Author Topic: Herdmeister  (Read 2386 times)

Offline herd2win

Herdmeister
« on: January 21, 2022, 11:18:20 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]24
  • I hope he is at least getting a tan in Florida.  Love his dedication to the program but noticing he didn?t post today he still may be under the covers in his hotel.

Remember the practice report this week that everyone was positive, DD is not capable of turning this around.

HerdFans.com

Herdmeister
    « on: January 21, 2022, 11:18:20 AM »

Offline thunderingon

Re: Herdmeister
    « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 11:28:29 AM »
  • [Like]12
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why choose to be like this? This post is completely unnecessary and self serving.  I've never seen Meister attack anyone on here, but yet he gets this treatment.   God forbid people stay optimistic and enjoy their athletics instead of living and dying by it. 

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 11:41:36 AM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]2
  • Why choose to be like this? This post is completely unnecessary and self serving.  I've never seen Meister attack anyone on here, but yet he gets this treatment.   God forbid people stay optimistic and enjoy their athletics instead of living and dying by it.

Dude is still crabby his daddies Doc and Hamrick are gone

#totalloser

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, 2xBison, Big City, svherd, The E-Man, goherd24

Offline herd2win

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 11:52:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey clown court, I was commending Herdmeister as I love his dedication to MU.  It was a light hearted comment about it being a rough night especially when he drove 18 hours to see them lose.

I am glad we have people like Meister behind the Herd, i also wish some would be more objectionable.  I was not a Doc fan until I felt the need to defend him as a few basketball posters on here killed him every day while propping up Dan like he was John Wooden.  Doc had a better record than Dan but was constantly getting bashed.

I did like Hamrick and believe he accomplished a lot as our AD.  He was always pleasant to me and attentive.  I also was ready for a change in football but was aware we could go backwards when Doc was consistent winner except for 1 horrible season.

Offline RollingThunder80

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 12:03:30 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like Meister.  Wish I could enjoy even bad seasons like he does somehow.  really he is more of a true fan than most including me. 

Offline MUther

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 12:19:21 PM »
  • [Like]4
  • [Dislike]0
  • The basketball team is his extended family.  The family can screw up and make mistakes and break your heart but they're still family and you still love them.  The thing about HM, is he treats everyone he knows like that.  He gets a lot of flack sometimes for his outlook, but no one that knows him would ever attack him.  His attitude on life comes from a different place that most people don't even have.

I think he is so close to the program that sometimes he can't see the forest for the trees, but that's his choice and no one is making anyone read what he writes.  We have debated stuff from time to time but it is always done with respect and not malice.  The most astonishing thing is he continues to provide his insider information and thoughts for the board despite the critics that would have zero information without him.  I would have told y'all to piss off a long time ago.

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 12:27:44 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • The basketball team is his extended family.  The family can screw up and make mistakes and break your heart but they're still family and you still love them.  The thing about HM, is he treats everyone he knows like that.  He gets a lot of flack sometimes for his outlook, but no one that knows him would ever attack him.  His attitude on life comes from a different place that most people don't even have.

I think he is so close to the program that sometimes he can't see the forest for the trees, but that's his choice and no one is making anyone read what he writes.  We have debated stuff from time to time but it is always done with respect and not malice.  The most astonishing thing is he continues to provide his insider information and thoughts for the board despite the critics that would have zero information without him.  I would have told y'all to piss off a long time ago.

Excellent post!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, scherd, wlf

Offline RollingThunder80

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 01:03:26 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

Pretty good summary there Muther

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, pembrook burrows III, wlf

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 01:30:34 PM »
  • [Like]4
  • [Dislike]0
  • What I have read over the years and heard from friends, Herdmeister has invested a lot of his time and money supporting MU basketball and football. He has probably attended more away games (football and basketball) than most of us combined. On top of this, he is not a Marshall grad or from the Huntington area.  If only the rest of us had his interest and commitment to MU?

His posts are always polite and respective. You may not agree with him, but a message board is a place to post your thoughts.  I wish the rest of us (including myself) had the class he shows on this board.

Offline chris88

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 01:34:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like Meister.  Wish I could enjoy even bad seasons like he does somehow.  really he is more of a true fan than most including me.

Agree 100%.  We need die hard fans but ultimately the product needs to be entertaining and without that you have to win most of the time. I do more than enough of my fair share tearing down although I try to not get too personal or attack players.  Not sure it changes anything but sometimes it is helpful to relieve frustration and some criticism is constructive.  If watching/following is more frustrating than enjoyable there is a point where you just have to turn it off and step away. That might mean stop going, stop contributing.  I did that quite awhile ago and my attitude now is it is up to the program(s) to win me back. Our coaches and AD make a lot of money to figure it out and put the product people will watch on field etc. I am paying for ESPN+ and had soccer season tix but that's about it. I drove 9 hrs back from SC for ECU FB game. I don't regret that but it didn't make me want to reengage at a higher level.

I watched about 5-10 minutes total of game last night. Every time down floor TK took the shot and/or controlled most of the ball possession.  He had a good game but failed to involve his teammates much. To me that is a receipe for disaster. My observation is DD doesn't have a good feel for how to mesh his talent. I don't buy we are void of talent but other teams have found how to defend us and attack us and the answers don't seem to be in grasp of the staff.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herd33, The E-Man

Offline sardistim

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 02:06:48 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey clown court, I was commending Herdmeister as I love his dedication to MU.  It was a light hearted comment about it being a rough night especially when he drove 18 hours to see them lose.

I am glad we have people like Meister behind the Herd, i also wish some would be more objectionable.  I was not a Doc fan until I felt the need to defend him as a few basketball posters on here killed him every day while propping up Dan like he was John Wooden.  Doc had a better record than Dan but was constantly getting bashed.

I did like Hamrick and believe he accomplished a lot as our AD.  He was always pleasant to me and attentive.  I also was ready for a change in football but was aware we could go backwards when Doc was consistent winner except for 1 horrible season.

In your mind you may feel like you are commending him and having light-hearted fun, but this an example of writing stuff that comes across as just negative and in this case personal crap that is tiresome and not needed.  The disconnect between what you think you are doing and how it is received by other Herd fans is profound.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, scherd, pembrook burrows III, wasbarryb, The E-Man

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 02:18:36 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

Laughable

Hamrick ran Herd football into the ground. He did lots of great things, but destroying the football program is a massive black eye

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, Big City

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 02:18:36 PM »

Offline herd2win

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 02:21:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Laughable

Hamrick ran Herd football into the ground. He did lots of great things, but destroying the football program is a massive black eye

Is running the football program in the ground averaging 8 wins a season during Docs last 4 and playing for a conference championship is running into the ground, what was this year?

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 02:23:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Laughable

I would still put the lion's share of that on Doc.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 02:23:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is running the football program in the ground averaging 8 wins a season during Docs last 4 and playing for a conference championship is running into the ground, what was this year?

You?ll get no argument from me about Huff

He?s ?new Doc? as far as I?ve seen so far

The following users thanked this post: Big City, Always THE HERD

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 02:24:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You?ll get no argument from me about Huff

He?s ?new Doc? as far as I?ve seen so far

well as far as results yes...but at least he's a more personable face of the program.  he will be easier to like IF he starts winning or winning big I should say.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, Big City

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #16 on: January 21, 2022, 02:24:57 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would still put the lion's share of that on Doc.

Who kept Doc around and protected him when it was clear that Doc was hot garbage?

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, mr_ash_1995, DC01HERD, Big City, herd33

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2022, 02:27:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who kept Doc around and protected him when it was clear that Doc was hot garbage?

oh, I do think Hamrick's mistake, and it was a big one was extending Doc.  In his defense it looked like a better decision at the time although I've never been on the Doc train.  After that mistake, I'd say stuck with Doc is more like it and we don't have that much money for buyouts.  That's in large part on all of us here sitting on our wallets.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2022, 02:38:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • oh, I do think Hamrick's mistake, and it was a big one was extending Doc.  In his defense it looked like a better decision at the time although I've never been on the Doc train.  After that mistake, I'd say stuck with Doc is more like it and we don't have that much money for buyouts.  That's in large part on all of us here sitting on our wallets.

No could always raise the money to can Doc but Hamrick wouldn?t do it

Thus the blame falls on Hamrick

Anyway it?s over now but hope Smith hires a great fundraiser and ?transformational leader? as new AD

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Always THE HERD

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 03:21:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whatever blame him, I just said most on Doc.  What?s the difference now, both our major programs will never be what we want them to be as it seems now.  Put whoever in charge and hire new coaches, at this point I doubt it makes a hell of a lot of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #20 on: January 21, 2022, 03:55:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whatever blame him, I just said most on Doc.  What?s the difference now, both our major programs will never be what we want them to be as it seems now.  Put whoever in charge and hire new coaches, at this point I doubt it makes a hell of a lot of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball can still compete at highest level imo

Football? Unfortunately not in this new era

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, horsrman, wlf

Offline wlf

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2022, 04:47:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Basketball can still compete at highest level imo

For now?.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2022, 04:47:58 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2022, 10:29:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Basketball can still compete at highest level imo

Heck, a lot of us would be glad if basketball would start competing in CUSA sometimes this season.  Certainly not too much to ask as that would be far from the "highest level"!!

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, chris88

Offline goherd24

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2022, 11:06:17 PM »
  • [Like]3
  • [Dislike]-1
  • Dude is still crabby his daddies Doc and Hamrick are gone

#totalloser

You nailed it. This is all that needs to be said. Meister is a great asset to this family we have here on herdfans. We all know that he sees basketball through green colored lenses, and you should temper those reports and info knowing that, but I'm glad to be a part if a board with him on it. If we had a lot more like him, we'd be better off.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2022, 10:36:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • If everyone was half the Marshall fan Herdmeister is then who knows where Marshall would be. I also love the fact DD allows fans like him to be close to the program. That is pretty cool on DDs part.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, yogiherd, Always THE HERD, vanhorn78

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2022, 10:36:34 AM »