Author Topic: AB-InBev Selling off Craft Brands  (Read 89 times)

Online Flat Tire 2

AB-InBev Selling off Craft Brands
« on: August 08, 2023, 08:57:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Craft beer fans I never cared for the Blue Point products, but I like several of the Widmer; Breckenridge and Red Hook products which are hard to find in my part of Florida. I didn't realize SweetWater (just purchased some Hazy IPA) had a corporate owner.

Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB-InBev) announced today that it will sell eight craft brands to Tilray Brands, significantly cutting AB-InBev?s craft beer portfolio. Tilray, a Canadian cannabis company, will expand its growing craft holdings, which currently include SweetWater Brewing, Montauk Brewing, Green Flash, and Alpine Beer Co. The deal is expected to close in September, 2023.

The momentous deal will include Shock Top, Breckenridge Brewery, Blue Point Brewing Company, 10 Barrel Brewing Company, Redhook Brewery, Widmer Brothers Brewing, Square Mile Cider Company, and Hiball Energy, which AB-Inbev discontinued in May of this year. The purchase price is equal to $85 million in cash, according to an 8-K filing by Tilray.

The transaction will include current employees, breweries, and associated brewpubs. In total, Tilray will acquire production facilities in Portland and Bend, Ore., Littleton, Colo., and Patchogue, N.Y., as well as eight new brewpubs across the country.
    https://vinepair.com/booze-news/anheuser-busch-tilray-deal/

HerdFans.com

AB-InBev Selling off Craft Brands
    « on: August 08, 2023, 08:57:01 AM »