Author Topic: BLeft?  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Stripeshrt

BLeft?
« on: August 05, 2023, 12:38:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has anyone seen or heard anything about Leftwich? Seems odd that a guy mentioned in the 1st breath of frequent NFL openings drops completely off the radar.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, goherd24

HerdFans.com

BLeft?
    « on: August 05, 2023, 12:38:00 AM »

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

Re: BLeft?
    « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2023, 06:43:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Still Chase Litton was a great quarterback for Marshall University, in 3 years. Despite what the CENSORS and Big Jim Slade say HERE. He was an exemplary player for the Herd, despite his four (4) interceptions at Florida Atlantic for the de facto East Division Title in the C-USA in 2017. People forget about him here. They gloss over his accomplishments. He was a Picasso or a Drunk staggering home. I hated him for years on twitter and other social media, now I really like him. Prodigal son.

The following users thanked this post: MUtim

Offline beau42m

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2023, 08:01:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • * Beau42m loves Chase Litton also.

Offline beau42m

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 08:06:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We'll see with Cam Fancher qualified to mop up against FIU, leading 38-0 (2021). Pick on somebody your own size, chump.

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2023, 08:11:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, Gnarls, what's the call now? You've sunk your career on Cam. Do you have any doubts/reservations/regrets? You should.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2023, 10:19:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has anyone seen or heard anything about Leftwich? Seems odd that a guy mentioned in the 1st breath of frequent NFL openings drops completely off the radar.

He'll be speaking at the QB club event at mountain health this month.

He made a mistake turning down the HC job in the NFL, he could have failed but been rehired over and over once he achieved that position. They made him the scape goat for Brady's demise at OC, and he'll never recover for that in the pros IMO. Maybe we can get him here for the next coaching gig next season.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2023, 10:22:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He'll be speaking at the QB club event at mountain health this month.

He made a mistake turning down the HC job in the NFL, he could have failed but been rehired over and over once he achieved that position. They made him the scape goat for Brady's demise at OC, and he'll never recover for that in the pros IMO. Maybe we can get him here for the next coaching gig next season.
    Well, that would be great and means we had a great season this year otherwise Huff will still be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline goherd24

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2023, 10:23:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, that would be great and means we had a great season this year otherwise Huff will still be here.

Uh huh.... Whatever you say.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline puma

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2023, 10:35:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Uh huh.... Whatever you say.

He has two years left on his contract. The only way he goes anywhere is if he gets a job somewhere else after a great season. It's highly unlikely the BoG would buy him out for one year even if he pulled a Doc and had a 2016-like season.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 10:56:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He has two years left on his contract. The only way he goes anywhere is if he gets a job somewhere else after a great season. It's highly unlikely the BoG would buy him out for one year even if he pulled a Doc and had a 2016-like season.
    Thank you. 

I'll just go with the "whatever you say to 24" who seems to think we fire coach huff if he goes 7-5 or 8-4 with no title.  No way that happens.  He leaves on his own barring a total collapse.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2023, 11:05:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff has a sure Qb, with his offensive style of physical play and on both sides - not losing much. 
    This year I like for our offense to be very very physical.   D needs a few games then lights out. 

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 11:25:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank you. 

I'll just go with the "whatever you say to 24" who seems to think we fire coach huff if he goes 7-5 or 8-4 with no title.  No way that happens.  He leaves on his own barring a total collapse.

I just think it's funny how 24 thinks football should dominate but is ok with basketball coming up short over and over again. Everyone knows I also took up for Dan because he gave us that one season. But he has been here 10 years and his body of work is no different than what Docs was. Last few years we can't even get past the first tournament game. And to make matters worse, there isn't even any urgency to take another step on the ladder. At least Huff recruits non stop and is always trying to make his team better. Personally I think it's going to be a very fun year in football.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, chris88

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 11:25:27 AM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2023, 11:26:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He has two years left on his contract. The only way he goes anywhere is if he gets a job somewhere else after a great season. It's highly unlikely the BoG would buy him out for one year even if he pulled a Doc and had a 2016-like season.
    Having a lame duck HC is more damaging than a buyout.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2023, 11:31:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Having a lame duck HC is more damaging than a buyout.

If Huff has an average season rather than spectacular success, or spectacular failure, I would think he would be assured of a contract extension that would eliminate a lame duck status. 

Offline goherd24

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2023, 11:31:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Huff has an average season rather than spectacular success, or spectacular failure, I would think he would be assured of a contract extension that would eliminate a lame duck status.
    I can confidently say, that would not happen

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2023, 11:35:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can confidently say, that would not happen

I see your confident predictions more as self-adsorbed arrogance rather than reliable predictions of the future.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline goherd24

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2023, 11:40:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I see your confident predictions more as self-adsorbed arrogance rather than reliable predictions of the future.

Yeah, whatever you like to think buddy. Just like johnson, alis jnjury, any number of other things. Come on back here next off season and let's see what happens. @#*^!s like you is why most people don't share information here anymore.

I stopped paying here due to big city, and I was maybe the last person sharing anything on the private board. I won't share anything else here either.
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 11:42:06 AM by goherd24 »

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2023, 12:49:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He'll be speaking at the QB club event at mountain health this month.

Bryon and Chad will both be attending the QB Club Reverse Raffle on August 19. I think this is the first time Byron has been back to MU for a long time? I am sure Bryon has been busy with pro football and that might have made it difficult for to get to Htown. I am guessing Coach Huff had a lot to do with getting Bryon back for the MU QB club event?

There is an article in today's H-D about the Reverse Raffle event.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, MicDrass1

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2023, 12:52:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, whatever you like to think buddy. Just like johnson, alis jnjury, any number of other things. Come on back here next off season and let's see what happens. @#*^!s like you is why most people don't share information here anymore.

I stopped paying here due to big city, and I was maybe the last person sharing anything on the private board. I won't share anything else here either.

^^^Knows way less than he claims^^^

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2023, 12:59:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • HC 17-24 yr olds is difficult.  Huff being able to control these guys and get a total team buy is amazing.  It seems to be happening.  He also surrounded himself with a good staff and support staff.  Our DB coach is a stud.  Whatever happened to Stephen Gilmore?

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2023, 01:02:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • « Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 01:03:53 PM by MicDrass1 »

Offline svherd

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2023, 01:10:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great to see Byron coming back. Hopefully those guys can visit with the team a bit.

Litton sucked and was a cancer to this program. Hopefully he's matured and doing well in life.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2023, 01:10:19 PM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2023, 01:11:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• ^^^Knows way less than he claims^^^
    knows and does way more than you for Marshall.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2023, 01:14:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• ^^^Knows way less than he claims^^^

Da-da-da-don't say that.  Didn't you read his post?  The board is about to crumble.  He isn't going to say anything more , or at least not till next off season, or Huffs departure at the end of the season, or maybe after lunch.

After the board falls due to his boycott, Marshall shall cease to exist, then Huntington will shrivel into a ghost town.  Humanity is doomed, Woe is me. 

Edit:

Oh wait!  He's already posted again.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2023, 01:19:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I just think it's funny how 24 thinks football should dominate but is ok with basketball coming up short over and over again. Everyone knows I also took up for Dan because he gave us that one season. But he has been here 10 years and his body of work is no different than what Docs was. Last few years we can't even get past the first tournament game. And to make matters worse, there isn't even any urgency to take another step on the ladder. At least Huff recruits non stop and is always trying to make his team better. Personally I think it's going to be a very fun year in football.
    Go away troll. I'm not ok with basketball not winning and I've never said that, I'm just not some not so smartbag like you that flips and flops every other post and hates Dan because he stopped letting you come to practices. We should have moved on from Dan, but they didn't.

I expect us to win in football and basketball. Football moreso, absolutely. It's where the majority of the money is spent, and where almost all the focus is at Marshall.

I really wish you could drop your vendetta with Dantoni, and with me and just be better.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 01:27:20 PM by goherd24 »

The following users thanked this post: usedcars1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2023, 01:19:43 PM »