Author Topic: Please read.  (Read 6558 times)

Offline W0lfman

Please read.
« on: January 03, 2009, 04:50:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Over the past 7 or 8 years I've made only a few requests asking for restraint when it comes to making comments on our forum.  And for the most part the members here would oblige and conversation would level off and get back to a more normal tone.  I have always felt the members here policed themselves and the forum would find a way of correcting itself and staying true to what we all want a sports forum to be.

That is a huge compliment to the people that accept this community as their internet home. 

In saying that I am well aware the past 4 years have been disappointing on many levels and the MODS and myself have taken that into consideration when making decisions on what is appropriate and what isn't.

Also, I think most of you folks are aware of my feelings on the decisions that have been made in the Shewey building...I've voiced my concerns and have accepted there is nothing I can do about it.  To continue berating the man at this point serves no purpose, but to potentially hurt the program on a different level.  Recruiting.

What I'm asking--whether you are in the Snyder camp or not--is to take some time away from the forum to evaluate things on a personal level and comeback with a renewed focus that whatever is going on with the coaching staff we as fans do not need to be berating or belittling each other on a daily basis.  Sunshine pumpers and Snyder haters need to find a common ground.  Stop with hijacking each others postings and refrain from calling our brothers and sister names simply because we dont agree with certain recent decisions.

As fans and members of this forum we are all better than that.  And remember all of the problems we feel are obvious will be worked out in the end.  No one person or group will ever be bigger than the program.  It may take us a little longer to get where we need to be, but I believe without a doubt that we will get there.

Thanks for listening and understand this isn't a lecture or a post that is singling out any one group of posters in particular.  I hope every one has a great New Year in health, happiness and prosperity!!!

And GO HERD by gawd!!!

Offline IM4DHERD

Re: Please read.
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 04:54:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well said.  Capitalize Gawd.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NOOOOOOOOO!

The body snatchers have gotten to Wolf!

They're HERE!!!  And they'll be coming for YOU!

:o

Just kidding, Wolf.  I agree with you:  I think we all know how everyone feels at this point.  I was beginning to think no one was even talking anymore---we'd just reduced our discussions to just responding to each others' echoes . . . over and over and over . . . . .

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • well said Wolf

Online hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 05:54:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well said Obi-Wan!

Greg Adkins

Online luvherd

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 06:47:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well said. 
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline scherd

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 06:51:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A much needed post.  Thanks Wolf.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 07:46:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like 2XBison said.........saying it once or twice at appropriate times is one thing.......
    harping continuously is another.......the Pruett vs Snyder crap is olllllllld..!...recruits
    will be visiting..............count on it.............til Feb 4 lets talk up the Herd

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 08:40:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Spoken like an elder statesment.....     :-D

Wish we could all step back and take a deep breath and look at the big picture like you have just done.  Well said!

Henry Kissinger -- "The statesman's duty is to bridge the gap between experience and vision."

Aristotle -- "What the statesman is most anxious to produce is a certain moral character in his fellow citizens, namely a disposition to virtue and the performance of virtuous actions."

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
    « Reply #9 on: January 03, 2009, 09:11:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Over moderation here is becoming more and more frequent IMO. 

Moving a thread about Nick Saban and keeping the other 15 threads about how the Big 10 sucks is just stupid IMO.  Moving threads critical of a coach is plain stupid as well. 

But to each their own.  Do whatever you want you are in charge and can be a Nazi Mod if you want its within your right.  I can say that I'll not post here very often if at all.  There is a reason why I quit posting or visiting Herd Nation. 

Offline marshalljeff

• All American
    « Reply #10 on: January 03, 2009, 09:24:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who typed that for you, Wolf?  Not a single misselled word.

j/k....  great post.

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 09:38:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I feel that we need to keep the heat on Snyder and the administration about getting this problem fixed.  I think that those of us in "the resistance" are important for the future of our program.  That said, we do not need to to jump in on every thread and bash the man or the administration.  THAT said, I feel that those of us in "the resistance" have a duty to answer all those "sunshine pumpers" in every thread where they expound that they feel that everything is just ducky and it will all be better.  If we are just quiet, I am afraid that the administration will not see any problem in the program and feel that the fans are OK with the situation. 

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.cnmi-guide.com/ipg/islandlife/saipan2/

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ty Dale good post.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 10:11:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great post Wolf!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 10:53:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's about time, Dale.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 11:01:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Over moderation here is becoming more and more frequent IMO. 

Moving a thread about Nick Saban and keeping the other 15 threads about how the Big 10 sucks is just stupid IMO.  Moving threads critical of a coach is plain stupid as well. 

But to each their own.  Do whatever you want you are in charge and can be a Nazi Mod if you want its within your right.  I can say that I'll not post here very often if at all.  There is a reason why I quit posting or visiting Herd Nation. 
    why so much hate?  Take it easy and dont let the small things get you all upset.  I want you to enjoy coming here, but if you want to get nasty and call me a nazi then please feel free to leave.  I dont need to be worrying about someone who has never meet me in person nor has any idea what I'm about.  but somehow you feel you are comfortable enough to call me a nazi on the very forum I setup for you to have fun with and enjoy.  Thanks, but no thanks.

User Agreement
    We hope you find your time spent in our community forums to be useful and fun. To ensure that everyone has the best possible experience, we've established a few guidelines. Please take a moment to read them, and thank you for participating in our online community.

http://www.herdfans.com/12thman/index.php?board=12.0
    « Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:04:06 PM by W0lfman »

Offline GreenVooDoo

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 04/2009
    « Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 01:17:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great post! I have "lurked" and chose not to post for a good part of a year due to this. I am happy to be back and happier to oblige your request!
    HOPE NEVER DIES!

Geaux HERD!

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
    « Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 04:30:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • why so much hate?  Take it easy and dont let the small things get you all upset.  I want you to enjoy coming here, but if you want to get nasty and call me a nazi then please feel free to leave.  I dont need to be worrying about someone who has never meet me in person nor has any idea what I'm about.  but somehow you feel you are comfortable enough to call me a nazi on the very forum I setup for you to have fun with and enjoy.  Thanks, but no thanks.

Blah blah.

Good for you.  I said board Nazi, don't think too highly of yourself there. 

I'm not letting something small upset me.  Honestly, right now Marshall athletics is so irrelevant in anything right now. If things keep going the way they are Marshall will be viewed on the same level as Coastal Carolina.  Its bad enough that Appy State has more prestige than Marshall. 

So forgive me if someone saying Snyder sucks deserves the right to be heard or that Marcum has destroyed Marshall athletics.  Instead they are put onto the nothing board that no one reads.

I think Over Moderation which is obviously going on here are people taking themselves too serious.  So what if a recruit reads that fans think Snyder Sucks.  I'd rather they read that than think fans accept losing year after fuckin year.

Just out of curiosity.  I know the internet in general has picked up the past 5 years across the board.  Has traffic to this board picked up at the same rate?  I bet you that it hasn't because no one likes a loser and thats what Snyder, Marcum, and Kopp have brought to Marshall.

Like it or not.  Its the truth.  Move it to another board or not, it doesn't change facts.   

Offline dixie10

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 08:29:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I feel that we need to keep the heat on Snyder and the administration about getting this problem fixed.  I think that those of us in "the resistance" are important for the future of our program.  That said, we do not need to to jump in on every thread and bash the man or the administration.  THAT said, I feel that those of us in "the resistance" have a duty to answer all those "sunshine pumpers" in every thread where they expound that they feel that everything is just ducky and it will all be better.  If we are just quiet, I am afraid that the administration will not see any problem in the program and feel that the fans are OK with the situation. 

They will feel it in the attendance of next years games, and unless they do "get it fixed" The Joan will fall silent.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 10:59:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So you think this board is over moderated?  Just how many of your posts over the years have been moved?  Why dont you go start your own board and bash Snyder and company as much as you want.  I bet you wouldnt stay running long.
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:01:53 AM by W0lfman »

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2009, 11:22:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wolf, some just want to continue complaining for the fact that they can complain.

2001 if you do not like the way this board is being moderated, you can go somewhere else to post! The mods are not making you post on here.
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:25:38 AM by Huffnagel »
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2001 there is NO way you can say this board is overmoderated.  We are very fortunate to have mods/admins that let alot of things slip.  Who cares if one of your posts was moved its not a big deal.  I had a few of my posts deleted and sent Wolf a pm asking him why and he explained why thats all you can do.  I bet if you wuold have done that he would have explained why but no you had to go on and look like a fool "moderating" every post.. GROW UP

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    « Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 02:40:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This board is not over moderated. Keep up the good work and thanks for a place that allows us to express our impassioned views of Marshall athletics. 

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just don't understand it, Dale. Why do we keep letting people like this post here?
    Why let someone continue to disrespect us on the public forum?
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #24 on: January 04, 2009, 05:02:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2001 has been on here a while and Ive never heard him act like that.  What he was saying didnt seem to make sense.   At least not when directed at Wolf. 

I'm miffed...

Maybe 2001 simply needed to sleep it off.  His posts were all fairly late in the evening...on a Saturday night no less.