Author Topic: Marshall fans have lost a true friend.....  (Read 9295 times)

Offline DA4Dherd

• Varsity
Re: Marshall fans have lost a true friend.....
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2007, 11:23:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank you so much for your kind comments about our Daddy.  We checked today to see if anyone posted memorial service info.  If anyone would like to attend we would love to see you.  Knoxville Service, Saturday the 17th at Fellowship Church, 8000 Middlebrok Pike, receiving of friends 10am, service at 11am.  West Virginia Service is Monday the 19th at 7pm at the Baptist church in Hurricane.  Your kind words are a comfort to us.

photobydaughters, as I said above I hope God comforts your family in your (and all Herd fans') loss.

I knew KD from talking to him at the Smokin Thunder tailgates.  I always looked forward to seeing him there.
    Go HERD.....and Go get your PSA Test....it may just let you cheer a little longer.....

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2007, 11:38:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank you so much for your kind comments about our Daddy.  We checked today to see if anyone posted memorial service info.  If anyone would like to attend we would love to see you.  Knoxville Service, Saturday the 17th at Fellowship Church, 8000 Middlebrok Pike, receiving of friends 10am, service at 11am.  West Virginia Service is Monday the 19th at 7pm at the Baptist church in Hurricane.  Your kind words are a comfort to us.

He was always so proud of his daughters, and spoke of you so fondly... it was evident that Marshall was #2 in his heart, for good reason. His family was so #1.

I regret your loss, and wish we as a group of people could just come around you and swallow you up in a big, warm hug... warmth, after all, is one of the things I think of when I think of your father. Beyond our friendship this board, I only knew him for the two years that I lived in Knoxville, but he was not hard to get to know. As someone else here has written, if you knew him here, you also knew him in person. Your father mattered to many people, and you have every reason to be exceedingly proud to call him "dad."

Offline HRHF

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #52 on: November 14, 2007, 12:01:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Never met ya, photoby.... but I always enjoyed your posts. May you carry on...
    Home is where the Herd is.

Offline Catbird

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #53 on: November 14, 2007, 12:28:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I never met "Photo By", but he and I shared a few PMs along the way.

He seemed a very genuine, considerate man ... and he answered a couple questions I had in a level, empathatic fashion.

I trusted his opinion and his judgement.

As a visitor to the MU board ... I feel your pain in losing such a man.

God Bless, Photo By ...

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 06:22:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank you so much for your kind comments about our Daddy.  We checked today to see if anyone posted memorial service info.  If anyone would like to attend we would love to see you.  Knoxville Service, Saturday the 17th at Fellowship Church, 8000 Middlebrok Pike, receiving of friends 10am, service at 11am.  West Virginia Service is Monday the 19th at 7pm at the Baptist church in Hurricane.  Your kind words are a comfort to us.

I'm so sorry for your loss...  Your father was a great man and I enjoyed many conversations with him at tailgates and we talked regularly online.  I am still at a loss for words and for that I apologize, but if you need anything don't hesitate to ask.  You are in all of our thoughts and prayers.
    GO HERD!!!

Offline HerdinKY

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 06:43:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Many prayers for the family and God speed to heaven for you my friend.  His level headed and quick witted posts will be sorely missed on this board. 
    When "Thunderstruck" starts its too late!

Offline marshallisqbu

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #56 on: November 14, 2007, 07:45:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I loved seeing his opinion on everything, I always felt a little smarter after reading what he felt on a subject.  He will be missed, and prayers for the family. 

Offline RIVER HERD

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #57 on: November 14, 2007, 08:08:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sad news. god speed to you.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #58 on: November 14, 2007, 08:10:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wow. Just wow.  Photoby was solid class, the best of the best.  This hits me like a hammer, it is a huge loss.  

For now, let's all mourn our friend, for that is the right thing to do.  But let's a few of us put our heads together at UAB ...  surely we can do something as a tribute to celebrate and remember photoby.

Offline eastlynnchillidog

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #59 on: November 14, 2007, 08:14:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This truely saddens me.  Although I never met the man, he seemed like a kind man that loved his family and Marshall football.  My condolences go out to his family and friends!  He will be missed by many!

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2007, 08:28:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The tailgates will not be the same anymore.
    When I did make it to the games, I always looked forward to talking with my good friend KD.
    He was a quiet guy at first, it seemed to me, but then he opens up with so many humorous things to say. Especially the WVU jokes.
    Always had a positive thing to say when everything seemed negative.

I will never forget that rainy spring game in Charleston a couple of years ago.
    We served food to everyone including the players.
    We cut up so much and had so much fun.

I would always tell him to have a safe trip back because I knew that was a long haul for him.

I really appreciate his dedication.

HE WAS A TRUE HERD FAN

Photoby, the man, the fan, the legend.
    Rest In Peace

I hope that his daughters can continue to post on here and join our herd family online.
    You are already family in our hearts.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Online lexkyherdfan

• Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #61 on: November 14, 2007, 08:38:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Terrible news.  I never met him but always enjoyed reading his posts.  He will be missed.

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #62 on: November 14, 2007, 09:53:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Terrible news

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2007, 09:55:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is just horrible. KD was just a great human being. I just don't know what to say. This is sad.

And to think how happy and proud of a grandfather he was! He will be missed.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline murox

• Varsity
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #64 on: November 14, 2007, 09:55:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

My sincere condolences.  I enjoyed conversation with your father, and I am truly saddened by this news.

Offline cutmeopenibleedgreen

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My condolences go out to KD's family. While I never met him, he seemed like a wonderful human being. My prayers are with you and yours, KD.....
    "What day is it, son?" "Game Day." "What day?"  "Game Day!" "Thats Right! Time to play till the whistle blows!"

Offline Herd Fan 4-Life

• Varsity
    « Reply #66 on: November 14, 2007, 10:07:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very sad news!

Never had the honor of meeting Mr. Lawson, but he made me feel like we had been friends forever in the few PM's we exchanged.

I looked forward to reading his posts.  Always had a positive spin on everything and could turn a rain cloud into sunshine.

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2007, 10:08:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Photos and stories by K.D.Lawson,
    Captured the moment and told the story,
    Gone too soon,much too soon
    Like those before him,Ashes to Glory.

May God receive him and bless his family.

Offline Thunders

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2007, 11:13:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not sure if I ever met Photo but loved his posts and what he brought to the board and the Herd faithful. He will be missed and I pray for him and his family during this tough time in life. RIP

This is why people must go to the ER if you are having ANY chest pain or shortness of breath. You never know what is wrong until you find out. May be too late if you don't. You could have high blood pressure and not even know it and it is the silent killer.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline BULLHALSEY

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2007, 11:40:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does anyone know how old KD was?
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

Offline chezdog30

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #70 on: November 14, 2007, 12:29:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Horrible news....God bless him and his family.....Could we possibly promote an hour or so of silence (no posts) in Photo's honor? Maybe publicize a silent period to remember our good friend?

Offline tradebait

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2007, 01:41:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • RIP, my brother Herd fan.
    Superior skill and knowledge win over fear and superstition each and every time.

Offline HerdHead

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2007, 03:14:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Saddened to hear the news.

The world is a better place because of the life of K.D. Lawson.

Offline MUinDE

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2007, 03:17:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My sincerest condolences to his family.  I only knew of him through his posts on the various Herd forums, but what I knew I respected.

Offline muphoto

• Rookie
    « Reply #74 on: November 14, 2007, 03:20:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I got the news on Monday.  KD and I had known each other since we were students here at MU in the early '70s.
    I have lost one of my best and truest friends.
    Last December when I was trying to find additional photographers to shoot the Huntington Premiere of WE ARE MARSHALL, KD didn't hesitate to help out.
    In June my daughter got married and  KD volunteered to shoot photos at the wedding.
    He was a great photographer and was always willing to share his knowledge about our business and craft.
    He will be missed.

If any of you are in the Hurricane, WV area on Monday evening, we will be having a service to remember KD.
    It will be at 7pm at the First Baptist Church.