Author Topic: Say you're the HC of MU FB  (Read 466 times)

Offline parshall2marshall

Say you're the HC of MU FB
« on: October 23, 2017, 08:23:46 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • CL takes a big hit and goes down - hard. Word on the street is that he may not be back in 2017. What do you do :

A) Pull Isaiah Green's shirt
    B) Pull the obviously intended shirt for Morrell
    C) Run some wildcat with Gaines, and include those trick plays that you have had planned ( You did have those plays ready didn't you ? ).
    D) Some combination of the above
    E) Something completely different ( e.g. Resign your post for being totally unprepared for such a scenario )

The other thread got me thinking. Hopefully just a big "knock on wood" - designed to get my Herdfans Karma back in negative balance.

p2m
    "What will you do ?" - Karl Malden
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 08:25:26 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: QuickStrike

HerdFans.com

Say you're the HC of MU FB
    « on: October 23, 2017, 08:23:46 PM »

Offline QuickStrike

Re: Say you're the HC of MU FB
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 08:30:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • +1 to help get your karma back in balance.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 08:33:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd be very hesitant in burning a RS.

I truly believe that Doc has told Legg to run plays that minimize risk for CL.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Gains wildcat would be the way I’d go. I think with Yurachek and Mitchell you could pull it off but your outside WRs would really suffer.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline Apollo

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 08:42:04 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pull Morrells and mix it up with him and X in running wildcats. Line them up at the same spot so the D doesn't know who gets it at times. No way I'd pull Greens.

Offline ed swain

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 08:56:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is the first I have heard  cL might be leaving .Where would he go?I hope this is BS.

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 08:59:09 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • To me, it depends when it happens.  It it happens this week or next, etc. and there’s still almost 7 games to play (counting the title game and a bowl, if that’s our goals), I think there’s enough season and enough on the line to choose to play whomever gives us the best chance to who regardless of redshirt status.  We’re in full championship hunting mode and there’s enough season left that we play to win out, period.

However, my answer is different if we are in the last game or two of the regular season.   If we’re close to the end of the road and not enough meaningful experience to be gained from burning a redshirt, then I’m going to take Gaines or White and try to “coach” them up as best as possible to win a single game or two.

That’s be my answer...

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 09:04:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Championships are the goal.  If we are in the hunt play the best next man up.   Hyleck Foster and do Tommy Frazier or Gaines.  Best next best qb on roster should play. 

Offline ADub4Heisman

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 09:04:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we’re still in contention to play for and win the CUSA title then I’d pull Green’s redshirt. To me he definitely looked like the second best QB on the team during fall camp.

If we aren’t in contention or it’s mop up duty, continue on with White/Gaines.
    Go Marshall Herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline herdgameplan

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 09:21:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • First off this discussion may not be in the best interest of the team because it is a projection of fear where there is no indication of any future event of its kind!

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 09:45:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don’t think it’s that big of a disruption. In truth, the coaching staff has to assess the answer to this question each week before the game kickoff.  They already know what their answer is each week should that situation occurs.

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 09:57:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is the first I have heard  cL might be leaving .Where would he go?I hope this is BS.

I think it's a hypothetical.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 09:57:18 PM »

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 11:45:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where is there any mention of CL "leaving" ? The possibility of CL getting injured is a legitimate question. Football is rough game, it's not all about "fluffy ups" and "love taps". There are dirty moves abounding, it was the Empty Sue player's natural instinct to head-butt CL, but true, he tried to and did hold up at the end, realizing his mistake. Still cost him almost 2 full halves on targeting.

It's our job as fans to help the Program. I hope like H3ll CL doesn't get hurt, but as is pointed out in this thread, it is not about "negatively" it's about being prepared for any and all possibilities. One poster on here said that if Brent Stockstill played against us [ i.e. our pass rush is so fierce ] it would be the end of his season / 2017 comeback.

CL has taken every meaningful snap, and in the eyes of some ( including mine ) it is wrong because I don't see how we can ready if and when adversity should strike. And that would be on the HC if it should happen.

p2m
    "Have I.Q.'s just dropped sharply while I was away ?" - Ripley ( Siggy Weaver ) - Aliens ( 1980 )
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:47:45 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: Apollo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 11:45:53 PM »