Author Topic: Election results will take time .  (Read 952 times)

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

Election results will take time .
« on: November 07, 2022, 04:40:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Of course it does , how convenient . Its amazing that every other country in the world that votes can have the results by midnight but the US somehow just cant get it figured out .

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-warns-elections-results-may-not-clear-few-days-election-takes-time

HerdFans.com

Election results will take time .
    « on: November 07, 2022, 04:40:10 PM »

Offline mckayt

Re: Election results will take time .
    « Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 08:38:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Of course it does , how convenient . Its amazing that every other country in the world that votes can have the results by midnight but the US somehow just cant get it figured out .

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-warns-elections-results-may-not-clear-few-days-election-takes-time

What does every other country do differently?

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2022, 07:25:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Florida is the 3rd most populous state and can have their votes counted in a day.  weird.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline chris88

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 10:24:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • France uses only paper ballots put into envelopes at polling stations and hand counted.  No absentee ballots, no mail ballots, no electronic machines.  The results are known the same day.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 11:11:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't you know they have to have time to figure how many votes to find?

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, chris88

Offline chris88

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 01:41:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 20% of voter machines are down in Maricopa in AZ.  All Dominion machines are down in Mercer County New Jersey.  Shocking..not
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Offline pdunn

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 04:51:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's your "problem":

Atlanta
    Milwaukee
    Detroit
    Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh
    Phoenix

How many of these cities won't have their vote counts done until the weekend?
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Offline chris88

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 06:45:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's your "problem":

Atlanta
    Milwaukee
    Detroit
    Philadelphia
    Pittsburgh
    Phoenix

How many of these cities won't have their vote counts done until the weekend?

Weekend?  I'd be surprised if they've figured it out before Thanksgiving.

Back to Maricopa County AZ:   "Yesterday Maricopa County Election Officials Held A Presser on 'False Election Narratives'...Ensuring Voting Machines Have Been Tested & Are Accurate"

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 07:00:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When we take back the House, the first thing on the agenda should be to impeach Brandon for gross incompetence and negligence.

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 09:49:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When everything is eventually counted , the media will spin it in favor of the Ds , saying it wasnt as bad as many had predicted .

I have alot of hope that if the Rs get both House & Senate , they get some balls about them and do some cracking down on how things are done but thats just a pipe dream . As long as Mitch is in control , itll be the same old song and dance .

Offline bighat

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2022, 07:45:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Way to give yourself an excuse Toro.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline chris88

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 08:11:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He is right. Mitch, Lindsey Graham, Romney, Sasse and the other Rhinos have one goal and that is to keep the game going. More war, more grift, more power for the swamp.  Why do you think Graham came out not long ago saying there should be a nationwide ban on abortion?  The statement was no accident and now he gets to act upset that GOP didn't take Senate or larger margin in House.  None of these guys ever vote for fiscal restraint.

It is sad but unsurprising that voters can be bamboozled into supporting their own self-destruction. And others are too apathetic to care. They are happy to just let life happen to them. But as I've said, due to debt, horrid energy policy etc we have, imo, reached peak prosperity. You will only see quality of life go down from here especially for the middle class. But Jesus is the alternative as none of the things that are really important come via politicians. Most of this has been laid out pretty clearly in the bible.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 08:11:04 AM »

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2022, 09:09:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Way to give yourself an excuse Toro.

No excuse , just hear it every election. Mitch ? Yes , hes a big problem when a candidate wants to go against the club.

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 09:45:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I live in Maryland's 6th Congressional District. It is considered, by most honest publications, to be the most gerrymandered district in America. Democrats gerrymandered this district about 10 years ago thanks to Martin O'Malley after going hard right for so many decades. It is western Maryland, but Dems decided to put a slab of far left Montgomery County in this district.

I am Independent....not hard right. I voted twice for Bill Clinton and in 2016 for Gary Johnson.

But Dems are completely going to steal this election for the 6th district. Republican Neal Parrott, who was outspent by $6 million, won 51% to 48% after all precincts were reported. Now, Montgomery County (which is as hard left as any place) has found tens of thousands of mail in ballots. Sorry but this type of stuff is pure plate of crap & not what this country is about. I can't wait to retire & leave Maryland.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, chris88

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 10:56:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To all of that's in doubt about the election results, it's a reflection of the mind control Donald Lying Trump has over you. What in the hell is wrong with all of you to continue to think Millions of Americans are cheating on election night? Are you that stupid? Which brings me to another question, So what about the Republicans that won seats did they win because of fraud, cheating, or however you want to call it? Personally for me, I'm happy to be a part of Democracy that's working for Republicans, Democrats all won last night.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 11:05:47 AM by The E-Man »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2022, 11:24:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To all of that's in doubt about the election results, it's a reflection of the mind control Donald Lying Trump has over you. What in the hell is wrong with all of you to continue to think Millions of Americans are cheating on election night? Are you that stupid? Which brings me to another question, So what about the Republicans that won seats did they win because of fraud, cheating, or however you want to call it? Personally for me, I'm happy to be a part of Democracy that's working for Republicans, Democrats all won last night.

your party doesn't want voter ID, doesn't want to clean up voter rolls, and wants more mail in ballots and counting of votes for days and days.

why is that?  it's an easy answer
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2022, 11:44:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • your party doesn't want voter ID, doesn't want to clean up voter rolls, and wants more mail in ballots and counting of votes for days and days.

why is that?  it's an easy answer

Here we go again!!! BTW, I'm in the middle. I vote for whom I see is best fit for our country. There was nothing wrong with mail in ballots until yours truly lost. The Republicans for years embraced mail in ballots. Gov Ron DeSanctimonious investigated fraud and had ex prisoners arrested for voting, after Florida sent them voting registration forms, A publicity stunt!!!.. Bison you and many others on here are poisoned with lies about voting fraud to no end..Sad thing about it, you keep believing the lies..

Offline RyoSmiffy

• Rookie
    « Reply #17 on: November 09, 2022, 12:32:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • unless anything crazy happens looks like the reps took the senate and the house.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2022, 01:10:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here we go again!!! BTW, I'm in the middle. I vote for whom I see is best fit for our country. There was nothing wrong with mail in ballots until yours truly lost. The Republicans for years embraced mail in ballots. Gov Ron DeSanctimonious investigated fraud and had ex prisoners arrested for voting, after Florida sent them voting registration forms, A publicity stunt!!!.. Bison you and many others on here are poisoned with lies about voting fraud to no end..Sad thing about it, you keep believing the lies..

every liberal leftist I've ever met has said they are in the middle or a moderate.

you can't spell liberal without an L I E
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2022, 02:28:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • every liberal leftist I've ever met has said they are in the middle or a moderate.

you can't spell liberal without an L I E

Not on this end. I can prove, I've help my Republican friends with their campaign. Can you say the same about helping any Dems? I doubt it very seriously.

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2022, 05:45:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Imo , on the local level , parties dont really matter that much . You can have a D favor R lositions on some things and the other way around . On the national level , the Ds pushing of abortion and the LBGTQ  crap is just something I cant stand . The Rs arent perfect by any means but so far , theyre the party thats in line with my conservative ideas

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2022, 06:51:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not on this end. I can prove, I've help my Republican friends with their campaign. Can you say the same about helping any Dems? I doubt it very seriously.

E yes I have helped my Dem friends many times in the past. Let them put signs in my yard and even helped them put signs out. But never again. That party has went so far left with the transgender, abortion, anti religion, open borders, woke and identity politics that I have had it. I won't even vote for a local dem anymore because I ask them why they would be a democrat knowing the things they stand for? No party is perfect but they have just went way to far for me.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2022, 06:51:45 PM »

Offline pdunn

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2022, 07:37:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not surprised by the election results for a lot of reasons, mainly that the country is split right down the middle and pretty much so is congress; I never believed in the fifty seat gain in the house or six or seven seat gain in the senate for the GOP.  Especially for the senate the GOP had a very unfavorable map facing them, too, defending seats in several swing states.  There just isn't that much room to gain seats for either side.   

However, the same places having the same problems getting votes counted within a day or two days of an election naturally is going to make people skeptical of the fairness of the process.  More people are more emotionally invested in their "team" and just like a ball game whenever anyone feels like the refs or umpires were against them will get bitter and resentful.  And that goes for BOTH teams, if you don't believe it look at 2000, 2004, and 2016 as well as 2020.  If you want everyone to believe in the system, give everyone a system they can believe in.   

"On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, Buffalo Bop, chris88, The E-Man

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2022, 12:18:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our election system is broken. Still waiting on House votes is beyond ridiculous.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, Toro Toro Taxi

Offline bighat

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2022, 01:40:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why is it ridiculous because Trump says so.  We are in a society that demands things right now.  We don't want to wait. Personally, I want everyone counted no matter how long it takes.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2022, 01:40:52 PM »