Author Topic: Liberty into C-USA  (Read 4504 times)

Offline CoachSkip

Re: Liberty into C-USA
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 02:57:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's your impression that he's a stooge for the President, others feel quite differently and would give him credit for being able to speak up for conservative values from a university setting.

Conservative values at a university ? I believe the grads from Liberty are a lot more prepared for the real world than the safe place universities that are so popular these days . I think Liberty would be a great addition to CUSA . If I was Liberty , Id take the wait and see approach , something better may just be around the corner .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 02:57:41 PM »

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2017, 03:56:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Conservative values at a university ? I believe the grads from Liberty are a lot more prepared for the real world than the safe place universities that are so popular these days . I think Liberty would be a great addition to CUSA . If I was Liberty , Id take the wait and see approach , something better may just be around the corner .
    I agree with the wait and see attitude. I suspect a few years down the road CUSA may look at this as an opportunity wasted. Liberty would have represented an upgrade for this conference.

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2017, 04:59:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Liberty would have represented an upgrade for this conference.

Couldn't agree more .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline jn330

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2017, 09:10:00 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's your impression that he's a stooge for the President, others feel quite differently and would give him credit for being able to speak up for conservative values from a university setting.

I think there were plenty of candidates running who not only shared conservative values but actually showed conservative ethics in their personal life.  Could have picked several of them and he would have not lost so much credibility among alumni....

This thread got me looking at Liberty promo videos online. Holy cow that place has changed in the last 20 years!  From a facilities standpoint, it's just so impressive.  New dorms, new academic buildings, a year round snow-flex slope on campus, an indoor ice skating rink and olympic pool on campus, baseball complex, indoor practice facility. The football stadium needs upgrading but what they have is nice.  By the looks, it doesn't look like they'd be hurting for the funds to do it.  All of you who bought the Left Behind books, your money went to some good use  ;).  For real.  Check out the LaHaye Recreation and Fitness Center.

It's a school with solid finances, a passion to make it, 4.5 hour drive from Marshall, and a growing alumni base of lawyers and engineers to go along with all of those pastors and school teachers.  I think they would be a great addition to C-USA.  Just bring your barf bag if you try to drive 501 South to get to campus. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2017, 09:10:00 PM »