Author Topic: Defiantly NHR, but I just couldn't resist posting this  (Read 464 times)

Online wasbarryb

Defiantly NHR, but I just couldn't resist posting this
« on: December 17, 2022, 11:13:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/former-player-explains-why-so-many-players-are-leaving-west-virginia/ar-AA15onRA?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=239f7bd3b9ca47aeb6027a92725dc700

Just can't resist taking solid shots at our "friends" up north.

As I read the article at times just couldn't help thinking isn't that similar to when "the Doc" was here at Marshall.

Just another reason to never hire anyone that comes to us through da hole.
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 11:34:04 AM by wasbarryb »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, The E-Man, elginherd

HerdFans.com

Defiantly NHR, but I just couldn't resist posting this
    « on: December 17, 2022, 11:13:15 AM »

Offline The E-Man

Re: Defiantly NHR, but I just couldn't resist posting this
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 11:28:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope the eerdiot fanbase misery last for years to come. One thing I've notice here in Huntington is less eerdiot apparel at stores and errdiot fans aren't running their mouths like they use to. I remind the eers of losing and not being able to compete in the Big 12 every chance I get. I even offered a few eer fans over to watch our bowl game, but the sadly refused, lol :P

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, wasbarryb, horsrman

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 11:36:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's a shame lol

F WVU

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline sleeinwv

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 11:38:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope the eerdiot fanbase misery last for years to come. One thing I've notice here in Huntington is less eerdiot apparel at stores and errdiot fans aren't running their mouths like they use to. I remind the eers of losing and not being able to compete in the Big 12 every chance I get. I even offered a few eer fans over to watch our bowl game, but the sadly refused, lol :P

Told all my eer buddies that they wouldn?t compete in the Big 12 when they joined but they wouldn?t listen.    And when I do bring it up they?re quick to say 0-12.    It?s  funny that?s all they have to hang their hat on.   

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2022, 11:42:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We played them at their absolute peak.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2022, 11:46:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Told all my eer buddies that they wouldn?t compete in the Big 12 when they joined but they wouldn?t listen.    And when I do bring it up they?re quick to say 0-12.    It?s  funny that?s all they have to hang their hat on.

Their gold turned to yellow when the tide started shifting.  They could see things were changing, couldn't handle it, and ran like scalded dogs.

Beginning to think we need to discuss this "Told all my eer buddies........".  Why expose yourself to such ignorance and lack of teeth?

Offline puma

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2022, 11:47:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know a lot of WVU fans who used to religiously trek up to Morgantown for every home game and they've all stopped over the past 5 or so years. WVU in the Big 12 makes about as much sense as Marshall in C-USA. Maybe their fortunes will improve with Cincinnati and UCF in their division, pod, or whatever they're doing.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2022, 12:06:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We played them at their absolute peak.

Yup ... and far from our peak and still blew a couple Ws. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2022, 12:10:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know a lot of WVU fans who used to religiously trek up to Morgantown for every home game and they've all stopped over the past 5 or so years. WVU in the Big 12 makes about as much sense as Marshall in C-USA. Maybe their fortunes will improve with Cincinnati and UCF in their division, pod, or whatever they're doing.

Well, UCLA and USC (the real one) are joining the Big 10 so a lot of conferences don't seem to be making sense.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2022, 01:00:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was rooting for Neil to win just enough to relegate USPAM to an extended decade+ period in football purgatory...in other words 5-7 wins with only 2 or 3 conference wins.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

Offline herdman22

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2022, 02:02:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pretty clear they don't like any coach that seems like a decent human being. Beilein, Stewart, Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2022, 03:32:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pretty clear they don't like any coach that seems like a decent human being. Beilein, Stewart, Brown.

As much as I hate the eers and don't want to say anything good about any of them,  I have to respectfully disagree with you on Stewart.  He went to the Hole from Marshall, never disavowed us. spoke well of Marshall, and supported the idea of the two schools playing each other.  Even in the lowest trash heap an occasional Jewell can be found.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2022, 03:32:32 PM »

Offline herdman22

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2022, 03:44:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I said he was a decent person. The 'Eers don't like anyone that a decent human being.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, chris88

Offline MUther

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2022, 03:48:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Brings up memories of the old Doc's Doghouse where players would be inexplicably banished for large chunks of a season or even years, while he played inferior players that kissed his arse.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline chris88

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2022, 06:22:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I said he was a decent person. The 'Eers don't like anyone that a decent human being.

Stewart was a terrific person. I wrote him a letter when he was HC at VMI and he wrote me back.  A class guy. Can't believe how some folks in Mtown treated him.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2022, 10:56:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stewart was a terrific person. I wrote him a letter when he was HC at VMI and he wrote me back.  A class guy. Can't believe how some folks in Mtown treated him.

I bet if he'd have blown that game against us he'd have passed even earlier than he did. 
    « Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 10:59:12 AM by HaveUherd »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2022, 10:56:57 AM »