Author Topic: Rumor: Huff resigning  (Read 6721 times)

Online Herd72

Re: Rumor: Huff resigning
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2023, 12:35:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMHO He will be here as long as he wants to be. No university will fire a minority coach in this day and age. I guarantee there would be cries of racism and protests. I just want a good coach if any ethnicity to field an exciting brand of football. I am an old man and want to see another great Herd team before my time is up.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2023, 12:35:39 PM »

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2023, 12:58:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMHO He will be here as long as he wants to be. No university will fire a minority coach in this day and age. I guarantee there would be cries of racism and protests.

That is an utterly insane and factually wrong thing to say. The following minority FBS coaches were fired just in the last 2 years:

Mel Tucker
    Andy Avalos
    Dino Babers
    Danny Gonzales
    Herm Edwards
    Karl Dorrell
    Willie Taggart
    David Shaw
    Marcus Arroyo
    Ken Niumatalolo

I doubt there was one protest saying any of these people were fired because of their race.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2023, 01:00:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMHO He will be here as long as he wants to be. No university will fire a minority coach in this day and age. I guarantee there would be cries of racism and protests. I just want a good coach if any ethnicity to field an exciting brand of football. I am an old man and want to see another great Herd team before my time is up.

You are so wrong. But if some people did say that after a coach gets worse every year and talks down the fans and school along with the community then you tell them to pound sand and move on anyway.

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, ed swain

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2023, 01:02:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/herdfbequipment/status/1733171927139635645?s=46&t=_lrloIxZb37UW60tvCdBmg

Just posted by Herd Equipment. I think that settles that, until at least after the bowl game. No way his name tag was just in there ?by chance?.

This is definitely the clarifying "statement" we've been waiting for from someone official.  He's going nowhere for at least 12 months.

Offline MarshallHerdFan99

Rumor: Huff resigning
    « Reply #104 on: December 08, 2023, 01:07:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• This is definitely the clarifying "statement" we've been waiting for from someone official.  He's going nowhere for at least 12 months.
    While it is possible they either wait until the bowl game or it?s even possible the department doesn?t know yet. Maybe the Equipment Manager did it themselves. But I agree it?s likely he?s staying.

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2023, 01:38:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really think this time, Spears/Brad Smith, are underestimating how done 85% of the fanbase is completely done with Huff.  We all make mistakes but he has done this a couple of times.  He doesn't like MU or Huntington.

Get him out of here.
    And yet if he starts 4-0 next year the fans will be clamoring about an undefeated season and all will be forgotten.

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2023, 02:10:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• This is definitely the clarifying "statement" we've been waiting for from someone official.  He's going nowhere for at least 12 months.
    Tweet has been removed. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan, SuperAnjario

Online svherd

« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2023, 02:31:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And yet if he starts 4-0 next year the fans will be clamoring about an undefeated season and all will be forgotten.

Nope. He won't start 4-0, maybe 1-3. And we'll never go undefeated again.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Mako

« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2023, 02:37:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is an utterly insane and factually wrong thing to say. The following minority FBS coaches were fired just in the last 2 years:

Mel Tucker
    Andy Avalos
    Dino Babers
    Danny Gonzales
    Herm Edwards
    Karl Dorrell
    Willie Taggart
    David Shaw
    Marcus Arroyo
    Ken Niumatalolo

I doubt there was one protest saying any of these people were fired because of their race.

In the future, please refrain from confronting old white man rants with actual facts thank you. 
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Offline herd2win

« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2023, 02:45:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I may be in the minority but I feel worse today than Wednesday.  I love MU and have a great heritage with the school and I don't want to pay a guy almost a million dollars a year to put down my school.

I just can't let this go.  I will cheer for the players but will not forgive Huff.  MU may not be for everyone but we are paying him almost a million dollars to promote our school and win games.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, MUinDE, ru4mu2, muherd34, mu79grad, ed swain, Herdalum94

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2023, 02:53:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And yet if he starts 4-0 next year the fans will be clamoring about an undefeated season and all will be forgotten.

Well that would an include a win at Ohio State so, um, probably, lol. But based off recent trends, we'd go on to finish 7-5 and 5th in the SBC East.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2023, 02:57:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tweet has been removed.
    Wow. That's odd.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Johns1124

HerdFans.com

« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2023, 02:57:37 PM »

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2023, 03:01:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could be resolved after the bowl.

I know, it sounds crazy. I thought so too.

If this is true, it's absolutely insane we're making the same mistake two coaches in a row. Almost every other program (if not literally every one of them?) fires their coach within a day or two after the regular season if they're gonna do it.

Waiting the extra two or three weeks puts you at such a disadvantage in recruiting and finding a new coach. Even non-playoff NY6 bowls aren't taken seriously by most teams so why should we put ourselves behind the eight ball just to maybe have a marginally better chance to win the the damn Coffee Bowl?

The new administration is just as bad as the last one when it comes to a crippling fear of just ripping the bandaid off. But at this point, I guess better late than never because the fan revolt is going to be ugly beyond belief if the Marshall beater stays.
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 03:03:51 PM by gochneaur645 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUinDE, MUsince96, ThunderCat98, Herdalum94, herdorbust2

Offline whf

« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2023, 03:04:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What did this tweet say?

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2023, 03:06:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff is not getting fired over that comment. Get real.

But he needs fired over his performance. But they'll give him at least one more year to right the ship.

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2023, 03:35:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What did this tweet say?
    Didn't really say anything specific. Basically showed the bowl patches the team would be wearing on their jerseys, and sitting next to that was an all access pass with coach Huff's name on it.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, whf

Offline coalherd

« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2023, 10:16:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we lay a big "egg" in the Bowl and undergo a total thrashing, it's going to be a very, very tenuous sports atmosphere around the MU campus this Spring, especially if our other revenue sports team has a season long disaster and continues its disastrous start with more of the same right on into March.

Will be a lot of "walking on eggshells" among MU administrators, etc., and not just in the Athletic Department.  Even more so, IMO, there will be increased and smoldering rumbles among and across Herd Nation in all segments, some surely on the verge of erupting and exploding!!

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, herdorbust2

Online ed swain

« Reply #117 on: December 09, 2023, 01:19:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • After the rumor some of were real excited.The let down has many of us depressed and hopeless for next season!

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2023, 08:10:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not much new in what Chuck Landon wrote but at least he did let the public know it's been a mess around the Shewey building.  From the Herald-Dispatch:  https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/chuck-landon-mu-football-wracked-with-turmoil/article_d7129157-e4d4-51d0-8d92-f2b5642e05aa.html

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2023, 08:21:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is an utterly insane and factually wrong thing to say. The following minority FBS coaches were fired just in the last 2 years:

Mel Tucker
    Andy Avalos
    Dino Babers
    Danny Gonzales
    Herm Edwards
    Karl Dorrell
    Willie Taggart
    David Shaw
    Marcus Arroyo
    Ken Niumatalolo

Exactly.  Silly comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline andy31

« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2023, 08:26:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not much new in what Chuck Landon wrote but at least he did let the public know it's been a mess around the Shewey building.  From the Herald-Dispatch:  https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/chuck-landon-mu-football-wracked-with-turmoil/article_d7129157-e4d4-51d0-8d92-f2b5642e05aa.html

What is Chuck?s weird obsession with riding for Bill Legg? This is like the 3rd column in two weeks he?s complained about his firing. Anyone with eyes could see the offensive line was easily the worst unit on this team.  I know this observation is off topic to this thread, but he needs to give it a rest. Firing Legg is a top 5 coaching move Huff made all year.

The following users thanked this post: D1

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2023, 08:26:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chuck told it like it is. Although I disagree about Legg
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 08:30:14 AM by ThunderValley »

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

HerdFans.com

« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2023, 08:26:43 AM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #122 on: December 09, 2023, 08:49:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is Chuck?s weird obsession with riding for Bill Legg? This is like the 3rd column in two weeks he?s complained about his firing. Anyone with eyes could see the offensive line was easily the worst unit on this team.  I know this observation is off topic to this thread, but he needs to give it a rest. Firing Legg is a top 5 coaching move Huff made all year.

Clearly Landon and Legg are friends

Legg did a horrible job w the O line

Offline whf

« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2023, 10:36:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know I am an outlier on Legg, have been for a long time.  I believe he has been a dedicated and
    employee of the football program for a long time, off and on, selecting to serve Marshall and its fans with the best he has/had.  And, for the most part, I think that was more than sufficient. 

And Morrison, although the LBs had havoc during a three game period when the new guys were all cast in, our linebacker play has been tremendous for a couple years.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #123 on: December 09, 2023, 10:36:09 AM »