Author Topic: Green Koolaid Insiders!  (Read 1029 times)

Offline W0lfman

Green Koolaid Insiders!
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First off thank you for joining our newly created forum.  After almost 10 years of running a free forum being frugal about things doesnt make the site better.  The things I want to add that enhance the overall experience of the site are things that now cost money.  No more looking around for freeware on the net that add value like I used to do.  There just isnt anything out there thats free anymore that can enhance the site more than our current state.  We've basicly just outgrown doing that anyway.

So in the weeks and months to come I hope to add and do things that you guys will see value in.   And if not let me know what I need to do.  We are going to strive to be the best. 

So thanks for supporting HerdFans.com over the years by being an active member growing us to where we are today...and now thank you for your financial support and contribution.  Its much appreciated! 

Dale
    aka W0lfman

Offline _sturt_

Re: Green Koolaid Insiders!
    « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 03:20:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dale, I recall awhile back making a post that drew others' attention to Hawksquawk, which is the Atlanta Hawks board that I began not quite ten years ago. Back then, I was using ezBoard, Bravenet and anything else I could possibly find to piece together a site that the majority of Hawks fans would visit because the only alternative was a lackluster, nondescript ESPN or CNNSI (as it was back then) or Atlanta Constitution-Journal board. Arguably the thing that made the biggest difference in traffic was when I was fortunate to get into good graces with the Hawks PR guy, who in turn, made arrangements for the Hawks general manager to do a Q&A about two or three times that season...

But I digress...

What I really want to get around to saying is that I was so proud of the job that the guys who took over that board have done, and I let others know that.

For what it's worth...

I think I'm more proud of the job you've done here, though. Unlike myself who lateralled the ball to others when I found some headwinds coming at me, you've held on and just continued to improve and improve as you could, and now I'm excited that you're going to have some funds with which to do some additional things you have in-mind.

Congratulations on the new look, and without knowing exactly what you have planned, I am sold-out that this thing is just going to continue to develop as THE ESSENTIAL message board for fans of the Marshall University Thundering Herd.

Offline W0lfman

Re: Green Koolaid Insiders!
    « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 06:40:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey I appreciate that sturt.  We are going to keep working the site thats for sure.