Author Topic: MBB Transfer Portal Update  (Read 25136 times)

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

MBB Transfer Portal Update
« on: March 25, 2022, 06:51:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

MBB Transfer Portal Update
    « on: March 25, 2022, 06:51:58 PM »

Offline wesnky

Re: MBB Transfer Portal Update
    « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 06:55:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure I see anything relevant, what am I missing?

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 07:08:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Updated approx. 10:00 AM this morning and yet neither of MU's players are listed????

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 07:30:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure I see anything relevant, what am I missing?

Youre not missing anything , its just a list of players in the portal. I say for now on , everytime someone enters the portal , their name will be brought up some on this board as a possible recruit .

Offline coalherd

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 08:31:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any real "rules" on when the Portal "opens" and "closes"?  Or is it just perpetually "ongoing"? 

Inquiring minds want to know!!!  ;D :D :D

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2022, 11:01:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any real "rules" on when the Portal "opens" and "closes"?  Or is it just perpetually "ongoing"? 

pretty sure it's ongoing, which i don't like.  it should be done similar to pro sports free agency.  so many days after the end of the tournament, have a "filing" date where ALL players seeking a transfer can begin entering the portal.  you'd assume the great majority of players seeking a transfer would "file"/enter portal within 1st couple days.  it certainly seems to work that way in the pros.  none of the pro players wait 2 weeks to file, it's usually just a couple days in.  right now, you have to determine whether you wanna take a guy in portal now? or do you wait to see who else enters once their team is eliminated from the ongoing tournaments?

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, mr_ash_1995, herdorbust2

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2022, 11:58:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wonder if any of the St Peters boys will enter the portal?  They seem to be a tight nit group.  Go Peacocks!

The following users thanked this post: herdloyal

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 02:34:17 PM by Ovaltine Jenkins »

The following users thanked this post: mubowhunter

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 03:23:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will be surprised if DD even attempts to go to the portal.  He sure isn't in any kind of a hurry.

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, parshall2marshall, svherd, Buffalo Bop, herdorbust2

Offline wesnky

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 04:42:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It is perpetual however to be eligible for fall and winter sports this year, the player must declare for the portal by May 1.

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 04:51:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2022, 04:51:17 PM »

Online svherd

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2022, 06:54:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will be surprised if DD even attempts to go to the portal.  He sure isn't in any kind of a hurry.

TRS
    MU 71

Agree TRS. That?s a concern of mine as well.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Tim Hensley

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2022, 09:25:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's trying, including POY from one conference.  They were working on the portal all last week.

The following users thanked this post: goherd73, Buffalo Bop, pembrook burrows III, horsrman, herdfan129

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2022, 09:55:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's trying, including POY from one conference.  They were working on the portal all last week.

Too late now.  And besides, who wants to come and play for a 75-year-old coach?  That may sound harsh but that's a fact.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline coalherd

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2022, 11:12:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, on HERD ZONE there are a couple pictures of two women basketball players with notations that they have "signed", dated around the 25th (yesterday).  No further information, elaboration, etc., which is par for the course for the MU Sports "disinformation" "Staff", such as they are.

Apparently, Coach Kemper has been in the Portal and picked up a couple of players.   Anyone who can provide more info, feel free!!

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2022, 10:00:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

TRS
    MU 71
    As I said in another post. He is in discussions with 3 players. If Taevion returns we can only sign 1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, herdfan129

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2022, 11:54:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As I said in another post. He is in discussions with 3 players. If Taevion returns we can only sign 1

I'm leaning on Taevion returning.

Offline wlf

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2022, 01:17:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This means the same team is returning except Dillon, Collins, and one recruit ? 

Same team minus 18.3 pts / game and 8.2 rebounds/ game.

I hope we get a good one, because I really don't think the returnees are gonna increase their production enough to compensate. It won't make much difference anyway unless we become better defensively.

Only 30 teams allowed more points/ game than us. Our scoring vs opponents was virtually a wash.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2022, 02:27:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This means the same team is returning except Dillon, Collins, and one recruit ? 

I hope we get a good one, because I really don't think the returnees are gonna increase their production enough to compensate. It won't make much difference anyway unless we become better defensively.

agreed.  if you're not D-I talent, you're just not D-I talent.  if DD doesn't run people off, we'll be lucky to be "as good" as we were last yr.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2022, 02:40:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Only 30 teams allowed more points/ game than us. Our scoring vs opponents was virtually a wash.

I agree as well. This is what is so frustrating. It looks like he is doing the EXACT same thing he did last year. Go after 3-4 portal guys and if you fail then hope for the best. Is our staff only capable of recruiting 3-4 players at a time? They should have no less that 20 on the board. My gosh just send Goran somewhere that he can play and get a 6-9 kid that can play. With Juco and the portal there is no way we can?t get a very solid athletic big to put in their to help Obinna and hopefully an improved Toussaint. Then get a PG that can ball. Where in the world is the urgency. Again, we could have a really good team if they can fill in those 2 pieces. Why in the world would you make the same mistake again?

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2022, 02:45:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It doesnt matter who DD signs , if they arent a starter on one of the final eight teams , average over 20pts a game , or leads us to the sweet 16 , it will be viewed as a failure .

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2022, 02:45:56 PM »

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2022, 03:06:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As I said in another post. He is in discussions with 3 players. If Taevion returns we can only sign 1

This tells me that Danny has basically learned nothing from last season.  If he thinks that one portal player will turn things around then he is fooling himself. 

Online herd2win

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2022, 03:15:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where is Bill Murrey?  It is going to be ground hogs day sliver again with maybe 5 more wins against less competition.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2022, 03:16:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It doesnt matter who DD signs , if they arent a starter on one of the final eight teams , average over 20pts a game , or leads us to the sweet 16 , it will be viewed as a failure .

Really? Why would you say that? I?ll tell you what is and has been a failure at this level of play. Goran, Marco, Dillon, Collins, Sustic, Koljanin, Dozic, Bledsoe, Allyson, Theineman etc,,, should I go on? As someone said in another post, we have always been able to get some really nice players here. Skip, taft, evans, curry, Holden, Pitts, Kane, Tinnon, Gray, vanhoose, Slay, Young etc,,, where are those players?

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2022, 03:16:55 PM »