Author Topic: Daniel Batcho  (Read 3485 times)

Offline mubowhunter

Daniel Batcho
« on: April 20, 2023, 08:48:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do we even have a shot at this guy?  He would dominate the Sunbelt!  Please tell me he?s at least visiting.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

HerdFans.com

Daniel Batcho
    « on: April 20, 2023, 08:48:50 PM »

Offline scope58

Re: Daniel Batcho
    « Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 09:42:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do we even have a shot at this guy?  He would dominate the Sunbelt!  Please tell me he?s at least visiting.
    It would be a great get but I doubt it. I heard that there could be a connection with him and the other marshall player , being that they are both from the same region of France. That?s not much to go on though.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2023, 10:58:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • AT is from a small island off coast of Africa that is a French territory.  So...if this guy is from France it's BS if he's from this small French island they likely do have connection.  My read = BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2023, 11:09:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • AT is from a small island off coast of Africa that is a French territory.  So...if this guy is from France it's BS if he's from this small French island they likely do have connection.  My read = BS

They would speak the same language and  would have a lot of  common customs. AT's home--""Saint-Denis is the prefecture (administrative seat) of the French island of R?union. The island lies between Mauritius and Madagascar and has the status of a French Overseas Department and is officially an administrative division of France."" The official language on Reunion is French.

In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Online ru4mu2

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2023, 07:07:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

one of my favorites lol

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2023, 07:37:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He has NOT as of yet committed to visiting.
    San Diego St seems to have the upper hand as of now
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, pembrook burrows III

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 07:56:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Thanks for heads up

So it's Loveday

I say get him on board

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline scope58

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2023, 08:19:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    He needs to get a quick point Meister. A guy that can get the rest of the team involved.
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 08:34:40 AM by scope58 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, herdorbust2

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #8 on: April 21, 2023, 09:02:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He needs to get a quick point Meister. A guy that can get the rest of the team involved.

100% but clearly it's not gonna happen

Smart

The following users thanked this post: svherd, scope58

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2023, 09:11:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 100% but clearly it's not gonna happen

Smart

Sad but true.

Online svherd

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2023, 09:14:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There's a boatload of kids in the portal at every position. If we can't get Loveday, shouldn't be hard at all to pick up a solid player - as long as the staff puts in the effort.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2023, 10:17:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He needs to get a quick point Meister. A guy that can get the rest of the team involved.

I'm sure if you ask Dan he'll say he already signed a PG last fall in Ryan Nutter.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2023, 10:17:17 AM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2023, 10:33:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm sure if you ask Dan he'll say he already signed a PG last fall in Ryan Nutter.

No doubt he would. So he has Nutter and Braun as the only 2 guards going into 24-25. Huge risk!!!

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2023, 10:33:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quit dreaming about a PG to get people involved. Those days are over in college basketball. Have to have 4 if not 5 guys that can score and 4 of them need to be able to knock down the 3. Position-less basketball. That's what you saw in the final 4 besides whoever was playing center it did not matter who brought it up or initiated the offense. Go get guys who can play 1-4 and switch everything. The old game of basketball has changed people. WAKE UP

1. Dan isn't going to take the ball out of Andys hands plus how do we play defense with another smaller guard on the court? Wings and depth inside is what we need.

2. You can't run a lineup of Andy Curfman and another small guard and expect to be good on defense or rebound.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2023, 10:42:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quit dreaming about a PG to get people involved. Those days are over in college basketball. Have to have 4 if not 5 guys that can score and 4 of them need to be able to knock down the 3. Position-less basketball. That's what you saw in the final 4 besides whoever was playing center it did not matter who brought it up or initiated the offense. Go get guys who can play 1-4 and switch everything. The old game of basketball has changed people. WAKE UP

1. Dan isn't going to take the ball out of Andys hands plus how do we play defense with another smaller guard on the court? Wings and depth inside is what we need.

2. You can't run a lineup of Andy Curfman and another small guard and expect to be good on defense or rebound.

You have to have guards and quickness period. You can't have 4 guys 6'8 and above lumbering around out there. Ball handling and quickness is key to breaking down a defense. But you are right about not taking the ball out of Andrews hands. I'm sure he will put up about 25-30 shots a game while the rest of the team watches.

Online svherd

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2023, 11:23:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You have to have guards and quickness period. You can't have 4 guys 6'8 and above lumbering around out there. Ball handling and quickness is key to breaking down a defense. But you are right about not taking the ball out of Andrews hands. I'm sure he will put up about 25-30 shots a game while the rest of the team watches.

If I am an opposing coach, I put my best defender on Andrew and rotate fresh guys to help out. That would be hard for us to overcome.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Collis P, ed swain, herdorbust2

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2023, 01:01:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You have to have guards and quickness period. You can't have 4 guys 6'8 and above lumbering around out there. Ball handling and quickness is key to breaking down a defense. But you are right about not taking the ball out of Andrews hands. I'm sure he will put up about 25-30 shots a game while the rest of the team watches.

I'm not saying we need 4 guys 6'8 out there but you cant have 3 guys under 6'3" either. Ball movement breaks down a defense as quick or quicker than ball handling.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2023, 01:02:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not saying we need 4 guys 6'8 out there but you cant have 3 guys under 6'3" either. Ball movement breaks down a defense as quick or quicker than ball handling.

Tell that to FAU.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, yogiherd, parshall2marshall, svherd, ed swain, scope58

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2023, 01:07:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

FAU's starting lineup had 4 guards ranging from 6'0 to 6'4. They were 17th nationally in rebounding margin.

And, yes, having a PG who can facilitate is just as important as its ever been.
    « Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 01:09:16 PM by gochneaur645 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, yogiherd, svherd, ed swain, MicDrass1, scope58, herdorbust2

Offline coalherd

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2023, 07:00:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

So, that would be San Diego versus HUNTINGTON!!!!   Ummmmm, . . . tough call!!

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2023, 07:26:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

A poll came out this week of the top 25 PG in all of the US. Andrew Taylor is #18. I think Danny is ok with that
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, usedcars1, Collis P

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2023, 07:31:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• No doubt he would. So he has Nutter and Braun as the only 2 guards going into 24-25. Huge risk!!!

Add Jacob Conner to that list. He will get action at the 2 and 3 this year.  Of course we have three years of Crawford as well
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2023, 07:31:34 AM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2023, 09:28:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Add Jacob Conner to that list. He will get action at the 2 and 3 this year.  Of course we have three years of Crawford as well

Jacob is more of a 3. He could play the 2 on offense but no way he can guard small quick guards on defense. And first off Nutter may very well not pan out. And Braun hasnt been good enough either. Right now there is a clear void for the 24-25 season.

Offline Herd2believe

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2023, 09:57:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Poll or not, I still think AT is a shooting guard playing point.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, herd33, herdorbust2

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2023, 11:41:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So, that would be San Diego versus HUNTINGTON!!!!   Ummmmm, . . . tough call!!

Maybe playing for the national runner up versus a SBC team that lost its first game in the conference tournament is more important than location?
    « Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 11:43:26 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2023, 11:41:22 AM »