Author Topic: Rumor: Huff resigning  (Read 6720 times)

Offline herdfan48

Re: Rumor: Huff resigning
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2023, 12:26:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Of the choices we had, and remember you can only choose from those who actually apply for the job, who would you have picked?  I honestly don't recall the entire field but I do recall thinking he was the best out of several mediocre options.
    My choice was the OC from Louisville. He had been to several big time schools and had coached several positions. When he didn't get the MU job he took a position with the Atlanta Falcons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herd33, ru4mu2, Buffalo Bop, horsrman, miltonherdfan, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2023, 12:26:40 PM »

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2023, 12:31:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Honestly Spears and Smith need to take control of both major sports and hire solid coaches and start clean. It's becoming a disaster in both sports. Smith and Spears need to step up if they want to show they are as good as we thought they were. This is all on their watch now.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2023, 01:24:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2023, 01:32:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please oh please let this be true. It?s only thing that will have me interested next season.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2023, 01:33:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It looks like the last straw for Huff was Fancher hitting the Portal. Everything fell apart after that.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2023, 01:47:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am actually getting a little concerned with Christian Spears. It seems like the two main head coaches at Marshall are a bit off the rails if I may so myself.

Both are missing functions that they are required to attend. Dan shows up to do radio after a game when he feels like it. Both coaches seem lately to be saying some real odd stuff during press conferences or conversations with the media. And some of these things are contractual matters.

Is there an issue at Marshall where people don't know who is in charge? It just seems that way to me. "I do or say what I want" mentality with Dan and Huff lately. Dan complains about the OOC schedule which really isn't that bad. Dan complains about another team using the transfer portal which is perfectly within any team's right. He lectures fans about being "great fans" when none of us donate and buy tickets to hear this. Huff's statement yesterday is beyond ridiculous. I get the feeling that both head coaches feel they don't have to answer to any one.

I think there is a serious problem right now.

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2023, 01:51:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am actually getting a little concerned with Christian Spears. It seems like the two main head coaches at Marshall are a bit off the rails if I may so myself.

Both are missing functions that they are required to attend. Dan shows up to do radio after a game when he feels like it. Both coaches seem lately to be saying some real odd stuff during press conferences or conversations with the media. And some of these things are contractual matters.

Is there an issue at Marshall where people don't know who is in charge? It just seems that way to me. "I do or say what I want" mentality with Dan and Huff lately. Dan complains about the OOC schedule which really isn't that bad. Dan complains about another team using the transfer portal which is perfectly within any team's right. He lectures fans about being "great fans" when none of us donate and buy tickets to hear this. Huff's statement yesterday is beyond ridiculous. I get the feeling that both head coaches feel they don't have to answer to any one.

Well supposedly those two positions report directly to the president and are a dotted line (in directly) work with the AD.

If that is, yeah, they probably do feel they do not have to do anything unless the President tells them.

Then throw in a relative on the board as a sister to a head coach....and the board is supposed to oversee the president.

Total cluster

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2023, 02:02:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

its about time!

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2023, 02:15:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • D1athletics world is very different than corporate world.  The AD is struggling it seems.  The AD seems to be in chaos.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2023, 02:16:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My choice was the OC from Louisville. He had been to several big time schools and had coached several positions. When he didn't get the MU job he took a position with the Atlanta Falcons.

Wanted big Lance Leipold

The following users thanked this post: muherd34

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2023, 02:48:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Well Smith and Spears better step up quick or their honeymoon could be over also. It's a train wreck on their watch.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdman22

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2023, 03:04:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Of the choices we had, and remember you can only choose from those who actually apply for the job, who would you have picked?  I honestly don't recall the entire field but I do recall thinking he was the best out of several mediocre options.
    Many people thought this was a great choice. Including an extremely popular former coach. And one of our greatest players ever son signed to play for him.

All I know is, after Notre Dame everyone thought it was the best hire.

Not saying he should stay, but I agree many people looked at this as a good hire.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2023, 03:04:58 PM »

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2023, 03:08:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Many people thought this was a great choice. Including an extremely popular former coach. And one of our greatest players ever son signed to play for him.

All I know is, after Notre Dame everyone thought it was the best hire.

Not saying he should stay, but I agree many people looked at this as a good hire.

One our greatest players son was already committed to the previous coach before there was a coaching chance

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2023, 03:21:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One our greatest players son was already committed to the previous coach before there was a coaching chance

At least publicly, that's not true.  Huff was hired in January and Cole didn't commit until June.   He may have committed privately to the previous coach, but Cole had plenty of time to change his plans if he didn't want to play for Huff. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2023, 03:38:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Spears needs to take his vests and go somewhere too. Not sure what he has done that give people any confidence...

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdman22

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2023, 04:18:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Spears needs to take his vests and go somewhere too. Not sure what he has done that give people any confidence...
    He's brought in a good softball coach and women's basketball coach.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, svherd, chris88

Offline svherd

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2023, 04:22:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's brought in a good softball coach and women's basketball coach.

Plus got the baseball stadium built. Improved the game day experience for football and supports mens soccer heavily. He is indeed in a tough spot with Huff and Dan. We'll see what happens. He isn't the final say on firings.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88, luckytoes99, overherd1

Offline elginherd

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2023, 04:26:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Not to mention shepherding some major improvements in facilities.
    Spears has done a good job so far.
    There's no way he was going to can a football coach after a 9-4 season or a basketball after a 23 win season.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2023, 04:35:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Can?t say that yet ...

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, s1uggo, FilmJunky

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2023, 04:40:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can?t say that yet ...

maybe if you substitute "good" with "popular", i could agree with that

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2023, 04:56:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So I assume you can put this "Rumor to rest".

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2023, 05:04:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• maybe if you substitute "good" with "popular", i could agree with that

Thank you.  West Virginia strong

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2023, 05:04:20 PM »

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2023, 05:36:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • These are "my" personal feelings about the hiring of coach Huff (and let me be perfectly clear I have NO IDEAL really what happened).
    1. He had a pretty good resume (been on Alabama, Penn State, etc. staffs)
    2. Very well spoken
    3. Satisfies another minority issue
    4. He would accept the position with an agreeable salary
    5. An assumption could have been made that he had very good connections with other "big name" coaches, etc.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2023, 05:45:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sigh, it looks like he's staying. Ticket sales and fan morale are going to crater to 2009 Snyder levels.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2023, 05:46:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sigh, it looks like he's staying. Ticket sales and fan morale are going to crater to 2009 Snyder levels.

It's weird that there is NOTHING from the AD! 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2023, 05:46:52 PM »