Author Topic: SHR > Florida slipping away as recruiting ground  (Read 648240 times)

Offline _sturt_

SHR > Florida slipping away as recruiting ground
« on: February 07, 2016, 01:05:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ...for the folks up north.

May I gloat for a moment... it's not every day I get something right, after all... :D...

Rock and a hard place indeed.

My next prediction is that they're going to string together a few non-bowl years in the very near future unless something big and totally unexpected allows them to re-claim Florida as a legit recruiting ground. And where that concerns us, I think we're going to be in a very advantageous position if ever a new Coal Bowl series is proposed... that is, as long as Doc and company keeps doing what they've been doing.

HerdFans.com

SHR > Florida slipping away as recruiting ground
    « on: February 07, 2016, 01:05:26 AM »

Offline MUther

Re: SHR > Florida slipping away as recruiting ground
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 03:34:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sturt, I realize you have a J Edgar file of photo conversations fully organized thru the Stewey decimal system so that you can throw people's words back at them whenever needed for personal pleasure or whatever, but as I'm getting old I need to zoom the screen in and these giant photo conversations are a pain in the ass to read.  On top of that passages cannot be highlighted and copied or quoted to make sure the relevant parts can be discussed, etc.  Wouldn't it be a lot easier just to copy and paste the parts you need and provide a link?  I mean by the time you hit print screen, collect the photo, host it somewhere, and then image link it in the post you could have written three or four of your novellas the old fashioned way.

You could also just post the article and say "I knew this was gonna happen" without the  "see, I already said this last year" photo of you already saying this last year.  This stuff is why you wear people out on here.  I promise no one is going to fact check you to make sure you actually did say it last year or whatever.

It's like the difference in reading a book because you want to and reading a text book because you have to.  No one likes to do the latter.  Well almost no one.

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 08:27:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 09:05:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• MUther, in terms of time, t's actually not all that much more involved than the time it takes to find a YouTube clip. You should try it.

As to the rest of your sideshow... I don't really care... I don't care that, evidently, you're not acquainted with the efficiency of using the "advanced search" function of this board... I don't care that you have instructions for when I decide to gloat a little... I don't care that you have instructions for how I should post... I don't care that you've made up your mind that you're part of some overwhelming majority that gets worn out with what I do here (truth be told it's you, and maybe 6-8 irritable others)... deal with it however you feel is best to deal with it. I won't reciprocate and instruct you how. *wink*

Btw, Hillbilly... I've seen you posting that a few times now... safe to say you're in the category of those who think mocking physically and/or mentally disabled people is a-okay? I mean, let's get real adult here for a minute. You like that meme b/c you think it compares someone you don't like to someone who's a bit off, if not a lot... and it lets you feel all warm inside that you stuck it to the one you didn't like. I'm only pointing out that that might... might... reflect more on the person who chooses to use that approach than it does the target of your antagonism.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 09:18:26 AM by _sturt_ »

Offline chris88

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 10:20:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The overall point is valid.  Hard to tell recruits and parents from not only South Florida, but also GA that none of your teams games will be within driving distance for your family/relatives.  True WVU should do better than AAC/Big East/B12 counterparts in MD and VA etc...but those are areas already hit pretty hard by ACC and Big10.  They seem to be hitting OH harder and doing ok and PA has always been good for them, but when you look at recruit rankings (for what they are worth) vs others in their own conf....the disparity is not so small that you can chalk it up to arbitrary rankings services...it is a downright chasm between the top 4 in B12 and WVU/Oklahoma State/Texas Tech middle tier.

The other part is that is will always more difficult to run a wide open offense in WV once the weather turns than in Oklahoma and Texas. That being said you better have a really good running game and a solid defense.  Of course their fans think Nick Sabans next stop is Morgantown so, to them, it is just a matter of time.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 10:46:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Right. They just have no natural recruiting area now. Even the recruits they get will, as a rule, be the ones leftover after everyone else has had their harvest. It's no mystery why Dr. Gee came out publicly on the expansion thing. They're sitting out here in a silo. They can't expect to be able to compete at the level they've been used to in the long-term.

Offline banker

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 11:17:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm confused.  Is the whole point of this thread so that one person can show he he'd the keen insight to see the sky was blue?  There were many, many folks who taunted wvu fans with this back when they moved to the big 12 and didn't wait until 2015 to unleash this "revelation".

Offline MUonium

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 11:31:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 11:38:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm confused.  Is the whole point of this thread so that one person can show he he'd the keen insight to see the sky was blue?  There were many, many folks who taunted wvu fans with this back when they moved to the big 12 and didn't wait until 2015 to unleash this "revelation".

LMAO, take it easy on _sturt_, he has a daily insecure ego to feed, we don't want him to go hungry!  :)
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 11:44:19 AM by The E-Man »

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 12:17:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • LMAO, take it easy on _sturt_, he has a daily insecure ego to feed, we don't want him to go hungry!  :)

Maybe he can set up another online petition that gets 35,000 views and 4 signatures.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 02:02:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • hehehe... dang... like I said, it's not every day I get something right... and that's according to some of the very people irritated that I got this something right... right? So E-man's spot on... I'm insecure, and you just need to give me my props so I can gain a little more confidence in myself.

Though chris seemed to get it, Banker seems to be unsure... (either that, or particularly perturbed when I get something right...) so, to help him out... this thread was originally purposed to discuss what I said it was to discuss, though somehow I guess you got hung up on the opening premise.

My next prediction is that they're going to string together a few non-bowl years in the very near future unless something big and totally unexpected allows them to re-claim Florida as a legit recruiting ground. And where that concerns us, I think we're going to be in a very advantageous position if ever a new Coal Bowl series is proposed... that is, as long as Doc and company keeps doing what they've been doing.

Post script... since I had the distinction of being the first Herd fan banned from a Blue and Gold board, and after I retired Preist Urtishere years ago, I haven't been one who bothers with any of the USPaM boards. Perhaps you, banker, in your wisdom, took this Florida recruiting issue up with them. Perhaps others here brought it up, and I just overlooked their posts. My apologies to anyone I offended by being interpreted as claiming equality with the Holy Trinity (, or something like that).
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:11:00 PM by _sturt_ »

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe he can set up another online petition that gets 35,000 views and 4 signatures.

hehe... yeah, well, I do what I can as I see there's reason to pursue something. While you exaggerate to make your point, obviously it's not really in my make-up to worry about how others decide to respond in the first place. I do my part, and I sleep better just on that basis. Happy you're entertained, but the intended insult falls flat on this end.

Backing up Hillbilly, let's just make sure you and I are on the same page here... you came to this discussion having not been called out in any way. This seems to be your routine... see someone else attempt to take some sideshow personal angle to a topic I bring up, and then leap into the conversation with some form of "Yeah! That'll show you!" Once I thought you much like a Scott Farkus figure, but now come to think of it, you were miscast... more like his little stoolie, Grover Dill.

So setting this deflection of yours aside, (in my best Ernie Salvatore voice) pardon me for asking...

Btw, Hillbilly... I've seen you posting that a few times now... safe to say you're in the category of those who think mocking physically and/or mentally disabled people is a-okay? I mean, let's get real adult here for a minute. You like that meme b/c you think it compares someone you don't like to someone who's a bit off, if not a lot... and it lets you feel all warm inside that you stuck it to the one you didn't like. I'm only pointing out that that might... might... reflect more on the person who chooses to use that approach than it does the target of your antagonism.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 02:35:00 PM »

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For someone who sees them self as far superior compared to everyone else on this board as far as intelligence goes, you sure don't read memes and the sarcasm that goes along with them very well.

I, THE Big Ol' Hillbilly being raised by a mama who retired from a career in special education would never make fun of a mentally impaired person. If I did, even as a grown man, I would face her wrath.

That being said, I don't think the person in that particular meme is mentally impaired. If he is, I apologize for ever posting him, and whoever loaded his picture onto meme generator should be ashamed. When I see that meme, I envision what you come across as with each and every post you put on this great online community.

You may ask... What do you mean? Simply put, when I see this meme, I see a man who is a know-it-all dweeb who loves to pat himself on the back and tell everybody "I told you so". He gets a little rise in his Levi's as he goes through archived posts looking to screen shot each and every time he has been right. He thinks people care, but they really don't. The guy in the meme looks to me like someone who sits behind a computer and feels as though he is smarter than any college athletic director or NCAA rule maker out there and in his mind he feels as if they should listen to what he says. The guy in this meme has probably emailed so many professionals with his "know-it-all, I'm right you're wrong, you don't know how to do your job" crap, that he is blocked from a list of email accounts a mile long. I see a guy in this meme who has never strapped a helmet and should pads on, or dribbled a round ball, but by-golly he knows more about the sports than you do because he plays a mean game of madden. In other words, the guy in this meme is not a mentally impaired man, he's a know-it-all jerk who rubs everyone the wrong way with each and every post he puts online, just like someone else I know.
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 04:11:02 PM by Big Ol' Hillbilly »

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 04:49:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Sees himself as far superior compared to everyone else on this board"

That's pretty damn presumptuous. No wonder your chain yanks so easy.

To the contrary, if it were as you say, I wouldn't bother being here. Truth, if I didn't think you were intelligent, I wouldn't bother responding to you... why bother.

I call BS on the rest of your response.

You blabber on about me, pretending to be blabbering on about your vision of this person... but adults understand that you chose the meme on the basis that this guy seems someone of some lesser intellect and/or some lesser SES and/or some less worthy of life human being. To mock me, you have to simultaneously be looking down your nose at whoever this person is.

Pretentious much?

How ironic.

Let's be clear. I don't go looking to push your buttons, even though pretty much everything you just claimed about me, I think you wear yourself. You, for some reason, feel compelled to come after me on occasion, though. Without any provocation on my part.

Chip on shoulder is yours. All yours. Why is it there? I'm not your psychologist. But I'm sure there's a reason, and I'm pretty sure it pre-dates ever encountering little ol me. I wish you no ill will. But honestly, I do also wish I didn't have to deal with your crap. Hey, I'm human. Sue me.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 04:52:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm just shocked Sturt Judged based on his appearance.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 04:55:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ...but adults understand...

Enough said.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 05:03:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How dare anyone accuse _sturt_ of self-aggrandizement ....

p2m
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 05:20:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • hehe... dang... I gloated, and said as much even as I was doing it...

Some of you guys took all that way too seriously... but then, given who the ones are who've decided to post to voice their aggravation, it's not a surprise. Some people just gravitate to my posts to see if they can find some excuse to take a shot. It goes with the territory.

Meanwhile... thanks for the detour boys... I guess we can't talk about the actual point of the post (which, since it got lost, I'll remind concerned Coal Bowl discussions in the future).

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:23:55 PM by _sturt_ »

Offline MUther

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 05:57:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really just find it irritating to zoom in to read text and the photo posts gets so big I have to scroll left and right to read them with the other text.  This being the internet I've discovered if I have a problem then many other people do to.  So I was trying to suggest ways to fix that issue and make it more accessible for the visually challenged.  Or don't they count in your diatribe on special needs people?

You say Chris gets it like the rest of us didn't.  Common sense is not insight.  That's why it's called common sense.

Seriously though I am extremely farsighted.  My 7 foot wingspan no longer has arms long enough to hold a book far enough away to read it.  It's weird because I can read a newspaper from nearly across the room but can't read the headlines a foot away.
    « Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 06:01:13 PM by MUther »

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 11:40:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Appreciate the less abrasive, more explanatory tone, and too, that evidently it's important to you to read what I post. Okay. No absolute promises, but I'll try to be more conscientious.

Offline MUther

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 01:01:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Appreciate the less abrasive, more explanatory tone, and too, that evidently it's important to you to read what I post. Okay. No absolute promises, but I'll try to be more conscientious.

Sorry, I'm just like that when I write.  Most of these guys know me personally and they know I'm not really that abrasive.  I will try to tone down the sarcasm.  I'm just kind of dry and snarky when I type it out, but no harm meant.  I like to screw with people but I don't really intend to hurt people's feelings.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 11:31:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Check your PMs.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 11:31:25 AM »