Off Topic & Non Sports > "Tavern Off the Green" Sports Bar

Most Expensive Airfare in the Nation

(1/3) > >>

HerdEcon:
Charleston, WV, was the only WV airport included in the study. The regional airport between Charleston and Huntington would have been a good thing.  Instead, we watch Tri-State struggle, Yeager throw millions of $$ off a cliff to lengthen runways, the Air National Guard complain, and air cargo go to other airports and get trucked in.

https://www.wowktv.com/news/west-virginia/west-virginia-has-the-most-expensive-domestic-flights-in-america-study-says/amp/

svherd:

--- Quote from: HerdEcon on March 18, 2024, 06:48:39 AM ---Charleston, WV, was the only WV airport included in the study. The regional airport between Charleston and Huntington would have been a good thing.  Instead, we watch Tri-State struggle, Yeager throw millions of $$ off a cliff to lengthen runways, the Air National Guard complain, and air cargo go to other airports and get trucked in.

https://www.wowktv.com/news/west-virginia/west-virginia-has-the-most-expensive-domestic-flights-in-america-study-says/amp/

--- End quote ---

No doubt. In the last week, I've booked flights to LA and Vancouver for meetings and it was over 1K from HTS or CRW. Flying out of Cincy and Columbus, around 680 round trip on each. Even with parking, save the company over $200 per trip.

HTS still waiting on another flight to add. They are saying they have it worked out with American to add a Chicago route. American tells them, they don't have enough pilots to add routes right now. Why don't they look at Breeze, Contour, etc?

marshallmark:

--- Quote from: svherd on March 18, 2024, 07:58:47 AM ---No doubt. In the last week, I've booked flights to LA and Vancouver for meetings and it was over 1K from HTS or CRW. Flying out of Cincy and Columbus, around 680 round trip on each. Even with parking, save the company over $200 per trip.

HTS still waiting on another flight to add. They are saying they have it worked out with American to add a Chicago route. American tells them, they don't have enough pilots to add routes right now. Why don't they look at Breeze, Contour, etc?

--- End quote ---

Breeze wouldn't be in Charleston but for the state subsidizing them - no way they do that with another airport

bighat:
I always fly out of Columbus.  You get stuck somewhere else on trip back out of Charleston.

svherd:

--- Quote from: marshallmark on March 18, 2024, 09:05:29 AM ---Breeze wouldn't be in Charleston but for the state subsidizing them - no way they do that with another airport

--- End quote ---

We have the million dollars to blow on some airline. The 750K government grant and the 250K matching funds raised via the dreaded Soar campaign. I really wonder if the management and board at HTS have any real intentions of trying to add a flight? They seem content with what we have. God forbid Allegiant would pull out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version