Author Topic: Herd free agents singinings  (Read 957 times)

Offline yogiherd

Herd free agents singinings
« on: April 27, 2024, 09:54:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Free agents signings by Herd players
    Porter to Vikings

Driskell to Chiefs

Tucker to Colts

Hope they all earn a spot.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: sardistim, herd1990, parshall2marshall, chris88, Echo 5, coalherd, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

Herd free agents singinings
    « on: April 27, 2024, 09:54:51 PM »

Offline MicDrass1

Re: Herd free agents singinings
    « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 10:08:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Eli Neal somewhere.  He can be an nfl lb

The following users thanked this post: sardistim

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024, 10:25:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Former Marshall safety Andre Sam (transferred to LSU) has signed with the Philadelphia Eagles.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88

Offline HerdIN

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2024, 01:58:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WR Talik Keaton to the Eagles.

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD, parshall2marshall, chris88

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2024, 02:09:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Former Marshall safety Andre Sam (transferred to LSU) has signed with the Philadelphia Eagles.

He's a Whiteside-esque Herd player at best.  No hate for the kid, but he is a portal whore who used us.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: svherd, HerdFan1216

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2024, 07:49:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really like Driskell's choice. I think it's a good situation for him.

Online bbcard1

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #6 on: April 28, 2024, 08:04:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's a Whiteside-esque Herd player at best.  No hate for the kid, but he is a portal whore who used us.

Meh, he played here and was productive and moved on. What's worse is the kids who come, spend a couple years burning scholarships and practice reps and then go to another school. Sadly Andre Sam is a man who was slightly ahead of his time. It's pretty incredible when you take a path from McNeese State to Marshall to LSU.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2024, 08:17:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember after his Junior year the talk was that Porter was considering applying for the NFL Draft.. rumors were that he was much sought after and had a tough decision to make. Well.. what happened 🤔

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2024, 08:33:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember after his Junior year the talk was that Porter was considering applying for the NFL Draft.. rumors were that he was much sought after and had a tough decision to make. Well.. what happened 🤔

He didn't have the next step up year you'd hope. I think it was scheme. He did a lot of contain over consistent rush. While the other side flew up field. His pro day was really good, but 6'3 250 puts you in that too small for 4-3 end, can they play Edge/OLB? Him getting to camp and getting a fresh start and evaluation will be helpful. Can play ST, can play fullback, can realistically play any of the 4 LB spots at any point. He is a Mario Harvey, Albert McClellan just get em in the door player.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, chris88, HerdFan1216

Offline muherd34

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2024, 09:09:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A lot of talent on toast years football team.  Too bad they didn?t play well together.  2 NFL O line on a line that was Swiss cheese.  Tells me all I need to know.   But at any rate,  so proud and happy for these guys.  May all your dreams come true and I?m rooting for you!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2024, 09:23:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Eli Neal somewhere.  He can be an nfl lb

He signed with the LA Rams.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, MicDrass1

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #11 on: April 28, 2024, 09:47:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A lot of talent on toast years football team.  Too bad they didn?t play well together.  2 NFL O line on a line that was Swiss cheese.  Tells me all I need to know.   But at any rate,  so proud and happy for these guys.  May all your dreams come true and I?m rooting for you!

100%

We moved on from Doc to get better.

That clearly hasn't happened.

Were any of these guys recruited by Fluff?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 10:30:09 AM by Garbanjo »

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, muherd34, BigJimslade

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2024, 09:47:15 AM »

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2024, 10:42:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He didn't have the next step up year you'd hope. I think it was scheme. He did a lot of contain over consistent rush. While the other side flew up field. His pro day was really good, but 6'3 250 puts you in that too small for 4-3 end, can they play Edge/OLB? Him getting to camp and getting a fresh start and evaluation will be helpful. Can play ST, can play fullback, can realistically play any of the 4 LB spots at any point. He is a Mario Harvey, Albert McClellan just get em in the door player.

I think you are too optimistic regarding his NFL future but time will tell

Offline herd1990

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2024, 10:44:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 100%

We moved on from Doc to get better.

That clearly hasn't happened.

Were any of these guys recruited by Fluff?

I think the only dude who was drafted or signed as FA by Fluff was Andre Sam.  All the others were Doc guys.

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #14 on: April 28, 2024, 10:46:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the only dude who was drafted or signed as FA by Fluff was Andre Sam.  All the others were Doc guys.

Man that's pathetic

Doc sucked as a recruiter compared to Donnan, Pruett and Snyder, and Fluff (the ace recruiter) is worse.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990

Offline luvherd

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2024, 11:01:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Owen Porter and his SV buddy Doug Nester signed with the Vikings.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

The following users thanked this post: svherd, chris88, MicDrass1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2024, 11:04:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Porter is strong with excellent change of direction speed.  His issue is straight line speed.  Eli Neal has some problem.  Herd lacks straight line speed.  SPEED!  T&F Coach should be working with these guys if he?s a good speed coach.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2024, 12:26:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He didn't have the next step up year you'd hope. I think it was scheme. He did a lot of contain over consistent rush. While the other side flew up field. His pro day was really good, but 6'3 250 puts you in that too small for 4-3 end, can they play Edge/OLB? Him getting to camp and getting a fresh start and evaluation will be helpful. Can play ST, can play fullback, can realistically play any of the 4 LB spots at any point. He is a Mario Harvey, Albert McClellan just get em in the door player.

So if what you are implying is correct.. the coaching staff decided after Porters 2022 season in which he led the team in sacks and TFLs?  on a scheme that would utilize arguably the teams best defensive player LESS in 2023
    That makes no sense

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2024, 12:28:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Porter is strong with excellent change of direction speed.  His issue is straight line speed.  Eli Neal has some problem.  Herd lacks straight line speed.  SPEED!  T&F Coach should be working with these guys if he?s a good speed coach.

Not ever gonna happen

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2024, 12:38:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • S&C coach for fball seems solid at agility stuff but straight line speed training is lacking.  Send players to T&F but still lift with fball. 

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2024, 12:56:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• So if what you are implying is correct.. the coaching staff decided after Porters 2022 season in which he led the team in sacks and TFLs?  on a scheme that would utilize arguably the teams best defensive player LESS in 2023
    That makes no sense

We went from Lance Guidry to Jason Semore. If you couldn't see the change I don't know what to tell you. Everyone else did.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herd1990, parshall2marshall, svherd, muherd34, Echo 5, MicDrass1

Online svherd

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2024, 01:23:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Owen Porter and his SV buddy Doug Nester signed with the Vikings.

Great news and should help both immensely. They can push each other and always nice to have a familiar face as a teammate

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2024, 01:23:43 PM »

Online chris88

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2024, 01:53:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Porter one of my favorite players all-time. IMO he is a Mike at NFL level. Don't need straight like speed but quick enough to shed blocks. Not too much pass coverage responsibilities at MLB. DE no way in NFL. OLB have much more pass responsibilities.

Best wishes to all.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, coalherd

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2024, 04:54:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Porter one of my favorite players all-time. IMO he is a Mike at NFL level. Don't need straight like speed but quick enough to shed blocks. Not too much pass coverage responsibilities at MLB. DE no way in NFL. OLB have much more pass responsibilities.

Best wishes to all.

Seriously are u joking
    Or is the hyperbole

Offline HerdFan1216

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2024, 08:12:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• So if what you are implying is correct.. the coaching staff decided after Porters 2022 season in which he led the team in sacks and TFLs?  on a scheme that would utilize arguably the teams best defensive player LESS in 2023
    That makes no sense

The last season Guidry coached the defense was when Porter excelled?.im not sure what it was specifically that put him in position to wreck havoc on defenses but he did?..next season, Semore comes into the DC job and we see a monster defense on every level not lose much production and become a completely pedestrian defense that rarely gets at the QB, suddenly cannot stop the run and gets burned a lot through the air.     Yea I?d say it was the complete change in philosophy and aggressiveness from Guidry to Semore lead to Porter and damn near everyone else having underwhelming stats this last season
    « Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 08:18:00 PM by HerdFan1216 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, yogiherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2024, 08:12:03 PM »