STFU already

Will a couple hundred dollars help a coach call a timeout or draw up a play?

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2023, 01:01:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Will a couple hundred dollars help a coach call a timeout or draw up a play?
    Why don't you quit the board?  You quit buying tickets right?  Just quit it all and come back next coach or when things are going well in your mind.

Either way STFU already

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2023, 02:47:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not sure I agree that any of the statements or coverage needs addressed publicly. It's already been forgotten by all but the most diehard Herd fans. A statement would just put more light back on it.

If we are keeping Huff then stay quiet and move on. If we are negotiating a resignation deal, then keep quiet until the deal is done. If we are firing then keep quiet until the firing.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2023, 09:12:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

we need more fans like you!!!

when you are on board, minimally support, when off board stop buying tickets and publicly trash program and administration 10-15 times a day on a popular fan internet site.

If we could add another 5000 fans like you....we'd take off.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2023, 09:12:02 AM »