Author Topic: Outside of politics, can we talk about music of the 60's, 70's and today...  (Read 5951 times)

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

Re: Outside of politics, can we talk about music of the 60's, 70's and today...
« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2022, 01:32:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sure do miss me some EWF , Commodores , Chicago or Santana . Id love to hear that on the radio again

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #225 on: November 21, 2022, 01:32:54 PM »

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #226 on: November 21, 2022, 02:10:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Big fan of EW&F. They're brass section and Philip Bailey catapulted Phil Collins's music of the 80s with their "huffy puffy" horns and vocals.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #227 on: November 21, 2022, 03:35:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sure do miss me some EWF , Commodores , Chicago or Santana . Id love to hear that on the radio again

Chicago with Robert Lamm, James Pankow, and gang are the best! The Commodores are not the same losing Lionel Ritchie. Carlos Santana is one of the best..I hope we start hearing real groups again who can play instruments and are actual musicians..

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2022, 03:41:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Big fan of EW&F. They're brass section and Philip Bailey catapulted Phil Collins's music of the 80s with their "huffy puffy" horns and vocals.

Both brass sections of EW&F and Chicago are the best. Check out these videos. I love Chicago's horn section, genius Jimmy Pankow, Walt Parazaider, and Lee Loughnane. Robert Lamm is a very special talent. In these videos, EW&F and Chicago burn da house down.. 25 or 6 to 4 is blazing hott!

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #229 on: November 22, 2022, 12:29:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  
    The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #230 on: November 22, 2022, 01:54:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Elvis was one of the best! I worked part time at the Huntington Civic Center and Elvis was suppose to perform there before he passed away. I had looked so forward to seeing Elvis in concert and meeting him in person. Elvis and James Brown were the Kings in their musical era..

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Buffalo Bop

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #231 on: November 22, 2022, 02:07:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some Pablo Cruise

« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 02:23:22 PM by Toro Toro Taxi »

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #232 on: November 22, 2022, 02:08:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Smoke from a distant fire . Uh Oh

« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 03:48:40 PM by Toro Toro Taxi »

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, The E-Man

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #233 on: November 22, 2022, 02:10:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cornelius Bros & Sister Rose

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, The E-Man

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #234 on: November 23, 2022, 08:59:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Elvis was one of the best! I worked part time at the Huntington Civic Center and Elvis was suppose to perform there before he passed away. I had looked so forward to seeing Elvis in concert and meeting him in person. Elvis and James Brown were the Kings in their musical era..

I had tickets to Elvis's last concert in Charleston, and he passed away before I could finally see him in person. It was a sad time.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #235 on: December 15, 2022, 10:02:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• « Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 10:59:59 AM by Buffalo Bop »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2022, 10:03:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I remember catching crawdaddies in Four Pole when I was a kid. Use to be some big ones in that old creek.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2022, 10:03:53 AM »

Offline Richard Hurts

• Rookie
    « Reply #237 on: January 22, 2023, 12:34:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Isley Brothers album that came out in September is solid. Ernie is one of the best living guitar players. Not sure if there are any good stories online about it, but pre-famous Jimi Hendrix lived with the Isleys for a bit, and it created some really entertaining stories.

Nathaniel Rateliff has some good stuff that he is working on. Same with Jon Batiste and Lukas Nelson (Willie's son) individually. Ernest (country) had a solid album about 9 months ago, and he is a good guy.

Caamp (similar to The Lumineers) had a quality album that came out in June.

For hip hop fans, LaRussell is a very unique artist both in rapping and his venues. Nas' string of four albums over the past 2.5 years is unbelievably impressive.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2023, 10:20:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    « Reply #239 on: January 23, 2023, 07:18:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • POLYPHIA are a talented band of virtuosos centering around guitars. They're cutting a new path with making their own genre and mixing metal riffs and hip hop beats. Very fresh sound.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #240 on: January 26, 2023, 05:02:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2023, 10:08:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    « Reply #242 on: February 04, 2023, 10:50:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's a group for you Bop. I had never heard of them but for some reason several of their videos showed up in my YouTube home feed.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Buffalo Bop, The E-Man

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2023, 11:51:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was just watching the Collins Kids the other day on video. Lorri, the older sister, was the girl friend of Ricky Nelson at that time. The Collins Kids were a great act.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2023, 10:56:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  

Offline Buffalo Bop

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  

Offline Buffalo Bop

• [Like]0