Author Topic: MU vs JMU Game thread  (Read 2640 times)

Offline HoPPy785

Re: MU vs JMU Game thread
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2022, 05:16:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With the way yall talk about oak maybe he should just hit the portal and make yall happy

I seriously doubt anyone on this board wishes we didn't have OAK. He's a crucial part of our team and we'd be in trouble without him.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2022, 05:16:30 PM »

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2022, 05:21:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I seriously doubt anyone on this board wishes we didn't have OAK. He's a crucial part of our team and we'd be in trouble without him.

He murdered us by shooting 4 3s.  He should be told if he ever shoots another, he loses scholarship.

His FT shooting abysmal.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, coalherd

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2022, 05:22:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I seriously doubt anyone on this board wishes we didn't have OAK. He's a crucial part of our team and we'd be in trouble without him.

Exactly. I love Oak but he needs to develop more offense around the basket and work a LOT on FTs.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, HoPPy785

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2022, 05:26:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Need more shooters / penetrating players
    While I realize he has been injured I have been disappointed in Conner and thought he would fill this role. He doesn't  appear to have any effect when he enters the game, when Fricks enters he immediately adds energy to the team.

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #104 on: December 31, 2022, 05:30:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With the way yall talk about oak maybe he should just hit the portal and make yall happy

I love Obinna but come on man

He is a terrible 3 point shooter this year and shouldn't shoot anymore 3s until he has worked his arse off to get his stroke back

He also needs to shoot about a million free throws

Go Herd!

Online ru4mu2

« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2022, 05:34:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While I realize he has been injured I have been disappointed in Conner and thought he would fill this role. He doesn't  appear to have any effect when he enters the game, when Fricks enters he immediately adds energy to the team.
    agree.  And Early needs more minutes!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan129

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #106 on: December 31, 2022, 05:34:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Micah needs to go strong to the rack. Dunk the ball man!

Taylor needs to play at least 5 minutes less a game. He is wearing down already and we have a long way to go.

Roster is weak thanks to DD's terrible recruiting, so Early has to be the guy to spell Taylor and Curfman.

Coach him up and make it work DD

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, ru4mu2, mu79grad, The E-Man, HoPPy785, coalherd

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2022, 05:40:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Micah needs to go strong to the rack. Dunk the ball man!

Taylor needs to play at least 5 minutes less a game. He is wearing down already and we have a long way to go.

Roster is weak thanks to DD's terrible recruiting, so Early has to be the guy to spell Taylor and Curfman.

Coach him up and make it work DD

I'm a little baffled by Early. He always seems to do just fine when in the game. I'm obviously not seeing something the staff does because I certainly don't feel like he makes us worse and often adds points. Completely agree AT needs a rest at times. I also think we play Goran a smidge too long at times.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline girthyherdon

« Reply #108 on: December 31, 2022, 05:49:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah I think Early is getting hosed on playing time. Came in today and immediately hit a 3 and plays good D.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Flat Tire 2, herdfan129

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #109 on: December 31, 2022, 05:55:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just got home. Haven't read through everything but I'll just add the obvious issue today. Free throws.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, wlf, HoPPy785

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2022, 06:00:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

If memory serves me right you are from Chapmanville and close to OAK. A little advice, message boards may not be the best place for you. As to OAK, what people are saying is not necessarily wrong. He is 2-24 from behind the 3 point line and most opposing teams are going to let him have that shot ALL night until he proves he can make it. Oak's strengths are his defense, rebounding, shot blockings, setting picks, and the little half hook shot around the bucket. In others words, he brings A LOT to the table, but his outside shot is not one of them.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, mu79grad, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, HoPPy785

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2022, 06:06:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm a little baffled by Early. He always seems to do just fine when in the game. I'm obviously not seeing something the staff does because I certainly don't feel like he makes us worse and often adds points. Completely agree AT needs a rest at times. I also think we play Goran a smidge too long at times.

He slows us down at the guard spot. To much dribbling and not very quick. I had high hopes for him but he just can't seem to grasp the style of play. We are one good extra guard away from being really good. Andrew and Curfman needs about 4/5 minutes more break a game.

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785

HerdFans.com

« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2022, 06:06:04 PM »

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2022, 06:06:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan echoed much of the level headed statements on here during the post game presser. He seems to agree about the deficiencies in this one.

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2022, 06:08:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He slows us down at the guard spot. To much dribbling and not very quick. I had high hopes for him but he just can't seem to grasp the style of play. We are one good extra guard away from being really good. Andrew and Curfman needs about 4/5 minutes more break a game.

That all makes sense for not starting or playing major minutes but he seems more than capable of giving rest to Taylor or Curfman for 2 or 3 mins a game without a major hit to the offense.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ru4mu2, herdfan129

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2022, 06:24:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That all makes sense for not starting or playing major minutes but he seems more than capable of giving rest to Taylor or Curfman for 2 or 3 mins a game without a major hit to the offense.

True.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HoPPy785

Offline MUther

« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2022, 06:32:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lord watch the danny haters come out like Muther. It was a bad night, against a decent team. We played our D game again. And lost. They shot well, we didn't. It's 1 game. We'll be fine.

That being said, I know Dan wants an open system, but Obinna should never shoot another 3 again. Ever. He is less than 10% from 3 on the season i believe. And free throws will bite you. We are one of the worst in the country and it hurt us today. We aren't going to play well enough to blow everyone out and when you don't, that's when the little things matter, rebounding, free throws, etc.

JMU played pretty well, maybe as good as they can with or.without their leading scorer, and we beat ourselves. Nobody can beat Marshall in the sunbelt but us, and i stand by that.

F U.  I didn't say anything about it except that we don't have the experience against good teams that they have.   I haven't said a word through any of these games including UNCG.  Your the one running your c0ck$ucker on the conference board telling everyone we're the best team in America.  Well, we're not.  Surprise.  You make bold statements and then back down when told to put your money where your mouth is.  You're a joke.  And you make the rest of us look like a-holes when you run your mouth.  You've been doing it for years and you're ALWAYS wrong.  As I recall we wouldn't even be in the Sunbelt if anyone important took your advice.  It wasn't enough money.  Because you were too stupid to realize that their new media deal didn't even go into effect yet.  You'd have us in FCS with the other CUSA remnants.  You point your sh1t somewhere else.  I'm not even throwing this loss in your face.  But I could after all the trash yuve been talking.  What we know after JMU?  You're still a d!ck and know zero about sports.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, svherd, ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2, SuperAnjario, girthyherdon

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2022, 06:48:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan did mention in the post game that JMU was more seasoned at this point in the season. Alluding to your point MUther that we haven't had to be in any battles like this with equal or better teams. Really wish this schedule had at least 2 P5s on it, but that's our own faults or maybe it's out of our control...
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 06:53:43 PM by HoPPy785 »

The following users thanked this post: forphase1

Offline coalherd

« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2022, 07:10:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, if we do have a flaw or deficiency in the area of lack of depth, and it apparently seems due to a player, or in our case, several players who ". . .can't seem to grasp the style of play", whose DAMN fault is that?  The players?  Or the head coach who, in year 9, keeps too many of those non-productive, "can't seem to grasp" players around?  Major college sports is a damn BUSINESS!  You either produce, or you won't be around very long.  Except perhaps, at Marshall, where, it seems, the Coach primarily wants to be everybody's "pal" and to be liked by everybody!!

Heck, I despise Bob Huggins as a person overall.   But he certainly understands college basketball in 2022.  Loses 8 players from a bad squad last season.  Brings in a mixture of JUCOS, high school players, portal transfers, etc. Now, back in the top 20 basically due to one year's recruiting!!  The way MOST quality head coaches in D1 ball do it today.  But D'Antoni, well, he certainly isn't DUMB by any stretch, but he certainly is too SLOW to change, to adapt, to react to changing circumstances, in game or in other aspects of the job duties as a D1 Head Coach!!
    « Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 07:25:15 PM by coalherd »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2022, 07:13:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ls get you better faster than Ws

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2022, 07:18:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He slows us down at the guard spot. To much dribbling and not very quick. I had high hopes for him but he just can't seem to grasp the style of play. We are one good extra guard away from being really good. Andrew and Curfman needs about 4/5 minutes more break a game.

This is what you say but he ALWAYS produces when he?s in so stop with the BS. He?s getting hosed especially when Marko is in over him.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2022, 07:20:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All I?m going to say is it?s basketball? never expected us to go undefeated. We didn?t play a great game and we were still in the game at the end.

Most importantly, our kids played hard the entire game and never gave up. That?s all I ask for. I?m proud of them even with this loss. On to the next one.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, HoPPy785

Offline coalherd

« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2022, 07:23:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ok old man. Glad you are finally coming out of the closet instead of hiding behind nicknames from 55 years ago lol!!!
    t

Cheer up, bust!  Dandy Dan will pet you on the head at Monday's practice, I'm sure!!  Ask him real nice, and he might give you a lollipop, too!!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: wesnky

HerdFans.com

« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2022, 07:23:03 PM »

Online svherd

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2022, 07:24:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Exactly. I love Oak but he needs to develop more offense around the basket and work a LOT on FTs.

Well, that's what the coaches are for.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Big City

« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2022, 07:31:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • F U.  I didn't say anything about it except that we don't have the experience against good teams that they have.   I haven't said a word through any of these games including UNCG.  Your the one running your c0ck$ucker on the conference board telling everyone we're the best team in America.  Well, we're not.  Surprise.  You make bold statements and then back down when told to put your money where your mouth is.  You're a joke.  And you make the rest of us look like a-holes when you run your mouth.  You've been doing it for years and you're ALWAYS wrong.  As I recall we wouldn't even be in the Sunbelt if anyone important took your advice.  It wasn't enough money.  Because you were too stupid to realize that their new media deal didn't even go into effect yet.  You'd have us in FCS with the other CUSA remnants.  You point your sh1t somewhere else.  I'm not even throwing this loss in your face.  But I could after all the trash yuve been talking.  What we know after JMU?  You're still a d!ck and know zero about sports.

You hit the nail on the head. 💯

IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Online ru4mu2

« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2022, 07:36:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    BS on Early.  He produces when he's in.  Crowd was into the game when he was in.  He played 6 minutes and no reason he shouldn't be playing 10 to 15. 

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Flat Tire 2, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2022, 07:36:06 PM »