Author Topic: Labor Day Weekend Television Ratings  (Read 1275 times)

Offline The E-Man

Re: Labor Day Weekend Television Ratings
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2020, 10:18:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can you guys take this stuff to Tavern Off The Green?

I agree, I didn't mentioned race. But it's evident we still have some that's pissed off, because professional sports is speaking out against racial injustice. I can't help but laugh when they talk about not watching sports as if the NFL, MLB, NASCAR, NHL, NBA, Etc.. is going to miss them.. The ones that are pissed off are a very small portion of the population.. Again, good riddance to all them assh*les!

The following users thanked this post: GreenSteve, HaveUherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2020, 10:18:12 AM »

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2020, 10:45:25 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think as much as "the politics" the ratings are down because it's hard to get into a season when you don't have great confidence that the season will actually be played in its entirety.

I sat in the Joan last week watching us play and thinking about how good Wells and the team looked. Then my excitement wasn't dampened by the fact it was just EKU, it was dampened because I had this feeling "It won't matter, this could be the only game we play this season."

I think the feeling the season won't be completed has kept a lot of people from being as excited to watch ball as they normally would be. Also, the amount of people who have canceled cable and went with streaming services has also hurt the rating of sports too. So, I think it's a lot more than the "politics" at play.

The following users thanked this post: puma

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2020, 11:32:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shame on you for being part of the problem and not the solution. (I didn't even mention race, we were talking about TV ratings.) But since you mentioned race, we wouldn't even be talking about race, had racists white cops not been killing innocent black men. BTW, you're pissed off, because a lot of white professional athletes are standing up for racial equality with their black brothers. So good riddance to you as well. I'm sure the NFL and other professional sports is happy to wean out the bad actors.

Number of people shot by police in 2020.

White- 242

Black- 123

It's honestly sad that a good man such as E has been brainwashed by the liberal media. Shame on you for putting yourself in the same category as criminals based solely on having the same color of skin. You are better than that brother. You are a good man, which is why you haven't been shot by the police.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2020, 11:57:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Think the problem is.....

Just don't feel like football season.

At least for me.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Number of people shot by police in 2020.

White- 242

Black- 123

It's honestly sad that a good man such as E has been brainwashed by the liberal media. Shame on you for putting yourself in the same category as criminals based solely on having the same color of skin. You are better than that brother. You are a good man, which is why you haven't been shot by the police.[/b]

You want to discuss this in detail, I'll be more than happy to meet you on the Tavern. Don't try and turn a good thread into something politically ON THE SPORTS Board!

Offline puma

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2020, 12:09:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This forum is genuinely going to %^&*. I know it's only like $10/year but seriously mods, you're going to let personal attacks and non topic stuff fly?

Take this stuff elsewhere.

The following users thanked this post: HaveUherd

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2020, 01:14:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • This forum is genuinely going to %^&*. I know it's only like $10/year but seriously mods, you're going to let personal attacks and non topic stuff fly?

This is the free board. They’ve done a good job of modding stuff pretty quickly.
    « Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 10:55:38 PM by Scottyo614 »

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2020, 08:41:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

They let personal attacks fly against certain posters. The people that cry the loudest about media bias don’t even realize when bias helps them on this board.

I had a throw away, joke line at the end of a post (probably a bad one) and I get sticky post saying don’t be a jerk or something like that. Meanwhile people are jerks to me nonstop a not a word ever gets said lol.
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 08:44:20 AM by HaveUherd »

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2020, 10:20:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Number of people shot by police in 2020.

White- 242

Black- 123

It's honestly sad that a good man such as E has been brainwashed by the liberal media. Shame on you for putting yourself in the same category as criminals based solely on having the same color of skin. You are better than that brother. You are a good man, which is why you haven't been shot by the police.

First you're getting yourself confused with being brainwashed from Donald "Lying" Trump...I'm going to tell you again, it's 3-1 ratio with black people being gunned down by racist cops..

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2020, 11:59:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First you're getting yourself confused with being brainwashed from Donald "Lying" Trump...I'm going to tell you again, it's 3-1 ratio with black people being gunned down by racist cops..

https://twitter.com/HMDatMI/status/1300885831389904896?s=20

Heather is an authority figure on crime statistics in the country. Her book War On Cops was compiled by FBI data.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2020, 12:11:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/HMDatMI/status/1300885831389904896?s=20

Heather is an authority figure on crime statistics in the country. Her book War On Cops was compiled by FBI data.

Not all cops are bad.. There's a few that gives all of men and women of law enforcement a bad name. I have a lot of friends who are cops and they agree some of their colleagues are just very bad people..

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2020, 02:24:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First you're getting yourself confused with being brainwashed from Donald "Lying" Trump...I'm going to tell you again, it's 3-1 ratio with black people being gunned down by racist cops..

Keep telling yourself that. Facts don't care about your feelings.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2020, 02:24:19 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2020, 03:08:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not all cops are bad.. There's a few that gives all of men and women of law enforcement a bad name. I have a lot of friends who are cops and they agree some of their colleagues are just very bad people..

I agree with that 100%. There are bad people in everything. Just like the bad person the walked up and shot 2 cops. Innocent cops have been hunted down all summer. Killed, wounded and disrespected. Why isn’t the NBA and NFL as passionate about their lives? Why isn’t anyone on the left? I don’t see a movement for them getting gunned down in cold blooded murder? I say stand up for what is right and condemn what is wrong no matter what color or job you have. But there seems to be a huge double standard. I guess if I hadn’t started a thread, it would be dead silence about these 2 cops and all the others beaten, injured and killed.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2020, 03:37:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now there was a crowd outside the hospital blocking the emergency room entrance shouting "I hope they f---- die."

Yep, MLB, NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, CNN, MSNBC Nike and their Chinese slave labor, all are backing a wonderful group of people.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, herdorbust

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2020, 05:56:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now there was a crowd outside the hospital blocking the emergency room entrance shouting "I hope they f---- die."

Yep, MLB, NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, CNN, MSNBC Nike and their Chinese slave labor, all are backing a wonderful group of people.

Can you show me a statement or anything else that shows any of those people and entities back the people doing that?

I forget which argument fallacy this is but it is definitely one of them.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2020, 06:36:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Dunn where did you see Pro Sports, Biden, Harris, News Stations, Nike backing those idiots? I've seen a lot of fake people try to take away from legitimate groups real message. It's happened a lot! In fact, how do you know Boogaloo wasn't in that group? Boogaloo followers have been caught more than once, trying to blend in with legitimate protestors so people can discredit their cause.

Offline pdunn

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2020, 07:00:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Remember where BLM comes from: pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon.

They are not a benign organization. 

Companies like Nike give them hundreds of millions of dollars.

Biden's campaign actively bailed out violent rioters. 

Most news networks have willingly ignored downplayed or mischaracterized honest facts for months.

They have all chosen a side.  If you mess with it you get it on you.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2020, 07:14:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dunn where did you see Pro Sports, Biden, Harris, News Stations, Nike backing those idiots? I've seen a lot of fake people try to take away from legitimate groups real message. It's happened a lot! In fact, how do you know Boogaloo wasn't in that group? Boogaloo followers have been caught more than once, trying to blend in with legitimate protestors so people can discredit their cause.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2020, 11:44:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Biden has a weird way of backing them. I’m just happy we have fair and balanced moderation over here. Kind of reminds me of when Scalia used Fox News talking points about broccoli as he tried to gut the ACA.

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1305160054346141703?s=21

HerdFans.com

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2020, 11:44:43 AM »