Author Topic: Chuck Landon: Eastern Ky. came to town and got Looped  (Read 33731 times)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
Chuck Landon: Eastern Ky. came to town and got Looped
« on: December 13, 2015, 05:41:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Why, Loop had a heavier pour than most bartenders.

Maybe that's why Eastern Kentucky was staggering into its locker room at halftime, trailing 48-38. They were blitzed, hammered, smashed.

For the Colonels, it was all downhill after Loop connected on a 3-pointer from the top of the key with 12:12 left in the first period. Then, the 6-foot-4 junior sharp-shooter drilled his next five 3-point attempts from left of the key, the left corner and the right wing.

Loop's onslaught of six consecutive 3-pointers had blown the game wide open.

"I agree," said Marshall coach Danny D'Antoni. "He can do that. He does that every day. Listen, he shoots it as well as anybody I've seen in the NBA." 

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/chuck-landon-eastern-ky-came-to-town-and-got-looped/article_511cf49d-85db-5fbb-aced-741e359d366b.html

HerdFans.com

Chuck Landon: Eastern Ky. came to town and got Looped
    « on: December 13, 2015, 05:41:00 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

Re: Chuck Landon: Eastern Ky. came to town and got Looped
    « Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 09:18:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    It did. At most places, they say a hot shooter is in "The Zone."

But at Marshall?

He's in "The Loop."

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/chuck-landon-eastern-ky-came-to-town-and-got-looped/article_511cf49d-85db-5fbb-aced-741e359d366b.html

Shooting 80% (8-for-10) from three-point range is in "The Loop."

BTW, poor chuck. . . .banished from press row by Hamrick and forced to sit in the cheap seats.

Offline MUther

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 04:22:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Chuck writes an article in the forest and no one is around to read it, is he still a  d o u c h e?

The following users thanked this post: Mom

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Chuck writes an article in the forest and no one is around to read it, is he still a  d o u c h e?

+1

and yes.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 07:14:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Now that's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 12:54:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Chuck is banished out of Press Row that is a (bleep) move.  #fahenheit451

With all the Republicans on this site, I think that there should be strong support for letting the Market deal with determining Chuck's value, and not some regulator like Hamrick determining his value.

Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline bigwormy

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 06:53:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hamrick must be a democrat. He's acting alone like Obama loves to do.
    if you want more oil at a cheaper price vote republican. if you want the same amount of oil in current supply at a higher price, vote democrat and for a windfall profit tax!

Offline backontrack

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 06:59:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Take it to the political board, @sshole...

Online 2xBison

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 07:53:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh my we have an emotional liberal here now don't we.   I'm just amazed after 8 years someone feels this strongly in support of the worst US president in modern history
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline herdpulse

• Rookie
    « Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 08:15:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So, does would that make Hamrick an Athletic Dictator ?

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chuck Landon: Night as fan a fun break from press row

I've been sitting at press rows for 45 consecutive years.

It started with the Memorial Field House my sophomore year at Marshall University, continued at Fairfield Stadium the next season and literally thousands of press rows later it has become my home away from home.

So, it's a hard habit to break.

But when Marshall's athletic director, Mike Hamrick, banished me to the Siberia of press rows upstairs in the Henderson Center despite the fact none of my alleged transgressions involved basketball, it sparked an idea.

Maybe it's time to experience how Marshall's real fans live. Sit among them. Soak up the game day atmosphere. Be a fan for a day.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/chuck-landon-night-as-fan-a-fun-break-from-press/article_e654d142-6799-5eab-86fb-01e47b7a8a0a.html

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 09:14:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chuck Landon: Night as fan a fun break from press row

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/chuck-landon-night-as-fan-a-fun-break-from-press/article_e654d142-6799-5eab-86fb-01e47b7a8a0a.html

But when Marshall's athletic director, Mike Hamrick, banished me to the Siberia of press rows upstairs in the Henderson Center despite the fact none of my alleged transgressions involved basketball, it sparked an idea.

You mean the lie about the nonhiring of the bb coach from Kentucky didn’t involve basketball? Calling his repeated behavior alleged?

What an absolute narcissist Landon is. Must wonder where that smell comes from in the bathroom because even his Sh!t couldn’t possibly stink.

At least he admits this was his first opportunity experience what a Marshall fan feels like. Maybe now that he knows what it feels like to be a Marshall fan he'll become one.
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:17:02 AM by wasbarryb »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 09:14:27 AM »

Offline iherdya

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 10:12:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i thought they moved all media, except for a handful of radio/tv/etc off the court and behind the basket on the west end because of the addition of courtside seats?

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i thought they moved all media, except for a handful of radio/tv/etc off the court and behind the basket on the west end because of the addition of courtside seats?

That may or may not be correct.

However, Chuck never lets facts or reality interfere with an opportunity to bitch and complain. Throw in an opportunity to engage in self martyrdom that only he feels any sympathy for and it's a slam dunk.

Offline iherdya

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 11:36:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That may or may not be correct.

However, Chuck never lets facts or reality interfere with an opportunity to bitch and complain. Throw in an opportunity to engage in self martyrdom that only he feels any sympathy for and it's a slam dunk.

asked around, they moved most of them though chuck, smock, and a couple others had been allowed to stay. either way, chuck is a columnist, not a beat reporter, i feel like the press row seats should be for the beat writers covering the team.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • asked around, they moved most of them though chuck, smock, and a couple others had been allowed to stay. either way, chuck is a columnist, not a beat reporter, i feel like the press row seats should be for the beat writers covering the team.

Good point.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 06:10:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm starting to wonder if Chuckles gets looped before starting his columns.

That would explain a lot.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 06:10:44 PM »