Author Topic: Lord Haw Haw  (Read 792 times)

Offline Flat Tire 2

Lord Haw Haw
« on: August 05, 2023, 07:31:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just curious if any other posters received a long rambling PM from Lord Haw Haw? He is very upset I brought up the horrible doc home loss to a bad Akron team. He is definitely a doc sucker and is unhappy with the the hiring of Coach Huff.

He is also upset that I post information about new or improve academic programs at MU.

I am curious if other posters are upset when I post information regarding new or expanded programs at MU?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 08:57:50 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

HerdFans.com

Lord Haw Haw
    « on: August 05, 2023, 07:31:12 AM »

Offline herdfifteen

Re: Lord Haw Haw
    « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 07:37:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just curious if any other posters received a long rambling PM from Lord Haw Haw? He is very upset I brought up the horrible doc home loss to a bad Akron team. He is definitely a doc sucker and is unhappy with the the hiring of Coach Huff.

He is also upset that I post information about new or improve academic programs at MU.

I am curious if other posters are upset when I post information regarding new or expanded programs at MU?

I am wondering if I should post his PM to me?
    I am very pleased you keep us updated on what is happening at Marshall aside from the athletics.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, herdtown, Stripeshrt, mr_ash_1995, usedcars1, ed swain, Flat Tire 2, luckytoes99

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 07:50:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sturt was famous for his long rambling PMs to various board members, I know both E-man and myself used to get them.  Frequently and even shriller than his public posts.

As for your posting Marshall related articles that aren't sports related; I appreciate them.  I realize some people consider this a sports related only site, I consider it a Marshall related site.  Marshall after all is supposed to be an educational institution with a sports program being a part of the larger whole.  For those us living outside the limited Huntington area this site is one of our prime sources of information on the school we love.

From my perspective keep the info coming and don't let the lunatic fringe get you down.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, usedcars1, Flat Tire 2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 08:18:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sturt was famous for his long rambling PMs to various board members, I know both E-man and myself used to get them.  Frequently and even shriller than his public posts.

As for your posting Marshall related articles that aren't sports related; I appreciate them.  I realize some people consider this a sports related only site, I consider it a Marshall related site.  Marshall after all is supposed to be an educational institution with a sports program being a part of the larger whole.  For those us living outside the limited Huntington area this site is one of our prime sources of information on the school we love.

From my perspective keep the info coming and don't let the lunatic fringe get you down.

Thanks, I agree and I am interested in Marshall U information since I don't live in the area. I think any improvements at Marshall are good for the school and the general area.

What really surprised me was that Lord Haw-Haw is against new or expanded programs at MU like the Pharmacy School.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 08:45:20 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline muherd34

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 08:44:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I am wondering if I should post his PM to me?

I appreciate any and all information shared! Keep up the good work, weird a "rookie" would reach put that way imo.  My guess is he is a blast from the past

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline puma

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 09:18:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like posts about the university and community as a whole as well as college football realignment news that will eventually impact the Sunbelt (even if just changes in the conference pecking order) in the coming months. It's not like that sort of stuff is overwhelming the main board in the off season.

I'm also expecting some new long ramblings in the next month. There are quite a few people that believe Doc, Hamrick, and DD were treated unfairly and are absolutely champing at the bit to get some payback. Between that and a backup QB with a certain last name riding the bench, things are going to be ugly this fall.

Offline Collis P

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2023, 09:33:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Thanks - just added Hew Haw to ignore list!!
    S M I L E -

Offline goherd24

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2023, 10:20:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am pretty sure haw haw is sturt.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2023, 10:32:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am pretty sure haw haw is sturt.

I know he detracts from the board as much as Sturt did.  We seem have an unduly large number of relatively new posters that think being a A-hole is a proper way to post.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 11:27:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know he detracts from the board as much as Sturt did.  We seem have an unduly large number of relatively new posters that think being a A-hole is a proper way to post.
    Right? They have to earn being an A hole with 10k posts and years of work, like I did lolol.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline svherd

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2023, 01:07:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Flat is a great poster. Always enjoy his thoughts. Haw Haw could be one of many not happy with Huff or the AD. I just chalk it up to immaturity and inability to look at other opinions. People tend to forget we're all on the same team here. We may not always agree on the process but all want MU to succeed on every level.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Big City, Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 03:17:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Regarding sturt, I never interacted with him or read his posts. I just ignored him. Lord haw-haw PM to me contained the following quotation

"Your frequent copy and paste postings of just launched or soon to be implemented Marshall University academic programs that are funded by generous federal/state grants is obviously an attempt to deify Marshall University within this message board."

Does the above sound like something sturt might post? He sounds like wvu troll to me. He doesn't seem to care about Marshall with that attitude.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 03:17:38 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2023, 08:50:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Regarding sturt, I never interacted with him or read his posts. I just ignored him. Lord haw-haw PM to me contained the following quotation

"Your frequent copy and paste postings of just launched or soon to be implemented Marshall University academic programs that are funded by generous federal/state grants is obviously an attempt to deify Marshall University within this message board."

Does the above sound like something sturt might post? He sounds like wvu troll to me. He doesn't seem to care about Marshall with that attitude.
    [/img]

". . . deify Marshall University . . ." on a MU board!! Who'd a "thunk it"??

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #13 on: August 05, 2023, 10:57:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • People tend to forget we're all on the same team here. We may not always agree on the process but all want MU to succeed on every level.

Preach it, so many do not understand this.   I think a lot of the nonsense that happens on here is because posters are anonymous for the most part. 

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2023, 10:57:41 PM »