Author Topic: TV  (Read 179 times)

Online Always THE HERD

TV
« on: January 21, 2023, 10:12:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Considering buying a new tv. What "type" would you suggest (and why)? Not too concerned at this time with the "brand"....just the typ. Will get into brands later. Thank you in advance.

HerdFans.com

TV
    « on: January 21, 2023, 10:12:36 AM »

Online Always THE HERD

Re: TV
    « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 09:10:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bump....still requesting help/guidence.

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2023, 10:27:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bump....still requesting help/guidence.
    Guess it depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.  I have two of these, one 5 years old that's a roku and they other about 7 months old that's a fire.  Meets our needs just fine.  I do wish I would have gone with the 65 with prices now under $400.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-55-class-f50-series-qled-4k-uhd-smart-fire-tv/6450248.p?skuId=6450248

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023, 10:49:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guess it depends on how much $$$ you want to spend.  I have two of these, one 5 years old that's a roku and they other about 7 months old that's a fire.  Meets our needs just fine.  I do wish I would have gone with the 65 with prices now under $400.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-55-class-f50-series-qled-4k-uhd-smart-fire-tv/6450248.p?skuId=6450248
    My problem is I don't know what "MOST" of the information even means (such as QLED 4K UHD Smart, LED, LCD, HDTV etc. I don't want to waste money on older technology, etc. I would like something larger than 46". Do I need Roku, Firestick, etc.? Just way too much for me to comprehend and that's why I would like advice.

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 12:26:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My problem is I don't know what "MOST" of the information even means (such as QLED 4K UHD Smart, LED, LCD, HDTV etc. I don't want to waste money on older technology, etc. I would like something larger than 46". Do I need Roku, Firestick, etc.? Just way too much for me to comprehend and that's why I would like advice.
    roku or fire just turns the tv into a smart tv.  If you do any streaming, they are needed.   Although you can also just buy a roku or fire stick as well.

Offline Big City

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2023, 12:03:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My suggestion is to go to Best Buy and spend sometime asking questions and looking at the quality of the picture. I suggest best buy because you can talk to someone that actually knows a little about each TV and FABs. In turn the associate at Best Buy should ask you some questions such as what do you normally watch, what is your cable or ISP, understand your viewing environment etc

In our house we use Roku, Apple TV, Fire stick and a couple of Samsung TVs with their own service. I prefer Roku but I like them all and this can likely be attributed to the fact they are the screens I watch the most.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 01:01:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Consumer Reports might be a source for you. Check your local library to see if it has the resource. You can get a digital access to CR for $26 per year, and it is well worth it.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2023, 01:01:19 PM »