Author Topic: Rumor: Huff resigning  (Read 6721 times)

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Assistant Coach
  • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
Re: Rumor: Huff resigning
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2023, 10:53:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's not going anywhere or it would have already happened. Another shame on the whole department.

If he's not gone I'll lose faith in Spears for sure and start to question Smith's judgement on athletics.

Wake up guys, Marshall cannot afford to have both major revenue producing sports in the trash.

Go Herd!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2023, 10:53:07 PM »

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2023, 07:27:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My question is am I right in thinking that Huff has coached his last game at MU either way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be resolved after the bowl.

I know, it sounds crazy. I thought so too.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline muherd34

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2023, 07:55:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whats really crazy is it looks like our leaders aren't even gonna throw a letter together to say how our fans are great and they appreciate us donating over 6mill per year towards our athletic programs. If you gonna keep Huff at least put something out to appease the masses.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, jdonaccbus, herdfan129, Lord Haw-Haw

Online jdonaccbus

« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2023, 08:08:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whats really crazy is it looks like our leaders aren't even gonna throw a letter together to say how our fans are great and they appreciate us donating over 6mill per year towards our athletic programs. If you gonna keep Huff at least put something out to appease the masses.

Exactly!

There are a lot of people helping Marshall during these tough economic times. The two main head coaches need to put their brain ahead of their mouth.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, chris88

Offline thelonderee

« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2023, 08:14:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I've actually thought about writing a statement for them and posting it. This isn't hard. I learned the basics of this stuff in journalism and PR classes at Marshall in the mid-90s.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, muherd34, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herd2win

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2023, 08:22:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I sent an email to Spears with no response but I believe we all need to send Brad Smith an email.  I am actually surprised no statement.

I think in the 15 minute news cycle we live in they think it will go away.  Not for me as I love MU and it is clear Huff doesn't.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, ed swain, thelonderee, herdfan129, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2023, 08:35:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's brought in a good softball coach and women's basketball coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time will tell on softball.....

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2023, 08:36:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Plus got the baseball stadium built. Improved the game day experience for football and supports mens soccer heavily. He is indeed in a tough spot with Huff and Dan. We'll see what happens. He isn't the final say on firings.

The baseball stadium was getting done with or without him. Hate to break that one to you guys. The game day experience for football is still mediocre

Online svherd

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2023, 08:41:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The baseball stadium was getting done with or without him. Hate to break that one to you guys. The game day experience for football is still mediocre

It likely was, but someone had to be the driver and push it over the edge. 50 plus years is way too long.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Surbadger

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2023, 09:09:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The baseball stadium was getting done with or without him. Hate to break that one to you guys. The game day experience for football is still mediocre

Gameday experience has been much improved this year, I have had multiple people I know that have commented on how much more fan interaction as well as other parts are better during the game.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, whf, herdfan129

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2023, 09:27:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could be resolved after the bowl.

I know, it sounds crazy. I thought so too.

I'm starting to believe this is the case as well. The only thing I question is if we are going to wait until after the bowl, then at least put a generic statement to address this or let everyone know it will be addressed.

Instead we get crickets. I would urge anyone in the AD's office that maybe reading through this board to gauge the pulse of the fanbase to understand that something needs to be said. Something, anything, that lets the nation know that Marshall fans do not hate their student athletes and we do not make the players miserable.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, ed swain, thelonderee, herdfan129

Offline herd2win

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2023, 09:31:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do any of us think they may be doing the classic PR love.  They will announce at 4:30 today so the news gets lost over the weekend.

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, puma

HerdFans.com

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2023, 09:31:03 AM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2023, 09:34:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Questioning players and saying things like they can't get the job done or we need a change is one thing. But when you have thread after thread specifically labeled Fancher and he is trash etc,,, then I don't know what else you would call it but hate. Not saying these kids shouldn't have a thicker skin when fans want a change or don't think they should be playing but calling them trash or worse is unacceptable imo by their own fans and it's not a good look.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, jdonaccbus, MUinDE, Flat Tire 2, coalherd, ThunderCat98

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2023, 09:36:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There's probably a greater chance of him re-signing than him resigning.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, miltonherdfan, herdfan129

Offline Herd-in-ATL

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2023, 09:40:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do any of us think they may be doing the classic PR love.  They will announce at 4:30 today so the news gets lost over the weekend.

As someone who has been in the media/entertainment business all their life, that's usually when controllable news is delivered.

Offline BuckHerd

« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2023, 09:48:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Questioning players and saying things like they can't get the job done or we need a change is one thing. But when you have thread after thread specifically labeled Fancher and he is trash etc,,, then I don't know what else you would call it but hate. Not saying these kids shouldn't have a thicker skin when fans want a change or don't think they should be playing but calling them trash or worse is unacceptable imo by their own fans and it's not a good look.
    I agree. It's fair to maybe criticize a kid's performance..to a degree, but too often it starts to seem personal. Fancher seems like a fine young man, but to refer to him as trash is something else! He probably needed to be put in another position. I don't believe anyone doubts his athletic abilities, but where to use them most effectively. THAT is the responsibility of the Head Coach. IMO.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, jdonaccbus, Flat Tire 2

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2023, 10:00:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff threw Ali under the bus with comments about his mental state, with no actions being taken by the administration.  I'm not sure why we think it will be different in this case.  This is just weird when you think about all the publicity Spears generated when there were statements made about his kid at Alabama.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of another minute of Huff (aka The REAL Marshall Beater).
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Online jdonaccbus

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2023, 10:20:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree that we have bad fans like any base. Some of the stuff on Fancher was over the top. But that was not every fan. It was a select few.

My problem is that Huff used a shotgun approach towards the entire fanbase with his remark. He was wayyyyy out of line with that approach.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2023, 10:55:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

That?s wishful thinking on your part. Until there?s an announcement just accept Huff will be our coach in 2024.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2023, 11:00:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stop being so soft on the use of the word ?trash?.

Goodness gracious. It?s a word commonly used these days, and it was obvious those who used it were referring to his play at QB being trash.

For the record, I never used that word and actually defended Fancher longer than most people. J partly did so in case he was reading the boards I wanted to give him some encouragement.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Online elginherd

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2023, 11:06:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree that we have bad fans like any base. Some of the stuff on Fancher was over the top. But that was not every fan. It was a select few.

My problem is that Huff used a shotgun approach towards the entire fanbase with his remark. He was wayyyyy out of line with that approach.

Unfortunately, Coach Consistency also used the shotgun approach on 3rd and 4th and less than 1.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2023, 12:17:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/herdfbequipment/status/1733171927139635645?s=46&t=_lrloIxZb37UW60tvCdBmg

Just posted by Herd Equipment. I think that settles that, until at least after the bowl game. No way his name tag was just in there ?by chance?.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2023, 12:17:59 PM »

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2023, 12:24:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly!

There are a lot of people helping Marshall during these tough economic times. The two main head coaches need to put their brain ahead of their mouth.

? tough economic times?

Yeah it is just dreadful, unemployment through the roof

Offline whf

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2023, 12:28:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He isn't going anywhere unless he chooses, this has gone silent and at best we may see some acknowledgement that is was a bad choice of words.  I also think you'll see him much more guarded on what he says to the media. The fans will continue to be the "burnt" group here, always our fault.  Us poor, lack of contributing, never supporting with our money or attending enough games....fans.  That, by the way, have kept this small town WV school, one of the smallest in D! public schools in American NCAA sport, alive for 53 years. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, thelonderee

Offline herd2win

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2023, 12:31:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really think this time, Spears/Brad Smith, are underestimating how done 85% of the fanbase is completely done with Huff.  We all make mistakes but he has done this a couple of times.  He doesn't like MU or Huntington.

Get him out of here.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ru4mu2, thelonderee, herdfan129, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2023, 12:31:03 PM »